Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterkoder
    started a topic Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

On this sunny Sunday afternoon here in Kristiansund, I decided to do something I have never done before, despite we've lived in our house at Bjerkestrand for 16 years.
    I took my camera and walked down to the fjord a kilometer from my house.
    What follow now are 47 images from my walk at Bjerkestrand, down to Viken Gård. (Gård = Farm).
    Viken was a farm built in 1880, so there were also some old bildings to picture.
    In 1987 our municipality bought the farm and area around and made it into a public area.

Here's the farm as it will appear from the road into the area

The main building

The building containing a carpentery

On the south wall there was an old birdbox. Thought it looked great, specially with that shadow

The path down to the farm boathouse (rebuilt in the 1990s)

The main building looks like this from that path

An old boat earthbound for eternity, with the boathouse in the back.

The seaside of the boathouse. Today the municipality stores canoes and kayaks for the public or school classes to lend.
    Last edited by Sterkoder; October 10th, 2010, 22:51.

• ombugge
    replied
    The two ships seen in 330/2 are rather interesting. The big red one belongs to Norilsk Nickle's Arctic Express fleet and is specially built for the Arctic. Here is a video about the ship that explains it all:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvd_Bi8mROs

The other one that is deep in the water but carries no cargo belongs to NYK's Project Cargo and Heavy Lift fleet: https://www.nyk.com/english/release/788/NE_101202.html
    Not sure which one of the two this is, but here is a video of Yamatai entering or leaving port somewhere: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDQWAUegj3s
    I'm pretty sure I have posted a picture of one of them from Singapore earlier.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    Remember the coffee and ice cream on the terrace there, Cecilia? :-) ....
    Oh yes and of course! Our great CVF meet-up on "Stone Seagull Day"
    I’m so delighted you managed to take these beautiful scenes in the very different winter snow, despite the battery challenges.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Mostly cargo ships, and the last three larger ones are regular cargo ships for dry cargo to and from the aluminium plant at Sunndalsøra.

The Freifjorden 1 Anchorage is also a place use for cargo ships on hold to get to and from in example Orkanger, or other places.
    It is also used for anchoring tankers to wait out bad weather at the oil fields, before they can take loads of oil on board.
    Last edited by Sterkoder; March 12th, 2019, 09:29.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, DS Lyngen :-)
    Well, it might be more pictures from altitude, but I find it rather time consuming, specially in cold weather, to put the drone in action.
    So I guess it will be a spring and summer activity. The battery in my iPhone is hopeless in low temperatures, then there are two more batteries, one in the drone control (where the iPhone is the flight screen) and one battery in the drone itself. Too much charging of batteries to my liking.

• DS Lyngen
    commented on 's reply
    Great to see your photos from your drone, Svein
    Expect that there will be many more photos from the bird's perspective forward from your part of the country.

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    Well, you should. There are many more pictures you know, not only from me :-D ;-) Have a great Sunday still :-)
    Last edited by Sterkoder; March 10th, 2019, 23:25.

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    I don't travel much in this corner of the forum that you mentioned, except the spotters thread.

• wherrygirl
    replied
    What are these ships, Svein, particularly the last three (I can't see the others too clearly) ?.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Special treat for 'janihudi' this Sunday, calling for pictures and mentioning of the Freifjorden ship lane and Freifjorden 1 Anchorage

There are several posts with text and pictures, in 'Ship and Maritime spotters' thread, 'Walking Bjerkestrand' thread, 'Norway - places without their own thread' thread and I'm sure a couple of more threads.
    Here are just a handful of pictures from all the threads, enjoy:

​​​​​​37693948971_8d339d04a8_h by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​37966202452_f79103548c_h by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSL22840_zpsdfeelxgn by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSL22838_zpseahkpsyx by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSLP0478_zpse4673977 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP6173 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP6160 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    There are pictures from both this fjord with ships on their way to and from Sunndalsøra (Hydro Aluminium), and at anchor at the Freifjorden 1 Anchorage.
    But they are not in one designated thread, they are spread around.
    Just brew yourself a few cups of coffee and start looking around ;-)

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    So close near a ship lane and can't remember that i see a image off one sailing by or mentioned.

Found your house on GE too, 1 or 2 years back.
    Great place to live there.

• pakarang
    replied
    So great to hear that you used your drone and got some great pictures.

I haven't had the problem with my batteries (drone or phone), even when flying in -12 degrees. There is a shorter time available yes, but I never take off with less than full battery.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    The stupid thing with drone- and iPhone batteries, is that they don't stand cold weather at all.
    Thought I would try my drone again today, but after three minutes, my iPhone was down to 1% battery and after taking five pictures, I got the low battery alarm on the drone.
    To fly a drone will be a summer activity, I belive.

Anyway, the pilot lives in the yellow house there, with the red Toyota spotter-mobile outside
    Remember the coffee and ice cream on the terrace there, Cecilia? :-)
    The fjord you see there in the background is the only way in and out of Sunndalsøra for larger ships, so as you see I live close to the ship lane, and Freifjorden 1 Anchorage
    ​​​​​​4E64A8DB948F0759B267FF950CD19E42 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​A6EF63F7D618C6BC0E54B4B487657ACF by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Nice image and composition of the dock houses: the image takes me back to warmer summer memories from the small-boats harbour at Sundalsøra.

My aunt and uncle had one of those big wooden boats (not fishing, but pleasure craft). They used to spend their winters down by these docks getting the boat ready for summer, all throughout the winter.

I have always wondered what happened to the boat, after they had to sell it onwards. It was so extremely well kept. GUNN KARIN was the name of the boat, as far as I remember.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X