Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Norway - all places without their own thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want to start a 'This is Angvik'-thread for 16 pictures, so I post here.
    Today I saw a picture on FB of a familiar ship being moored in Kristiansund, and me being too late, I had to check my AIS to see where the ship had gone.
    To my surprice, I spottet her sailing into the Tingvollfjorden on her way to Angvik, a 45 minutes drive from my home.
    Angvik is a place with a furniture factory and a very popular hotel and SPA, Angvik Gamle Handelssted (www.angvik-hotell.no) and before 1992 they had a ferry connection with Tingvoll.

Now, why would I use two hours or more to drive to this place, take pictures and going back home?

With the most beautiful surroundings...

Well...., the ship I was following was one you all know: M/S NORDSTJERNEN!

These are pictures none of you have ever seen, with Tingvoll as a backdrop, so I was rather pleased I had done a scoop tonight :-)

Now, THIS is a beautyful ship..., Tommi. I'm sure you agree ;-)
    Last edited by Sterkoder; May 27th, 2015, 07:08.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Angvik is a very nice place. (By the way, the donor of half a million kroner to the new sundbåt in Kristiansund live here, hence the name Angvik on the sundbåt ;-) )

After a nice time in Angvik with NORDSTJERNEN, it was time to head home. Gjemnessundet suspention bridge with Averøy in the background

A few pictures before we drive down under the fjord in the once upon a time longest sub seabed tunnel in Europe

A weathersystem is building rapidly around Freikollen

Freikollen all packed in in 30 seconds

The funnel at the fishfood factory Skretting is 150 meters high

That's all for now folks..., hope the Nordstjernen pictures was as big a surprice to you as it was to me ;-)
      Last edited by Sterkoder; May 27th, 2015, 07:11.

Comment

Always exciting seeing a ship in an unusual environmment.Thank you Sterkoder.
        You mention the ferry Ankvik-Tingvoll.I was in this area in 1981.I am not sure but perhaps it was this one?

Comment

My pleasure. Yes, there's the Tingvoll-Angvik ferry :-)

The ferry in this picture is ISTRA, which the ferry company used in the Tingvoll-Angvika route from 1977 to 1981
          Last edited by Sterkoder; February 17th, 2016, 13:17. Reason: Added ferry name

Comment

New attraction planned in Loen: http://www.smp.no/nyheter/article11158087.ece

Will this be realized and, if so, can it be profitable??

Comment

An old quay at Vågbø, a short diversion from Tingvoll

Far into the distance you can see Surnadal on a clear day

View towards Stangvik (you have to pick up your map here ;-) )

Driveing home from Tingvoll, I stopped just outside the new tunnel and took some pictures

A stone wall leading into a culvert under RV70

The old ferry quay at Bergsøy. This became obsolete when the Gjemnessundet suspention bridge opened in 1992

And speaking of which...

Comment

From the Gjemnessundet suspention bridge we see the funnell at Skretting fisk food factory at Averøy

Comment

My daughter and I did a "photo safari" down to Alnes and Alnes lighthouse 10 NM out of Ålesund on Godøya yesterday. This place has much more to give also in bad weather, so this is not my last visit, that's for sure.

Here's the open link to my Alnes album on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=0a981e731f

Comment

• yvneac
                    yvneac commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I watched it.Nice report giving an opportunity to discover the surrundings of Aalesund.Love the watercolours inside the fyr.

• Sterkoder
                    Sterkoder commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So happy you enjoyed my "report" from Alnes.
                    I'm sorry for not posting each picture with comments in here, but it takes too much time.

Speaking from my heart:
                    It would've been worth every minute if CVF was like "in the old days", but have a look in this thread, as an example; before my entry yesterday, there has been no movement (comment) since June..., four months. And that was me, posting the last picture from my last photo trip...
                    I only have so many hours at my disposal, so in the light of how "silent" CVF has become, I find it less time consuming to post a link from FB viewable for all (FB member or not), if they are interested.

Not saying I will stop posting pictures on CVF, but maybe not as large bulks as before, and not spending hour upon hour trying to make chronological tour for you to follow....

NO, it's not me crying for attention. It's me "crying" over the sad fact that CVF is fading away, at least for me...
                    Last edited by Sterkoder; October 9th, 2015, 11:41.

Anyway..., for those who can't watch Facebook no matter what..., here are a few teasers from my visit to Alnes and the beautiful lighthouse out there.
                  (For lighthouse info, use Google)

View of Alnes as we came out of the tunnel

View of the lighthouse tower from Alnes beach (Yes, my white balance were on 'Cloudy'..., I know)

A small part of the beach. Island Runde in the distance

A fantastic place to go bananas with a camera

Built in 1876, 26 meters straight up...

There is a cafè at the tower basin, open 12:00 to 18:00 1. June to 31. August

Ålesund as seen from outside the cafè, 10 kilometers away

The east side

Comment

Inside of the lighthouse tower there are permanently stored pictures painted by Ørnulf Opdahl, a well known painter from the area (the other side of the tunnel).
                    Him and his wife donated some of their work to Friends of Alnes Fyr, and they also take part in the building of a visitor center out there, which they only just started to build when I visited the place.

Ørnulf Opdahl working in a timelaps video. A 'must see' for art lovers

One of the paintings.

He also donated sketches and notes to painting ideas

View from the top towards Alnes beach.

Photographer shadow can be seen

Hanging over the fence

A small model of the tower in the window there

Comment

• yvneac
                      yvneac commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you for this video on the making of the paintings.Really interesting.And of course for posting the whole report on CVF.

• Sterkoder
                      Sterkoder commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There are a few more pictures in the FB posting. (I must point out again that no FB account is required for watching).
                      As for the video, there are more on YouTube with Ørnulf Opdahl..., also one where he talk about the donation to the lighthouse and building of the new public house close to the old buildings.

One last picture for you here, hope you enjoyed the visit

Comment

Oh, how wonderful and awesome. I've been out there once or maybe even twice, but never had the chance to visit inside.
                      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

On my way to the Atlantic Road the other day, I had to stop to take a couple of pictures from Frei over towards Bergsøy and Reinsfjell

And one from Gjemnes towards Frei

Comment

• Tommi
                          Tommi commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Impressive weather!

• PoloUK
                          PoloUK commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes, like Tommi says - the weather on that bit of the coast is amazing. It seems to arrive in 'lumps' - just a wall of cloud. Great photos.

• pakarang
                          pakarang commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Increadible light in those panoramas.... there is a certain "I'm there feeling" to them.

A few days ago I decided to go to a place called Aksneset and Aksneset light east of Tingvoll, as a photoshoot there has been on my notepad for quite some time.
                        It's a remote place at the dead end of the road, and since there are just a summer house out there together with a deserted old farm, you can operate pretty much alone. I like that.

Here we go, enjoy!

The mountains in the distance are Trollheimen

On my stomach on the beach...., taking a picture of the lighthouse with Surnadal far into the distance in the east

Small fishing boat LINE on the fjord with mountains Indre and Ytre Sula in the background, looking toward south-east here

Comment

Driving back home, I made a stop at the resting place near the Bergsøysundet floating bridge. The bridge is the only one in the world anchored only in each end, and that is by such struts as you see displayed here.

Comment

Working...
                          X