Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Kristiansund

Mr. Sterkoder,

You should be the Chief of Tourist Office... !

Your images - and particularly the detail shots - are nothing but wonderful. Naturally, you live in a very beautiful city - but your images and the variations are showing great inventiveness.

Over the past 5-6-7 years, you have pictured every corner of your city - but still come up with and find new things to picture. That is a talent I wish I had more of.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

but still come up with and find new things to picture.
      Thank you for your nice words

Well...., I guess the main reason for finding new things to picture is the fact that I finally got to lift my lazy behind up from the seat of my car and use my two feet to walk around in my own city, and at the same time lift my view 5-10 meters from the street level...

And of course, overcome the "fear" of walking around in the midst of crowds of completely unknown people with a camera.
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
        And of course, overcome the "fear" of walking around in the midst of crowds of completely unknown people with a camera.
        Just watch out so you don't get childrens' ice cream on the lens!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
          Just watch out so you don't get childrens' ice cream on the lens!
          Hahaha...., I'm over 50 years old now, so I seldom get own on my knees....

Your advice comes out of experience?

Comment

Meanwhile it should be the problem of the people to be unknown, because everyone in town should know YOU!
            (... and should be happy about each single picture, which will be an advertisement for K'sund)
            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Well, thank you!
              Someone once said I've done more for my city than I knew then...

Would be great one day to know what...., like in how many 'discovered' and actually visited K'sund on the basic of reading/looking at pictures on CVF.

I know for sure hotels have had guests due to CVF.

Comment

Moon over Kristiansund early this morning, at around 06.25 AM

Small coastal tanker MARIA SOLTIN moored at the ex. shipyard Sterkoder. The view is straight in the Nordsundet inlet, across the harbour and over to Kirkelandet and the City Hall
                Last edited by Sterkoder; August 27th, 2013, 22:55.

Comment

Two brilliant shots... I particularly like the moon shot.

I saw it from a moving ferry, so my image would never have med it to processing.... sad, but true.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I'm so happy to be on board CVF again, and it's a thrill being able to post in a great forum after all these days without.
                    Let me start with a happy face from the concrete wall under the road on top of Nordsundet bridge

Here's the rest of the "grafitti" under the bridge

This is the view from under the bridge towards Nordsundet inlet and Gomalandet on the other side (I'm standing under the bridgehead on Nordlandet)

Samples on site is proof of good concrete in the bridge. Traces of armour iron also present, so I'm calm when driveing over it...

Comment

Coming in towards Nordsundet was an old sailing vessel I immediately couldn't say I've seen before

And from my position under the bridge, I saw she had a name written on the stern: SOLØY II.
                      She was built in Skårhavn, Sweden in 1904. She's 53,4 feet long and 18 feet wide. Gross tonnage is 35,91. Homeport: Molde

When checking my AIS at home, I saw the anchor handling offshore vessel KL SALTFJORD waiting in the harbour for hurtigrute RICHARD WITH to leave, so that they could get moored.
                      That ment I could get a few good shots, so I grabbed my camera and drove the 2 miles into town.
                      This is the view that met me from the Hollywood-ish sign on Bjørnehaugen

KL SALTFJORD

FAR SAPPHIRE came into the harbour via the Markussundet inlet

Comment

Then RICHARD WITH left at around 17:00

A view showing hurtigruten leaving southbound out Sørsundet, FAR SAPPHIRE arriveing via Markussundet, KL SALTFJORD on DP (Dynamic Positioning) in mid harbour, HAVILA JUPITER and FAR SEEKER moored alongside Storkaia

A detail shot of the on board arrangement of KL SALTFJORD and the MOB-boat being lifted on board before I left Bjørnehaugen

FAR SAPPHIRE, HAVILA JUPITER and FAR SEEKER on a row alongside Storkaia

Thon Hotel, sundbåten NORDSUND on the slipway (used by Thon Hotel for special arrangements and pre-dinner meetings) and the bow of FAR SAPPHIRE

Comment

A detail of one of the moored offshore vessels..., I'm sure you find out which...

And finally I had to drive over to Innlandet and take a picture under the tree

Comment

So good to see the ship traffic in K'sund again and with such a fine weather. You met a perfect moment, while all these huge boats were manoeuvering in the small harbour. I just could see them moving!!
                            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Post 1111 is just brilliant!

WAOW... you have really become a true master behind your camera! Love the composition, the clarity and the vibrancy in your most recent images!

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                                Post 1111 is just brilliant!

WAOW... you have really become a true master behind your camera! Love the composition, the clarity and the vibrancy in your most recent images!
                                I blush when I say thank you for those nice words!!!

Originally I did not intend to go into town that day, but then I checked my AIS and saw KL SALTFJORD resting on DP in the harbour.
                                I saw RICHARD WITH moored at the hurtigrute quay, and in my mind I saw the images of that offshore vessel and hurtigruten meeting, so I grabbed my camera and headed for the hill with the Hollywood-ish letters.
                                I understood there would be a tremendeous headlight, so for the first time in my photography and far away from my principles, I had to take several pictures both in manual and auto to get what I wanted.

Usually, commercial in posts are not very ok..., but I hope I can say that I'm saticfied with my PENTAX K-5 II :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X