Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Re: Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Thanks for inspirational comments!!!

Today, we walked down to a place in the opposite direction from my home than Viken farm, but still in walking distance.
    It's a nice beach down there made of rolling stones (yeah, I know..., and can make just as many jokes as anybody).
    The thing is, a local farmer have some oxes down there, so we didn't get to go so far.
    We turned around near the old abandoned farm building, and as you know..., I can't be close to a building like that without a camera.

This farm house has been abandoned for over 40 years and more

Then came the cows running
    Last edited by Sterkoder; July 2nd, 2011, 22:01.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied

I post number 81.... those are some beautiful shots: both with and without color!

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Now here’s something worth dragging myself away from Hurtigruten - minute by minute for! Great photos of that wooden pier Sterkoder…I specially liked the viewpoint of third image and the placing of the lifebelt where it is in the frame…well a vertical “portrait” one again – you always seem to have a natural skill for that composition format. And there at the end is what I now think of as a classic Sterkoder shore and rust motif – marvellous.

Such a lovely view of Frei church too.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Out in the fjord passed "Artic Fjord" our site on her way outbound Freifjorden

And turning left with my camera from that shipshot, there was the Frei church and Rastarkalv, where there was a great viking battle in year 955.

An old boat house beneath the church

Just on the side of the quay is an old private slipway, with a rusty trolly which I suspect haven't been used for years.
    Lately, since my beach images from Viken farm, I've discovered I enjoy rust and low tide very much when it comes to photography

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Remember the wooden quay/pier in the first image of post #50....?

Tonight, or rather evening, I 'attacked' that quay with my old FujiFilm Finepix S-1500.
    My daughters class had a b-b-q party at the beach for the class and parents, sisters and brothers as a final gathering at the end of this year at school.
    The evening sun was bright, so I shot a few images there, even if it's not exactly Bjerkestrand. Some in colour, some in b/w. Enjoy!!!

Last edited by Sterkoder; June 17th, 2011, 07:28.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    ... and I didn't even see that these were in fact LILACS! Shame on me!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Couldn't resist taking their picture. So beautiful in the light left by a set sun...
    And you know, we have three such trees in a line just outside our estate, and the smell of the lilac when opening the balcony door is undescribable
    SPRING!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    So you have also been photographing lilac, Svein! - just as I was in my 366 thread!
    There in a reply to pakarang I mentioned the song Dofta, dofta vit siren to words of a poem of Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson. I know of several composers’ songs to the same text!

Anyway, I mention this here rather on my thread because you photographed WHITE lilac!

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    Tonight, I mowed my lawn for the first time this year...., and since I bathed and swimmed in the fjord 24th April, I guess the summer is officially opened.
    In a break, I got my camera out and tried the 90mm macro lense...., but I have a lot to learn.
    The sun had set about 30 minutes before taking the pictures, did not use my tripod and the motifs moved a bit in a gentle breeze.
    They smell very good, called Syriner in norwegian and I belive they are called Lilacs in english(?)
    I think it's two nice images to look at after 6 month with winter and snow, the longest winter I've experienced since my childhood.

Both great shots... especially the second one! Ahhh.... summer is here! Thank goodness... we both survived!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Tonight, I mowed my lawn for the first time this year...., and since I bathed and swimmed in the fjord 24th April, I guess the summer is officially opened.
    In a break, I got my camera out and tried the 90mm macro lense...., but I have a lot to learn.
    The sun had set about 30 minutes before taking the pictures, did not use my tripod and the motifs moved a bit in a gentle breeze.
    They smell very good, called Syriner in norwegian and I belive they are called Lilacs in english(?)
    I think it's two nice images to look at after 6 month with winter and snow, the longest winter I've experienced since my childhood.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    And the old camera works like a dream, it seems
    Yes...., for some reason I find it easier to bring along a camera with a wide range in the lense and super-macro than a huge bag with three lenses and other stuff just on this walk...
    Thank you for making a comment!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Aaaah, wonderful nice pictures from your walk, Sterkoder
    Very good
    And the old camera works like a dream, it seems

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Thank you!!!
    Yes, I very much like the images #70-3 and 70-4. I'm particularly satisfied with 70-4, as it has a beautiful light and tone to it....

(The old FujiFilm Finepix S1500 can still do the job).

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Absolutely wonderful S!

This is what I have been trying to say to you so many times: looking at these new images, there is no doubt in my mind that you have a great talent!

Have a look at image 70-3... beautiful! Very well composed and great overall sharpness!

70-4 is also very well done... these are the kinds of images which would sell good in an apartment or a modern flat, with a maritime twist.

And the image from Viken farm, the old carpenter's house: you have captured it in a very mystical and intriguing way. I love the color of the photograph. To me, it works very well!

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    …just LOOK at those pine cones!!!!! Such a blend of colour and textures…and allow me to drool over the pink feldspar crystals for a moment won’t you!
    (hope E will read that….wow….the seagull-acceptable face of pink!!!!)

Oh and just look at the shore at low tide….and those fantastic images of the limpets and barnacles.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X