This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Kristiansund

My pictures from today content motifs that could make them spread all around the forum;
    The hurtigrute thread, sundbåt thread, cruiseship thread and Kristiansund thread.
    I see them as a series of images not to be devided, so here they are...., in the Kristiansund thread

Todays cruisecall ALBATROS arrived 14:00 and left at 21:00 for Geiranger

All pictures are taken from the Hollywood-ish sign up on Bjørnehaugen, viewing west
    ALBATROS will visit again 12. August together with CLUB MED 2, arriveing at 13:00...., ALBATROS arriveing at 14:00.
    Guess who's asking to get off work at 12:30...?

LOFOTEN was southbound hurtigrute out of Kristiansund today, and she left on time at 17:00.

Not photographed LOFOTEN from up here before...., I belive

Then the nice little sundbåtferry FRAMNÆS came into my frame
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Kristiansund harbour toward west. In the background is Averøy and far back is mountain Stemshesten...., out by the Farstadstrand beach for you who know about that

ALBATROS is not a large ship. That makes LOFOTEN really small..., doesn't it?

Comment

Wonderful scenes in Kristiansund, thank you for sharing. Yes, Lofoten is really small, even compared to such a classic liner, but that makes her so charming. But even Midnatsol should look small beside Albatros. She is huge - if not compared with the new monster shoeboxes.
        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

...and the sundbåt is even smaller than Lofoten!!!!

Indeed wonderful photos Svein, and such a pleasure to look at.

Comment

This is my first day of holiday, and would you belive it...., I forgot all about todays call of CLUB MED 2....
            Didn't remember it untill my father sent me an sms saying something like: "That must be one of the largest sailing vessels in the world?".

Well, it was time to grab the camera and head for the city, and here she is:194 meters long, 20 meters wide, 80 meters air draft with 2.400 m2 sailarea and two diesel-electric engines giveing the 386 passengers and crew of 214 speeds between 10 and 15 knots.

Read more about it: http://www.clubmed.fr/cm/sejours-ant...r-1-ac-vh.html

Here are my pictures from todays call

Had to find a tree again

Moored alongside Storkaia

Seen from the top of the parkinghouse at AMFI Shopping Mall

A few details

Last edited by Sterkoder; July 26th, 2013, 11:22.

Comment

Details continued

Keel laid in Le Havre in France back in 1992. Ship finished 1996.

Le Tricolore, the French national flag flying from the stern

Comment

A beautiful sight. Next time this ship calls Kristiansund will be 12. August, together with ALBATROS.

Comment

so pitty that we hardly can seen those vessels with full sails,unless we are at sea by ourselves
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

Agree with you there Thijs.
                    Suspect she's moveing by sail right now though...., and as you say we can't see it...., as she sail towards Trondheim.
                    My reason for suspecting the sails up is that she's not going the ordinary ship lane way to Trondheim, but are presently some 26 nautical miles north-north-west of Kristiansund going at 6-8 knots.

Comment

After 14 days of low clouds, fog, drizzle, heavy rain AND strong winds...., it is so good to have sunshine from clear blue skies, no wind and over 20 degrees Celcius.
                      A rather quick trip to the city today gave these images:

From the AMFI Shopping Mall parking house towards east.
                      We see Nordlandet and Nordsundet bridge in the background, and far back the mountains at Tustna can be seen

Towards northeast we see the popular restaurant Brasserie Bryggekanten & Bache Bar and the floating quays for private boats on short term visit.
                      We also see the old sundbåt FRAMNÆS and the Pier

Packed at the quay today.

We have a new shop here called Sino Design.
                      The woman who owns it say, as it also is written on the windows, it's a shop with 'unique clothes for tough girls'. She design her dresses and make them herself... Other stuff are also sold here, so....., I guess a welcome is in place.
                      (The shop is in the old white wooden building called Haandtverkeren, towards Smia Fish Reastaurant in Vågen)

Comment

Had to show you a close-up of that guy in the last image
                        (Yes, it moves in the breeze)

Comment

Yet another beautiful day in Kristiansund.
                          As I have a deal with the Kristiansund Harbour Authority, (as some sort of Harbour Photographer, to take pictures for their new web-page (http://www.knhavn.no/bilder),
                          I drove to the city again to take a few more pictures.

The old 'Fisketrappa' (fishermans stairs) where fishermen in their small fishing boats moored bow in, side by side, to offer their catch for the fisheating inhabitants of the city. In the mid-1980s this way of selling fish and seafood saw its end...

In the end of the stairs we see the silouette of the well known Klippfiskkjerringa (Klippfish woman) statue, and the 629 meters high Freikollen mountain in the background

It's rather beautiful along the quays in such weather

Turning my camera the other way, we see TINUS of Bergen alongside Vågekaia

As TINUS departs in the background, we see ORHOLM of Smøla moored, selling dried fish, klippfish and crab claws

Comment

The boat used in the summer route out to the old fishing community Grip, arrives after the first of two visits.
                            The boat is used of both tourists and people with summer houses out at Grip.
                            Visitors must expect to use 3 hours if they decide to go.
                            40 minutes out, 90 minutes stay on the island and 40 minutes back to the city. (NB! No creditcard reader on board..., cash has to be brought)

The Grip-boat TENNHOLM

Among the important vesseltypes for Kristiansund; Grip-boat (also rented out for charter), a fishing boat and Sundbåten

Sundbåten ANGVIK arriveing the pontoon at Kirkelandet, the city center

Comment

Sterkoder wrote:
                              This is my first day of holiday, and would you belive it...., I forgot all about todays call of CLUB MED 2....
                              Didn't remember it untill my father sent me an sms saying something like: "That must be one of the largest sailing vessels in the world?".
                              Well, it was time to gram the camera and head for the city, and here she is:194 meters long, 20 meters wide, 80 meters air draft with 2.400 m2 sailarea and two diesel-electric engines giveing the 386 passengers and crew of 214 speeds between 10 and 15 knots.
                              Nice pictures, fascinating ship! She visited Flåm yesterday. I posted some pictures in the "Cruise ships in norwegian waters 2012-2013-thread". Unfortunately I didn't come as close as you did.
                              Last edited by Sigve; July 26th, 2013, 11:12.
                              Regards; Sigve.
                              ---
                              IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

The US financial magazine Forbes have a list of the worlds 150 richest people.
                                Now one of them, the russian billionare Oleg Deripaska visit Kristiansund with his yacht ELDEN and its supply vessel SEVERNAYA TEN, plus himself and guests flying in with two Gulfstream businessjets.
                                According to the local newspaper, he is so pleased with the fjords, nature and people in Nordmøre shire that he has extended his visit with weeks.

Oleg Deripaska has 250.000 employees world wide: http://deripaska.com/

Here's ELDEN at around 9:00 PM tonight...

or 8:30..., if you look at the clock at the Pier. Choose time yourself.
                                Here's the ELDEN supply vessel SEVERNAYA TEN

The two together near the Pier in the city center

The fog came in, it was getting too dark for photography (for me)

The propeller of the last steam trawler BORGENES is mounted in fromt of the main entrance to the Harbour authorities

Last edited by Sterkoder; August 6th, 2013, 23:21.

Comment

Working...
                                X