Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Norway - all places without their own thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I agree with you Sigve! Svele and MRF goes hand in hand and the reciept for svele is as you say originally from Møre og Romsdal and the ferrycompany MRF.
    It will take decades before Fjord1 manage to eraze MRF from my mind and vocabulary, and a svele on other ferries is not a svele :-)
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Maybe make an exception someday and sample the sveler on you-know-which Trondheimsfjord ferry! ...comes highly recommended as you can see here :-

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
        Oh, I agree with you Sigve! Svele and MRF goes hand in hand and the reciept for svele is as you say originally from Møre og Romsdal and the ferrycompany MRF.
        It will take decades before Fjord1 manage to eraze MRF from my mind and vocabulary, and a svele on other ferries is not a svele :-)
        I had to find my old MRF mug with picture of the real "SVELEGREP" (svelegrip - how to hold the svele the right way) and the recipe for the MRF-svele.

Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

Marvellous and pleasurable post and photo, Øistein!
          I can see that my soft and fingerless travel mascot is never going to be able to manage the SVELEGREP, and am just as sure that implementing the recipe just wouldn't turn out quite right if I tried it!
          A mug to bring mouthwatering smiles and I'm sure many happy memories.

Comment

Eide again, 45 minutes by car southwest of Kristiansund

Spottermobile

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I’'m glad you posted #200/1 before 200/2 - personally I prefer the first which somehow has a very satisfying feeling, one to linger over, which the colour version kind of lacks. Can't exactly explain. But I am very satisfied with the colour and indeed everything about that portrait of your spottermobile! – Yes, it truly is a “portrait” of the car and not simply a photo of it.

Comment

• Sterkoder
                Sterkoder commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks my friend!!

Yes, I like b/w more and more, and my "photographic eye" see more in b/w than before. I now even deliberately set my camera to b/w.

And as for the car..., you're correct, it's a portrait. Of a spottermobile at work. It's not parked in it's usual place outside my home, it's at work together with me. Had to park there and wander into the woods to capture #200/1 and /2 :-)

I don't think we have a Karmøy thread - so hopefully this is the right place for some photos of Skudeneshavn. I've already posted the ones of Nordstjernen looking fantastic at the quayside, but here are some more of this rather charming little place. Again I can't believe how lucky we were with weather - it wasn't warm, but it was glorious. We were there on a Sunday, so there wasn't much happening.

Concentrating on the old town, very similar to Gamle Stavanger and some of the villages much further south.

Firstly to prove we're in the right place.

And that we were at the seaside - a big fish-hook. (Yes, I know, just kidding).

Looking along from town towards the old ferry quay (just get a peek of something beautiful beyond the trawler).

Then the quaint, empty, village streets.

With plenty of interesting looking doors and windows.

I loved the way that the gleaming white paintwork was broken up with some stunning vivid planting in pots and baskets.

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Just a few more from Skudeneshavn.

Another one of the Old Town - looking completely deserted.

A dramatic scene on a sign post (I closed my eyes 'cos I didn't want to see what happens next - and I thought the Scandis drove on the other side of the road), and a list of the major attractions. (World's smallest cafe may not be - we do a nice line in absolutely tiny tea shops around here too!!).

Back towards town - and a nice mixture of old and new.

And finally - some old dear stuck to a rock. I understand the sign to mean that she's neither a car nor a bicycle.

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

What a nice excursion! Something you definitely miss, when you're just travelling with Hurtigruten.
                  Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• PoloUK
                    PoloUK commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Ralf. The south and north are so completely different. We 'only' did 3,000km this trip - around 1/2 the distance of a Finnmark trip. Had a great time. Next year we're going north again though - yippee!

That was a nice stroll around, Mark, and always so many appealing detail things to photograph in such places. I laughed thinking that figure looks like that she has a trowel in her hand - I reckon she's looking out to sea for the return of her seaman husband so he'll help with the gardening ...there's already weeds in those clefts in the rock she weeded the day before

Comment

• PoloUK
                    PoloUK commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hee hee - I like! I've only just spotted that she's trying to protect her modesty with her other hand too. Perhaps a higher cut of collar may have been more appropriate?

Can't think of an appropriate place to put this one, but gosh:

http://vimeo.com/107469289

As if the time lapse wasn't good enough, the gentle movement is hugely clever.
                  Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

WAOW! Capital letters WAOW!

That link and that video in post 206 is absolutely wonderful! The imagery is so fine and the scenery is so stunning. It's well edited and the music is so very suited!
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

It is probably not world news yet, but a possible stone fall of up to 120,000 Cbm. is imminent in Romsdalen: http://www.smp.no/nyheter/article10276263.ece

This being Norway, even the sheeps have been evacuated from the area in danger: http://www.nrk.no/mr/na-blir-ogsa-si...ert-1.12006624

Once it happen, which could be any time from now, it will probably be in the news world wide, especially if it happen in daylight hours, as there are any number of CCTV camera pointed at the area. Here is a link to one of them: http://www.smp.no/nyheter/article10275657.ece

Heavy rain on Tuesday may trigger the avalanche, or it may take weeks, or months.
                      It may be decided to set it off in a controlled manner using explosives, in stead of waiting for the inevitable, however.

Comment

• PoloUK
                        PoloUK commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yup - had been watching that one in the Norwegian press. And yes, at least the BBC hasn't spotted it yet. I should think JBV are busy working out how they rebuild the Raumabanen after most of a mountain lands on it.

• ombugge
                        ombugge commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If somebody manage to get footage of 120,000 Cbm. of stones falling down from 12-11,00 mtr. it is certainly going to get a full world wide coverage.
                        Unless some Hollywood star -or some other "celebrity"- manage to screw up something spectacular of cause. (You have to get your priorities right)

The latest from smp.no: http://www.smp.no/nyheter/article10278395.ece

Comment

There MAY be some news when you all wake up in the morning: http://www.smp.no/nyheter/article10283236.ece

Comment

Working...
                        X