This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Kristiansund

Not being on FB I can't see it, so I'll not get scared.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

bit do you see what i mean Ivy?
      best regards Thijs

Comment

A bit unusual design indeed. I like the looks of the 'Stabil', it had great proportions.

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
          i did ,and scared the hell out of me.

(it goes about this one)

This looks like former Hessaferga "Aspoy" that was sold in 1952 or 1953 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
            This looks like former Hessaferga "Aspoy" that was sold in 1952 or 1953 I believe.
            More about Aspøy here: http://www.dshvaler.no/Informasjonsb...d%202008-2.pdf unfortunately only in Norwegian.

Aspøy ca.1925

Aspøy was during the annual maintenance in 1978 so damaged by a fire that the boat was scraped. It was than owned by Haugen, Heran in Hardanger

Off topic? Yes, but......
            Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

I don't want to be rude or something, but STABIL came from Sandefjord in 1936 and looked like this:

After rebuilding, looking like in the image in post #1070, it became a vital part in the evacuation of Kristiansund in the initial war days in April 1940.

The use of the word 'rude' in line one here, refer to the fact that I personally don't think it look like the old ASPOY at all.
              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                Not being on FB I can't see it, so I'll not get scared.
                I don't belive you have to be on FB to click into a link pointing in that direction ;-)

Comment

Back to the boat trip from a few days back.

At Krimek was carferry BJØRNSUND

At the same yard, TRØNDERHAV was on the slipway and up for maintenance

Tug WATERMAN

Line of "steam irons"

Also at Krimek was the smal fishing boat JARSTEIN from Rissa in South-Trøndelag

At Mellemværftet on the other side of Vågen was the old FRIMANN and the just as old TWENDE BROEDRE

Comment

The two Pilot boats we have here in Kristiansund, LOS099 and LOS120

Sailing out of Vågen into the harbour, we passed FAR SAGA moored outside Nordmørsterminalen and the Harbour Authorities

Tug BOA HEIMDAL

Closup of the SWAMI

Comment

SWAMI and FAR SAGA

Fishing vessel LIAHOLM leave for the fishing fields

The Pier area, main street Kaibakken and the City Hall to the right.
                      The little blue and white boat is the passenger vessel bringing tourists to and from Grip, and the fishing boat is a chrimp trawler

Chrimp trawler MARHOLM

Experimenting in b/w with sundbåtferry FRAMNÆS

Around the Pier, looking up Kaibakken

Comment

Storkaia with the glassy Bryggekanten Brasserie & Bache Bar Restaurant to the left and the Pier to the right

The most beautiful hotel in the city, Thon hotel at Innlandet

On the other side of Sørsundet, alongside Storkaia was WILSON ASTAKOS

Jemar Norpower AS is a yard in Kristiansund making small workboats mainly for the offshore industry

Two of the new boats

Just outside Sørsundet was two kayakers, with the hill Bremsneshatten on Averøy in the background

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                          I don't want to be rude or something, but STABIL came from Sandefjord in 1936 and looked like this:
                          After rebuilding, looking like in the image in post #1070, it became a vital part in the evacuation of Kristiansund in the initial war days in April 1940.
                          The use of the word 'rude' in line one here, refer to the fact that I personally don't think it look like the old ASPOY at all.
                          I agree, in the picture from 1925 no, but after conversion in 1944 and in her days as Hessaferga she looked very much like the original picture in post #1070, only with windows.
                          That is from memory of travelling on her many times as a very young child, growing up on Hessa before the bridge at Steivaagsundet was opened.

Comment

Turning around in Sørsundet heading for the Markussundet (where all cruiseships enter), we got Thon Hotel in one of the wheelhouse windows

People enjoying

The old sundbåt NORDSUND on the slipway of the old boat repair shop Furset Slip. Further up you can spot the Bauta with the flagpoles and salute cannons

Sørsundet is behind us

Old and new times meet, as we pass the old Lossius residence from 1740 and the new funkis houses from our time

Comment

As we sail out Markussundet, the evening sun light up the eastern part at Nordlandet (Marokko)....

...while the west side over at Innlandet is in the shadow.
                              (They must hate the sun those who want to spend millions on a funkis house in the shoreline there)

Passing over from Markussundet to Bolga area, we sail over a sea area called Bolgsvaet. Here we look east over towards Vestbase offshore service base, we can spot the airport control tower and the Tustna mountains behind

Nice evening for a boatride...

Just a little study in b/w

Comment

Our purpose of the boatride was to take a closer look at the shipwreck in Bolgvågen, presented earlier in here

Then we sailed out of Bolgvågen again heading for Rensvik and Omsundet area

Nice pattern in the rocks

My captain (friend and colleague)

The sharp evening sunlight gives nice colours

Just a study of details. Here's the engine and propeller control

Comment

Working...
                                X