Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Norway - all places without their own thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like #239/4 and #239/5 very much. Why? Don't know. They give me just a good feeling. Aaaah, Norway!!
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Oh, I can understand your favourites here :-)

Yesterday I went to a place I've never ever sat foot in my entire life, strange as it may sound, as I brought my Pentax to Stavneset light (the lighthouse you can see to starboard as you start the approach to Kristiansund when in example on board a hurtigrute).

From the carpark it's actually 2,2 km, but the start is set at 1,8 km from the lighthouse via a graveled path

The sign stand at the end of the road here, just in front of the car coming down the hill

On the way out, one has to walk by a traditional farm for the area

Turning 180 degrees, you see that I'm not far from Kristiansund. Just about 4-5 km in a straight line

One actually comes down to the area from behind to the left of this b/w shot "new" building. "New" because it was built in 1953, whereas the original buildings are from 1894

A few shots from the lighthouse area

It goes up and down...

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Someone watched every step I took...

A few of the lighthouse friends were out here yesterday to make a few arrangements before the Easter and the main season of the cafè from 1. May to September, so I was invited inside to view how they maintain and keeps this area and buildings. A great job is what they are doing!

View out the kitchen window toward Kristiansund

Continue with some details

Toward Kristiansund, and the other side is 2,66 km away

Part of the freshwater dam they have out there. more like a pond

Comment

Nice images when the photographer lay down ;-)

Then the ships began to move, first SEA CARGO EXPLORER on her way to Trondheim

Container ship CONCORDIA from Sunndalsøra to Orkanger south-west of Trondheim

In a way we could say the cruise season started in Kristiansund yesterday, as GANN was the first out on the Port Authority cruise list.
          Here she's seen leaving for Bømlo

(Note to self: Stavneset must be a great place to be when a cruise ship pass in or out)
          Last edited by Sterkoder; March 3rd, 2016, 17:01.

Comment

Just to let you all get a general idea of the area down by the lighthouse when you come walking via the graveled path. The snowy hills of Hitra island can be seen far, far in the distance. (The closest snowy mountain is at island Tustna)

Comment

Nice idea, that Gann is starting the cruise season, while Vesteralen with the same look, but different colours is a regular visitor all the year. With a daily double visit of the Hurtigruten ships with a lot of cruise passengers aboard Kristiansund is a remarkable frequented cruise port, even if the visit hours are not such attractive, but nevertheless....

Great place by the way. I guess you will return there quite often. I like the detail pictures of the lighthouse.
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

I have never been out to the light house at Stavneset, and looking at your images, I don't know why I haven't made a bigger effort. As you say, this could be a really cool place when the cruiseships sail in or out from your city. I will have to make an extra effort to go there next time when I visit Kristiansund, I hope some time soon.
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Jan-Olav, this was my very first visit to Stavneset, and if you decide to go: be sure to have enough time at your disposal! (I almost didn't want to leave the place...).
                  And for cruise ship photography: when the ships arrive in the morning, there will be close to direct head light from the sun. The most perfect light will be when the ships depart, as the evening sun will light the ships from port (west).

Anyway, if you take a look at post #200, you will see how Eide and the area close by looks in May (2014). Here are a few images I took in the morning of March 8th, when I was on my way to Bud

First, Eide and the area I photographed from a couple of miles or more away, looking southwest

I almost forgot all about my trip to Bud that day, as motifs in Eide appeared all around me all the time...

Humid air from the river made these frosty looking trees during night. (Upon my arrival from Bud, the sun had naturally melted it all away).

Looking east. Nature here is so beautiful that I'm lost for words

Have to tell you a little bit about this picture: This view (old fence and trees mirroring in the water) is not visible from the road when you drive by. I only discovered this when I climbed over the autofence to climb down to the water to "relieve pressure"

The broken ice in front just forced me to take this photograph

One final picture before I had to go...

Comment

• yvneac
                    yvneac commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Each picture of this serie is a delight.What an atmosphere.We almost could feel the fresh air.

Then I arrived in Bud. This lighthouse is not in function, but it's placed in Bud as a memorabilia after it being replaced by a more modern light just east of Bud.

Peace and calm along the fishermens seahouses

A detail from an old house

RS Maersk visited Bud harbour

After waving goodbye to the crew, the RS Maersk continued her patrol

I walked up the stairs from the breakwater to Fort Ergan, the German remains from WW2

German produced lsearchlight, but actually a Bofors cannon, if I'm not mistaken...

Comment

Looking south from Ergan towards Bud

Two (towers) leading way...., so to speak. Bud church and the old lighthouse

1,5 km east of Fort Ergan was the remains of the old radar provideing radar info to the Ergan gunnery

From the rest area besides the road beneath the old radar is a path down to the ocean

I returned home via the Atlantic Road. Pictures will appear in that thread later...

Comment

Whoa, Marvellous!

Eide - what magical weather and great shots. #248/2 is my favorite.
                      And Bud, who can resist lighthouses, or boathouses?
                      A very genuine sign at that tobacco store.
                      And then #250/3: a very creative way to use BW photography, a bit of a dramatic feeling there.
                      And finally #250/4: such a symmetric fantastic composition. Raises some "arty and philosophical questions": is this the end of the road, is the sea the meaning of the journey, is the sea the beginning of something new, is this way way to the nature, or horizon?

Comment

• nari
                        nari commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I definitely "liked" all of them - especially #248 et al...looks like spring is finally making an impression. The last one with the road to nowhere is quite challenging in a philosophical sense.

Glad you enjoyed my pictures here, Tommi. Thank you.
                      And different from FB, I'm more happy with comments on CVF than a short and meaningless 'Like'

Comment

A few weeks ago, one early morning when I was on my way to Oppdal. Here are a few images from Meisingset area and Ålvundfjorden at sunrise

Looking out Ålvundfjorden towards Breifjorden (if anyone try to follow me on a map)

Ålvundfjord

Comment

Bodo doen't appear to have been honoured with it's own thread, so here goes: http://www.na-weekly.com/featured/di...to-do-in-bodo/

Comment

I sense there is some spring in your image, and I'm really happy about that.

Lighter and warmer days ahead..... I like 253-2 because of the mirror like water.
                          With kind regards,

Jan-Olav Storli
                          Administrator and Owner CaptainsVoyage Forum / CaptainsVoyage.com

Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X