Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterkoder
    replied
    There are also a lot of juniper down by the beach

And close by was a pine cone still on the tree

And finally, the last two speaks for themselves, and I left them in colour because I thought that did it this time. Aren't this beautiful?? I haven't thouched nothing, only got down on my knees and took the shots...

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    I don't feel like commenting on all the images here, as you all see what it is..., I guess.
    There are no secret that I find the low tide more beautiful than the high tide down here

Look at this! Isn't it beautiful?? I didn't arrange anything..., I just pointed my lense and pressed the shutterbutton down. Nature itself can be more fantastic than anything!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    After sweating over my new laptop for a couple of hours, I had to take a break and walked down to Viken farm again. More macro and b/w this time.

Here's another farm on the way between my home and Viken

Leafs on a poping roe tree

Three pine cones

The carpenters house down at the Viken farm
    Last edited by Sterkoder; May 4th, 2011, 07:27.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Fantastic nice pictures from a lovely spring weather in Kristiansund, Sterkoder
    We here in the north will have to wait a little longer before it start to turn green in the hills.

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Originally posted by Seagull View Post
    Oh, better keep quiet about that or our Ivy will want you in down in England for her garden patch!
    What our Ivy wants to know is why she hasn't found this thread before. Svein, it is superb. I started at the beginning and began to note down some special favourites but gave up almost immediately - it was impossible. What I enjoy and admire very much is your attention to detail and also the way you use the portrait format quite often as I particularly like that myself.
    Originally posted by pakarang View Post
    Keep this up and you'll be a master in no time!
    Oh, Jan-Olav, the mastership is already there.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    See…I can be a proper lady when I try…not a single word in this post about bathing-related matters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hahahahahahaha.... Thank you, My Lady!, and I'll let you all in on a little secret:
    All these images from 24th April are actually taken with my old FujiFilm FinePix S-1500.
    I kind of thought about it before leaving home, as I knew what to expect...., that I would've been changing lenses for every 10 meters.
    This might mean I just have to practice more to learn where a motif will be in the range of my lenses.
    With my Fuji I don't have to think about that, with a 30-300mm standard lence with super-macro.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Oh Sterkoder…I’m just catching up here after being without internet, and what a treat to come back to. That “birch on its way to blossom” image absolutely shouts Spring! So do the colours of the view called “Beautiful colours and stuff show up during low tide” at end of #54 and “Freifjorden and the mountains of Tustna/Aure” in the following post, and such good compositions too. I got very excited about these vast expanses of exposed rock! And thanks for the seagulls (both feathered and stone!).

As well as admiring these stunning views, Pakarang has mentioned “details” and Janihudi that “you're more and more a macro photographer” and I vey much agree. I am even starting to think “Sterkoder” every time I see some interesting pattern in lichen or stone close up, and that “display shell” is my most-looked-at image on CVF this morning.

(See…I can be a proper lady when I try…not a single word in this post about bathing-related matters!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Hahahahaha....., the water was half an inch cold
    (Or as we say in norwegian: He went out in the water like a man, and came up with a "stabel sprengskiver" (stack of spring washers) ).

As for the image of me coming out of the water, sure...., that's an image you don't want to see. Correct...

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    Today, 24th April, we had a great day here, and this was the day Big S took off all his clothes and swam out in the fjord in just his underwear....
    swimming now? al the snow wassn't gone yet.
    howmuch inches cold was the water?
    (okay maybe you have to be dutch to understand this question)

(That is an image you'll never see though,)
    but do we want to see that

Don't this look like a chicken running away from something? I think so...
    it looks like she is running away for a apple falls out of a tree.

great images Svein,you're more and more a macro photografer.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Thank you, my friend!
    Those words coming from you, makes it just so much more inspireing to continue this "photography-thing".

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    The heart and the seagull in the stone(s) are brilliant spots.

These images really makes me so happy, and I suspect you as well... because they signify the season which is just about to break out in full blossom: SPRING and SUMMER!

You do certainly have an acquired eye of details and it's becoming really evident in these new images. Keep this up and you'll be a master in no time!

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Don't this look like a chicken running away from something? I think so...
    Makes me think of those small microbes that you see in a microscope...

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Almost back to start, where my family walked out in the sea.
    It's so nice down there by the beach.

"My" fjord, Freifjorden..., seen here inward towards south, with Reinsfjell at 924 meters in the background

Hope you've enjoyed Bjerkestrand together with me.
    Later I will hopefully return with some interesting pictures and info about a viking settlement, as the viking king Haakon Den Gode had his home (Kongsgård) down by the Viken farm a bit closer to my home, almost by the old boathouses and the breakwater you've seen before in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    No need for comments, I belive...

The Viken farm boathouse

View of low tide to the east

Viken farm at springtime

Hvitveis (english: anemones?)
    Last edited by Sterkoder; April 25th, 2011, 01:44.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    When I first saw this little rock, it looked like the mask from the horror movies 'Screem', but now I don't know...

View out Freifjorden and the mountains of Tustna/Aure in the distance

Seagulls on a rock soon to be flooded by rising tide

Very common here, small tops of sand made by beach worms

A beach worms piece of art (actually shit)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X