Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pakarang
    replied
    So great to hear that you used your drone and got some great pictures.

I haven't had the problem with my batteries (drone or phone), even when flying in -12 degrees. There is a shorter time available yes, but I never take off with less than full battery.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    The stupid thing with drone- and iPhone batteries, is that they don't stand cold weather at all.
    Thought I would try my drone again today, but after three minutes, my iPhone was down to 1% battery and after taking five pictures, I got the low battery alarm on the drone.
    To fly a drone will be a summer activity, I belive.

Anyway, the pilot lives in the yellow house there, with the red Toyota spotter-mobile outside
    Remember the coffee and ice cream on the terrace there, Cecilia? :-)
    The fjord you see there in the background is the only way in and out of Sunndalsøra for larger ships, so as you see I live close to the ship lane, and Freifjorden 1 Anchorage
    ​​​​​​4E64A8DB948F0759B267FF950CD19E42 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​A6EF63F7D618C6BC0E54B4B487657ACF by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Nice image and composition of the dock houses: the image takes me back to warmer summer memories from the small-boats harbour at Sundalsøra.

My aunt and uncle had one of those big wooden boats (not fishing, but pleasure craft). They used to spend their winters down by these docks getting the boat ready for summer, all throughout the winter.

I have always wondered what happened to the boat, after they had to sell it onwards. It was so extremely well kept. GUNN KARIN was the name of the boat, as far as I remember.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    A row of boat houses at Freistranda beach
    ​​​​​​IMGP0858 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    commented on 's reply
    Great to see at different time of the year, and lovely memories for me Svein

• nari
    commented on 's reply
    Great photos, Svein. Hopefully by 1620 tomorrow I will be back in Norway and on the Lofoten once more....

• yvneac
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe the snow have disturbed your walk but the result are great pictures. It's Worth it!

• Sterkoder
    replied
    The framework for a big lavvo tent
    SSL24721 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Cargo vessel NYSTEIN heading for Aure, a small municipality north-east of Kristiansund
    SSL24722 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    It's time walking Bjerkestrand again.
    Today, I dressed for cold weather, put on my military M77 boots, but forgot my crampons...., and so I slipped on the ice. Me and the camera fell kind of hard on the path, but I'm still hole and ok.
    The Pentax is built like a Sherman tank from WW2, so even if it was first to hit ground, all the pictures here are taken with the robust Pentax. Lucky me.

SSL24703 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Cecilia has been here, so she know exactly where this is
    ​​​​​​SSL24706 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSL24709 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Must have been quite relaxing to be in a boat on the fjord today.
    ​​​​​​SSL24710 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSL24714 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The old Viken farm
    SSL24717 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Sunshine make nice colors on the rocks closest to the camera..., I think
    SSL24718 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Sun behind the trunk
    SSL24720 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Walked in my neighbourhood in pouring rain today. But as long as I got a weathersealed Pentax, rain is no problem.
    Just a few hundred meters from my home we have a few boathouses, and one real old one made of timber placed on rocks.
    SSL24124-1507999258743 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL24127-1507999382599 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

That waterwheel once drove a farm saw. This picture is taken without a tri-pod, handheld on f/6.3, shutter 1/3 seconds and ISO100
    SSL24134-1507999446853 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

M/S Saba on her way from Orkanger to Sunndalsøra
    SSL24138-1507999447476 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    About those "ice scoops" or as they are, hay bale (as Google translate 'høyball'):
    When the farmers wrapped the hay in white plastic, it was only that..., plastic, costing money.
    Then the company selling it got an idea: why not colour the plastic and give some of the income to research on cancer? So now a prosentage of the sale of plastic wrapping goes to cancer research, pink indicates the farmer support research on women breast cancer and blue that they support research on mens protaste cancer.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Oh yes, be sure I do, Sigve! :-) I'm drewling over it, but there are still too few options in lenses. Canon- and Nikon-people are blind to Richo-Pentax (of course), but one gets very good value for the money when buying a K-1.
    I worked in the oilbusiness before, and since May I've been on the unemployment list of NAV, so my finances are limited at the moment.
    Therefore a K-1 is not a first priority of what I can use money on here ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Sigve
    replied
    Know this one?

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Insert a whole lot of smiling and laughing faces here.

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    That started already last year in Sweden. Here we have them to collect money to fight some cancer type that only affects women. This year I've also seen blue ones, I guess that's for us men then...
Working...
X