Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seagull
    replied
    What a start to your walk Sterkoder! You must have felt so pleased you’d decided to go out the moment you saw that leaf. Amazing colour. But yes, that “whatever it’s called” in the second photo is lovely too and I found the sort of diagonally crossing lines in the composition very satisfying.

I couldn’t make my mind up about #118/4 of the “three seasons”…maybe I’d have focussed on the tree…but to be honest if I’d been there I’d most likely have not been able to decide. So in trying to do several with different things in focus I’d probably have missed the boat so to speak!!!

The next image of the leaf and the bark of the tree is it as far as I’m concerned…your absolute image of autumn. …(and how appropriate that as a favourite it should be located near the stone seagull )

The shore in #119/1 takes me back to being there –and always a special subject for you. I can hear those small waves, and the light reflected in that pool bottom left completes the picture.

See, I knew that sailboat’s moment would come if I decided not to focus on it earlier. The panorama with Aspøya is simple and rather emotional.

The tussocks reminded me of Dougal, the shaggy dog in the 1970’s TV animation series “The Magic Roundabout”. Goodness, I haven’t thought about that for ages!!!!!!

In #120 I liked the first one because the chair has the same sort of general shape as the branches strewn on the grassy shore. Oh and I do like that tyre….it has formed it’s very own “rock pool”…or should I say “rubber pool”! Yes, tilted version of the beer can! (I won’t comment on the variety .
    Hello there…I thought there would be a guest appearance somewhere…sturdy looking look-out-pole I’ve got there!

Haha…pakarang was quick in there with the beer can comment!

The twisted branch in post #122 is almost slightly scary, like a creature or perhaps a giant stick insect, an excellent image in every respect.
    And I am absolutely intrigued by that concrete…it is indeed art.

The little dinghy is charmingly captured in your photo. Actually it reminds me of my childhood too, but that was a large and similarly shaped basket my grandmother used for collecting and carrying washing from the clothes line …I used to spend hours curled up in it pretending it was a boat, tucked up under a blanket and waterproof, and having with me my most precious belongings.

Photographically that thorny wild rose branch, #123/1, is an absolute winner. For the first time, I start to put it with other images as if at an exhibition, something I so often do with pakarangs. It goes alongside #118/5 of the leaf and the bark.

Thank you for the walk… oh I can hear the squelch as I step though the rain-soaked moss of that last image!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Re: Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Sterkoder!

This is NOT a proper tour snack....!
    I know, I usually drink coffee from a steel thermos when on 'safari'
    Besides, this tincan came with the sea current, remember?
    (I'm not a big fan of norwegian beer, so for me it would be better had it been a Tuborg)
    Last edited by Sterkoder; October 23rd, 2011, 02:24.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Thank you so much for comments!
    I was very curious as to how many of my 66 images from todays walk would be blury.
    Never did a hole series in ISO 1600 before and since my tripod was missing, the images could be anything.
    Turned out ok though, and I only deleted three.
    I see a certain improvement from previous years, and I'm happy with that...
    Funny thing with that concret picture; concrete can be both hard and "soft".
    Last edited by Sterkoder; October 22nd, 2011, 21:36.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Just when I have to go, I’ve just seen there’s a new walk in this thread…..I’ll be back Sterkoder to give this the attention it deserves…

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied

This is good sterkoder, really good. You have the talent to keeping it very interesting, nevertheless that we are looking at old beer cans or tyres, it's still very appealing. That rowanberry was funny, a great finding!

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    This is not the branch of a rose tree, but a rosehip bush

I simply love the simplicity and the look of this photo: this is working very well in my eyes! Well done, and well spotted Sterkoder!

I'm really glad you took this walk, and that it turned out to be worth it. From the images, I can clearly see it was a good walk, and you got great shots... and best of all, it's really healthy!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Final picture before the rain came pouring down

Hope you enjoyed my walk on this boring day, which came out totally different. Photography get me in a good mood!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

This is the branch of a wild rose bush

And when I took this picture, I almost laughed out so loud that if anyone had seen me, they must've thought I was some sort of maniac.
    Why...? If you've seen the classic funny movie TOP SECRET, you will know instantly

Great view when looking back after walking back towards my home.

If you tried, you might get lucky one in a million times if you tried to hit the top of that small branch with a rowanberry

But the rowan tree managed on the first attemt itself...
    Last edited by Sterkoder; October 22nd, 2011, 22:03.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

A weatherbeaten and twisted branch

As I jumped over a hole in the rock, I spotted beautiful colours under me. Had to turn back, and this was the result

You have an idea about what happens when you pour concrete in a plastic bag, and remove the plastic after the concrete has cured...?
    Nice, isn't it? Kind of art in my view.

A dying mushroom by those boathouses.

A small roing boat pulled ashore. This one looks like something my grandpa could've built after drawings he found in his old Popular Mechanics.
    Looks like this little dinghy is made out of waterproof plywood and it reminds me of my childhood years at Aspøya

One of the few autumn coloured trees at Bjerkestrand this year. The reason why most of the forests are not so colourful in Norway now as previous years, are due to a 'brunsopp' (in norwegian) brown fungus.
    This again is initiated by a very wet summer.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    And I felt I could make the picture a bit more interesting by tilting my camera

Sterkoder!

This is NOT a proper tour snack....!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Memories of a summer long gone (and this year 'never been here') also floated ashore at one time or another

An old tire. Does anyone else than photographers see the beauty in this...?

Also found this beercan by a trunk.

And I felt I could make the picture a bit more interesting by tilting my camera

So, as I left Viken and tried to walk around to the boathouses a way I never tried before, I spotted this seagull on the pole of the breakwater.
    Last edited by Sterkoder; October 22nd, 2011, 20:54.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Small waves comes ashore, making the most unstressful sound on Mother Earth

That sailboat again, this time a bit further in the fjord with my beloved Aspøya in the background

Wonder what all these baluchi hounds (Aphgan Hound) are focusing on...? (Hahahaha)

Of cours, they were only tussocks in the waterline

An old pole standing in the sand in the shoreline

Many strange things can float ashore after a strong wind or simply by the help of the sea current. Here's a plastic bag from the gadgets dealer Biltema

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Today was a boring day here in Kristiansund...., yes, boring.
    Even more so when my better half and my daughter went to town for some shopping.
    I decided to grab my camera and clothed up for a walk down to Viken farm again. This time I wanted to find out if I could do such a walk with my 50-200mm only. I leave it up to you to decide, and at the same time, I should say that most of the following images were taken at ISO 1600.
    I took a total of 66 pictures, and here are 31 of them:

Just out of my house, I found this leaf

Don't know what this is called, but it catched my eyes

A sole rosehip was left on a branch

The green field in front say spring, the tree say autumn and the bathing raft and sailboat say summer. Luckily nothing say winter, and for me personally, that's quite ok

Autumn leafes on a branch not far from the stone seagull near the sea down at Viken

The wind was fair today, so I guess those on board that sailboat enjoy themselves largely
    Last edited by Sterkoder; October 22nd, 2011, 19:46.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Thank you, Tommi!!

And I have never taken such "artistic" images with an iPhone, or any other mobile phone camera before.
    As most of you might know now, I enjoy rusty stuff, so the rusty wheel and the one taken vertical down in the water are my favourites here.

The main reason behind my walks in nature now is to get in better shape and to have high puls in a timeperiode of more than 30 minutes.
    Therefore it's not always handy to bring a camera and to make many stops to take pictures, but I'll always have my iPhone in one of the pockets

One thing is for sure, like you I also enjoy this kind of light now, as I've experienced that sharp sunlight not necesseraly is of the good either.
    And what can be more beautiful than a handcrafted wet wall of grey stone??

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied

Really nice pictures from the dam! I love those grey and humid autumn days, makes a beautiful light.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X