Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Re: Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Rowan berries is beautiful in late evening sunshine

Looking up towards my home from the farm, the fields are green and light is relaxing (in lack of a better word)

Down by the rest area near the shore below the farm, was this small pond in the road

Pinecones and rowan berries in sunshine

Then it was time for some low tide photography again

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

A trip down to Viken farm again yesterday, to try out my Pentax 50-200 mm as macro, and the actual macro, the Tamron 90 mm f/2.8.
    The following images might look like something you've seen in this post before, just so the warning is out...

I walked through the forest, and this is an image about 150 meters from my home

Suddenly got aware of a shadow on a tree trunk

Rowan berries (correct?) on a distance

Wanted to do this in b/w. Wonder if this is what you english speaking members here call willow...?

Rowan berries again, down by the farm

The end of a dandelion by the gravel road

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied

I saw a lot of marshmallows farms in Sweden as well...

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    replied

Don't feel lonely, i am quite often in here. The problem is, that i am logged off after several inactive minutes. This is rather new, i mentioned it in another thread, but others did not seem to have that problem. But since that time i am noticing the same effect: Only me is writing and a lot of guests are stalking me....

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Sitting here "all by my lonesome" wondering where everybody went. Or at least it feels like it, as whenever I log on CVF, 'Sterkoder' is the only name coming up together with guests.
    And where's the captain? Has he abandoned ship...?
    Ok, it must be the result of summer

Anyway, no one has bigger marshmellows than us here at Bjerkestrand (mohahahaha)
    Last edited by Sterkoder; July 20th, 2011, 15:04.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

In post #8, Cecilia wrote the following:
    You found a quartz seagull especially for me, Svein! It’s a special place . That settles it. Next year I have to get to Kristiansund and (as well as a ship spotter place or two!) take a photo walk and find that rock.
    Then take a look at picture nr. 1 of post #91....
    (Talk about fullfilling goals!!!)

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

I enjoyed that meal so much, such history in the surroundings, a perfect opportunity to enjoy the most typical and delicious local dish, and in the best company. Big THANK YOU from me Svein

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
    What a nice tree trunk! I also like that seegrass. Looking forward to see more!
    So happy you liked it, Tommi!
    If you want to see more, we both must wait for our Lady C to post her images, because I didn't take that many down at that farm this time.

Just home from a great dinner at SMIA Restaurant now with Cecilia. We both had 'Bacalao de Kristiansund', a good signature dish of that place.
    SMIA was the working place for a smed (smith) so the interior is very, how shall I put it..., pittoresque. There were many relics left from the smiths time used as interior.

And Cecilia, my friend..., THANK YOU for the bacalao...., if I ever forgot to say so when saying goodbye!!!

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied

What a nice tree trunk! I also like that seegrass. Looking forward to see more!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

For you who have followed this thread a while, you might have seen a special pictogram on the rocks down by the fjord near Viken farm, the white seagull.
    Therefore, I had to bring 'Seagull' to this spot, as her trip would not be complete.
    So, here's my image of our 'Seagull' taking picture of the stone seagull...

Then we walked along the seaside, and suddenly I spottet a rock reminding me of a planet. Then I started to think about the space shuttle "Atlantis" being up there among the stars for the very last time, one thought cought the other...., and you know me; I just had to take this stones picture

A drying out pond with bright green seagrass. First I took a picture straight ahead, making this green pond run vertical in the frame. Not interesting at all.
    Then I remembered what photographer Tom Ang of Singapore told me (via tv), to try and move around if possible to make maximum out of a motif.
    Well, I moved about 50-80 centimeters to the left, and I belive the green running diagonally makes this image more interesting at once...

Then finally, before driving the few meters up to my house from Viken farm, I found these fungus on an old cut down treetrunk.

Now we all have to wait for 'Seagull's images from her visit. I'm so excited!
    (Must get ready now, because I'm meeting my guest for dinner tonight. Think I'll go for the good classic Kristiansund bacalao, but we'll see).

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    That was itself inspirational to me Sterkoder.
    There is so much to see, the shapes, the colours of the moss and the sap, and the fresh green leaves and fruit also. The image I like the most is the one with the rope…not only because of the composition and colour, or the interest of how the tree developed as a result of that constraining rope when it no longer needed its support, but because there is that extra something about that image which to me tells the whole story of that tree and its relationship with people…it makes the tree seem like a person.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

A little old torn off twig

And here's the sap. Nice colours in the evening sun...

Some moss on a branch. Oh yes, this is an old tree. I belive it was planted here in 1974.

Something to look forward to when the fall comes

Had to use my blitz on this one

Hope you all enjoyed my little 20 meters in total walk today
    Last edited by Sterkoder; July 3rd, 2011, 00:10.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Today I cut my three hedges and mowed my lawn.
    Thereafter, I did a walk at Bjerkestrand again, but not far this time, only about 10 meters or so.

I have struggled with inspiration lately, not much, but a little.
    Photographer Tom Ang of Singapore once said something I suddenly remembered: -"Feeling uninspired?? You will be surprised at what you can find simply by observing".
    Therefore I decided to take a closer look at my plum tree, and not only look at it from a distance and see it as a tree, but rather observe it. That's when I discovered the low/moss and all the other small details...

So, I simply grabbed my camera and took some images from "inside" my plum tree

Well, here's the result...., and remember, the tree is very old and was here looooong before we bought this house. That's why it's full of moss/low and is sweating sap (on that image with the stuff on the branch looking like syrup)

A junction of branches

The former owner of my house must have put a rope around the trunk of the plum tree, to support it when the tree was much younger and an easy target for strong winds

Just a branch connecting to a trunk

Low is beautiful in its way

"Inside" the tree
    Last edited by Sterkoder; July 4th, 2011, 14:02.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied

A very spooky looking building: especially the one picture showing the close up of the window. Almost as if we expect someone to peak back atyou as you take the photo.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

And finally, a picture of our new puppy dog Camilla, who came along
    Last edited by Sterkoder; June 19th, 2011, 14:25.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X