Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Norway - all places without their own thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Norway - all places without their own thread.

The first time on Farstadstrand in wintertime was during this Easter. Here are a few images from Saturday 30. March.

Popular place to recreate, and the parkinglot was filled with cars.
    If we say each car just had two people on board, there shoulod be almost 100 people out there, but the nature is so enormous, that the other people almost disappeared, and it felt like we were alone.

A scene I've photographed before, page two I think, but this time with naked trees

Farstadstrand is an area protected by law to be as is, and everyone visiting should take care in using the recreational area

That farm had some nice colours. Cropped a bit too much off the sky, but I decided to let it pass...

Distant mountains with a communication antenna. Like the antennas shadow...

A system of clouds pass far out in the ocean
    Last edited by Sterkoder; April 2nd, 2013, 07:11.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Never get tired of that mountain. Love this scenery...

On top, as described somewhere before, NATO has placed some sort of "secret" antennaes

RITA sailing south at Hustadvika filled with containers

Oh, there's that mountain again (Stemshesten)

Distant mountains of inner Romsdal and Sunnmøre (in the center of the picture you can see the bay where the sea meets Farstadstrand)

The remainds of seaweed on the beach
      Last edited by Sterkoder; March 31st, 2013, 23:18.

Comment

Farstadstrand in strong head light

One of totally eight eagles seen that day, soaring over the beach at approximately 100 to 150 meters. Zoomed in at 135mm and enlarged on the pc, hence the grainy image

A seagull flying over the waves.

A Eidsvaag-vessel (unsure of which one) sailing south at Hustadvika

Concludes my images from this beautiful place for now, hope you all enjoyed...

Comment

That seems to be a wonderful place to pay a visit.

Comment

Oh, it could be done..., if you let's say was on board a hurtigrute southbound, left the ship in Kristiansund and embarked again in the evening in Molde.
            That way I could be at the quay in Kristiansund with my car, we could drive to Fartstadstrand (some 40-45 minutes from the city), take a photography walk out to the lighthouse and back (approx. 1 to 1,5 hours), and drive to Molde (an hour) to arrive the hurtigrute quay with time to spare.
            In the summertime, this would be quite a tour..., 3.5 hours in total.
            (The hurtigruten depart Kristiansund 17:00 and Molde 21:30, so that mean 4.5 hours to spare).

Comment

Sounds like a great idea!

Comment

Beautiful images from a place I drove past (... my bad...)... I saw the sign, and thought "perhaps next time?".... Bud was the destination that day.

I obviously missed out on something... so, based on your superb images, next time, I won't drive past... !
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Wednesday 19. June, I went on a roadtrip around in Møre and Romsdal county.
                  The main reason was to photograph the 3 large cruiseships arriving Ålesund at the same time in the morning.
                  To be at the right spot early enough, I had to get out of bed at 03:30AM to take the 05:00AM ferry from Molde to Vestnes.

My trip went to Ålesund, Tresfjord, Innfjorden,Åndalsnes and Eresfjord/Eikesdalsvannet, and as the easiest way...., I post all images in this thread.

Tresfjord church from 1828. It can seat 220 people

As you come driveing around a right turn at Farkvam along road E-139, mountain Trollstolen goes 1233 meters straight up

A small hut in the trees at Farkvam

Innfjorden....

...with its majestic mountains

At Åndalsnes, MSC MAGNIFICA arrived Wednesday 19. June making it possible for me to get four large ones in one stroke...

Comment

At the quay in Åndalsnes, they had built a temporary souvenir shop

MSC MAGNIFICA turned around to dock stern in

Making the gangway ready

In Åndalsnes laied the old RS SOLLI (1908)

Comment

At Åndalsnes train station was one of NSBs five Di.4 locomotives making ready for departure. NSB got five of these from Heinschel in 1980, numbered 4651 to 4655.

Conversation on the platform before leaving

The more modern train ready for Dombås

This is the way they connect these days

Beautiful old NSB watch on the wall of the station building

Station area

Comment

The harbour authorities had a boat to pick up the ropes from MSC MAGNIFICA

And since last year, they also got a new office...., on wheels...

Hotel at sea

Isfjorden in the distance

Comment

Detail from houses at the dock in Åndalsnes

Yes, I thought so too; where are the people?? But the ship had just arrived and as for the locals, it was a working day, so...

Time to say goodbye for now to Åndalsnes and set course Eresfjord.
                          I drove via Åfarnes and Vistdal, and as I came down from the 500 meters high Vistdalsheia, mountain Goksøyra stood 1337 meters tall, and we see Eikesdalsvannet to the right.

Goksøyra mountain (looks far, far more impressive in real life! )

The road to Øverås, where ferry MARDØLA left for Eikesdal in the old times went alongside river Eira.
                          Someone was thirsty on the other side

Eira with Goksøyra in the background
                          Last edited by Sterkoder; June 30th, 2013, 10:28.

Comment

The water in Eira was so crystal clear I could not belive it...

An old stone fence in the Eikesdalsvannet

Near the old wooden bridge at Osen over to Øverås was this forest with the most fantastic light inside

At Øverås were the old ferry quay. There might be a ferry/boat sailing in the tourist season, but I don't know that)

Goksøyra mountain seen from the ferry quay at Øverås

Today there are a 2 mile road with tunnels alongside the water to Eikesdal, but I have to find time another day to go there

Comment

Driving back home via Eresfjord, I could not stop to be amazed by how crystal clear the water of river Eira were. I mean, there was NOTHING in it, not a single grain of dust...., only pure clear water!
                              (The depth over those stones in the lower part of the image is 30-40 centimeters, belive it or not)

I'm going back there, for sure

This concludes my pictures from my 19. June roundtrip of 448 kilometers starting 03:30AM ending 08:30PM.
                              I'm sorry it took 10 days before any images appeared on CVF, but with loads like that, editing takes time.

Hope you enjoyed
                              Last edited by Sterkoder; June 29th, 2013, 16:14.

Comment

On my way to Røros, I passed through Oppdal

After a short drive north on road E-6, I turned onto road 3 at Ulsberg to go to Tynset. Before Tynset was a place called Kvikne.
                                Here's an old melting oven for melting copper, and this particular one was in use from 1659 and a few years onward. Think about it... 1659.

Inside the melting oven

Close to the oven is river Orkla

After Kvikne I drove into Tynset, to look at the worlds largest 'spark', a norwegian device used on icy roads during winter

And before Røros, I drove through Tolga. here's the 'famous' old Tolga bridge, said to be from 1859

Comment

Working...
                                X