Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Re: Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

please do apologize for me intruding here with yet another comment
    You are more than welcome...., so please do not apologize

Hope I can get more oportunities to go out and use the camera, as we are moving towards the light season of the year.

Tuesday I will get myself more inspired than ever, as I will attend a seminar here in Kristiansund about using humour in the everyday situation, thinking in new directions, learning to get inspiration from positive forces and so on.
    The seminar is called 'Luft i Luka' and that is what we call it when we feel the need to air out our top floor, or brain if you will.

It start 12:30 and when it ends at 19:30, we will have experienced photographer Morten Krogvoll, actor Rigmor Galtung, enthusiasm artist Magne Kleiven and last, but not least, a 1,5 hours lecture by the swedish fireman Lasse Gustavson.

I do so look forward to this! In fact it's the first workshop in this years Nordic Light Intl. Festival of Photography ( http://www.nle.no/ )

Don't know what this hgas to do in the Bjerkestrand thread, but hey, I'm the OT-king and we were talking slightly about inspiration.

It's in norwegian, but here's the pdf-file info about the evening, Jan-Olav (and others who read norwegian)
    http://nle.no/fileadmin/user_upload/..._Luka_2012.pdf
    Last edited by Sterkoder; January 9th, 2012, 01:13.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    A lone birch tree down by the farm
    - and please do apologize for me intruding here with yet another comment: but this is really nicely captured. Works very well, and hence, well done!

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied

Really good winter-panoramas Mr. Sterkoder!

The light is simply astounding these days, and I'm glad you got to photograph it. The clear blue skies and the winter landscape makes some pretty beautiful sceneries!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

View toward north-east, Tustna and we see Viken farm to the left side

A lone birch tree down by the farm

A local bank bought and restored the summer house of one of the richest guys in Kristiansund back in the 1800s.
    The bank will use this as their representative place, a place for courses, seminars and kick-offs

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

This is what met me through the living room door this afternoon

Toward south-west and the suspention bridge

Toward south and Reinsfjell at over 900 meters

Suspention bridge at Gjemnes in the center

View toward Eide and southern part of Averøy

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

You know what..., if I were in your position right now, in Bangkok, I would have searched every possibility to be there through the northern hemisphere winter.
    I'm in bed here now, (writing on my iPhone), and outside is a snowstorm roaring. It is during such weather I could see before me being a bear, rolled together under a blanket and not wake up until May!!!

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    I just heard that it has even been snowing in Edinburgh!!!!

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied

........and the day after, the forest was green again.
    Is it just me, or do I think the nature is slightly confused about the seasons right now?

....I HATE SNOW (and winter)) .
    That, we both have in common. Nice the first hour after falling, but onwards nothing else than a pain in my butt... (the snow, I mean).

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Have to be honest here though:
    Yes, you're correct about clothing, and that's why Bergans and Skogstad got some of my money a couple of months ago.
    Then, the snow you see there melted away noteably during the few minutes I was up there...., and the day after, the forest was green again
    But during this late day of November, I got a small taste of Christmas.

(And to keep things straight, for those who don't know me: I HATE SNOW (and winter)) .
    Last edited by Sterkoder; November 30th, 2011, 23:06.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied

Brrrr..... that looks way too cold, but I guess, it is only cold if you don't dress properly....

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Orsetra is at 192 meters and we had to pass on to 27th November until experiencing snow.
    (Pictures taken with my iPhone )

This is the bench and box on the tree there where the notebook is for writing your name and how many times you've taken the walk.

Toward south and the suspention bridge, anchor place and church where we can see tanker "Grena"

Toward west
    Last edited by Sterkoder; November 27th, 2011, 22:42.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

A view towards Orsætra today, as seen from Frei church.
    So now you can look on a picture from that place, where you see the church, and thereby hopefully, you can place where I use to go in your minds.
    Just got myself a strong LED headlight, so now I do the walk in pitch darkness. Special feeling being up in those hills all by my lonesome in the darkness of the evenings at this time of year.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

I bet if you had photographed your side view, it would have been like a paper leaf.... !
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha........, best comment ever

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied

I bet if you had photographed your side view, it would have been like a paper leaf.... !

Sterkoder, tall, dark and handsome!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Oh what a slim shadow!!!!!
    You know, the wind came up that steep path, from behind me, making my pants look like balloony tubes. Funny...

It was 17 degrees Celcius up there yesterday just before sunset, and that is way more than we can expect during summertime. The nature is strange sometimes.
    Today we have smooth winds from south-east, coming up eastern Europe from Turkey and the Middle-East. Summer is grabing a hold!

(Will show you later what those winds does when it comes to natures own art. Took some pictures at 08:40AM this morning. 'Skyscape' is a key word)
    Last edited by Sterkoder; October 26th, 2011, 11:34.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X