Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralf__
    replied
    I hope there is any tiny little detail left around Bjerkestrand / Kristiansund i am able to explore for myself! Stay tuned maybe there will be a surprising new view. Veery difficult task, however.

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied
    Yeah, now this reminds me a lot of our old family photo albums from the 40-50-60's in some way. Nordic houses and agricultural views in a mix of degradation. Pretty nostalgic actually!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    I guess this boat has done its work

Fantastic area down here by this farm.

Decorative stones by the sea

Guess it will be a boat moored here in the summer months

Some nice colours on this farms barn

We usually buy Primula flowers at the florist, but here they grow in nature :-)

Final picture from my camera tonight, a nice little house, on the countryside. The only thing is, I stand on the main road around the island Frei, only 3 meters from the wall...

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    From this farm, there are a certain view

On our way down to the old Viken farm, a horse

The view from old Viken farm

Over a small hill beyond Viken farm

On that farm is an old carpentry

And of course a farm mill

Above the farm, someone I know is building a new house. Not exactly in conformity with nature and terrain...
    Last edited by Sterkoder; May 4th, 2015, 07:10.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    While in the area, there was a few pictures shot. After this years Nordic Light festival, and a meeting with the vietnameese photographer Mai Loc, I was inspired to try more b&w

With a mix of colours, of course

Walking up from the seaside, we passed the old Atlas owned by the son of the old farmers

And we walked our way over to Viken farm. This has not had the taste of salt water for decades

There are five old farms on a row here, only one operational. This is the barn to one of the not operational farms

But it is still maintained by the late owners relatives

They also have a restored farm saw here

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Another week, another walk with my Pentax. Starting in the neighbourhood of my home, down by the sea

The main farm house, eaten away by time...

You can have it in colour, if you want to...

On our way to the sea, we passed these trees

And finally, by the sea, this is the view

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Thanks, my friend :-)
    Should have been four (perhaps) and most certainly wet. Don't know why, but that's the image I have in my head :-)

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Thumbs up on the three stacked rocks! That would be an awesome center piece in a stairwell!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    I've taken so many pictures down here of the view and all, so I thought I'd rather experiment a little now..., just like photographer Mike Browne urges us to do in all his videos at www.photographycourses.biz

The stones should be wet, but I did not want to make patterns on the dry wooden table just this time

Then I set my camera to shoot continuous shots, and told my daughter to throw stones in the water. Just for the pure pleasure of it... :-D

And one last one in b/w

Many people enjoyed themselves outdoors this Sunday, and the family in the picture (barely visible in a distance) there had fired up one of the stationary grills and all. What a day :-)

Well, thanks for watching folks! :-)

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    We had beautiful weather here Sunday, and we desided to walk down to Viken farm. My daughter and I brought our cameras..., just in case (haha)

The first image was a sign of spring :-)

A sight you've seen before..., Viken farm to the left and the snowy mountains of island Tustna in a distance

On a table outside the farmhouse..., a rusty doorlock and handles

After a while, we came down to the boathouse

And our dog, Camilla, found a piece of wood to shew on :-)

It's rather peaceful to sit and just look out on the fjord, waiting for summer and warmer days

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Love the top part of that house: some sort of a winter garden. Must be a great place to watch the weather pass by.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Anyway..., near Frei church, behind that brown house in #292/5, is a most beautiful house or should I say houses.
    There's the summer house of the richest man in Norway in the mid- to late 1800s, a Kristiansund man called Nicholay Knudtzon. The Government once came to him to ask him if he could lend them money. That's how rich he was, by those days standards.

I went out with my Pentax to capture his now restored buildings, used as a place for representation, lectures, exhibitions and such, owned by our local bank.

Here we go (Yes, I know about the highlight):

The interior of the entire main building, is restored as if Mr. Knudtzon just left the house for a few minutes. I mean, the beds are done, pictures on the wall and everything :-)

In the old days the main entrance was to the south, btween two lion sculptures. Now, cars are driveing in through a east gate. The text beneath the lion say J. C. Bolinder Stockholm

Leave a comment:

• nari
    commented on 's reply
    Do you mean "noise" for those pixel lines? I often edit out "noise" too readily and as a result the photo looks flat -loses dimension.

• Sterkoder
    replied
    I enclose a "hard edited" picture here, a very bad example though. But you can see what I mean by "pixel lines" or pixels in the squalls there, in the darkness of the snowshowers.
    Don't know the correct name of those lines/dots/pixels :-)

In the question of RAW or not, I will be a hard nut to crack.
    My view on RAW is similar to what they said about megapixels years ago. "The more megapixels you had, the better photographer you were". Of course it's not like that.
    Now everyone (not only you guys) say I should photograph in RAW, because my pictures will be much better.

Well, I disagree.
    I belive strongly in the fact that the most important tool to a photographer is the eye. Secondly, a picture is made in the camera...., so I must understand my camera and its settings as much as I can, and so compose my picture in the frame before I press the shutter button.
    A digital picture need adjustment, if nothing else, sharpening...., so I try to take my pictures with one goal in mind; to edit as little as possible afterward.

That's why I personally has never felt the need for neither PS nor LR...., yet.

If I will never photograph in RAW?? Can't say. There might come a day, but until then, JPEG is the setting in my Pentax.

The determination of the WB on scene, is in a Pentax K-5 II done by clicking 'WB' and the different WB-settings for the last picture taken can be seen.
    I can not change the WB in a picture taken, but I can delete a bad one and take another of the same object. A cameras "brain" belive strongly that the world is mid gray, and if I have white clouds, a bright white wall, a light area of water, persons with light to white clothes...., and I have WB on 'Auto'..., I don't have a clue as to which white the camera is useing when I take the picture.
    I'm sorry if I explained myself so that you thought I can set WB to a specific spot in my image. Of course it's not so :-)

It would've been much easier if we had our cameras and sat in the same room guys, wouldn't it? Over a cup of coffee, or something else, it would be a very interesting and educational meeting :-)

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    Great photos Svein.

I particularly like the way that they're so atmospheric. The two in 293 really carry a little menace as the snow clouds seem to come out of the picture towards you. The dark line on the water seems to move as you look at it.

The iPhone ones have worked well too. The range of lights from the very dark to the very light is very appealing - 295/1 is probably my favourite.

Re RAW vs anything else - I've never regretted spending £70 on Lightroom - it works really well for me - especially with the hints and tips that Tommi gave me when I was considering the move! Yes, the RAW files are very big, but disk space is relatively cheap these days. Compared to the DTP and Photoshop work I do for other things, the cost of storage of the RAWs isn't a problem.

But of course we all have different views and different opinions - and the reality is that you're producing some stunning photography!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X