Re: This is Kristiansund

Hope this map can be of any help.

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
      Hope this map can be of any help.

Excellent!

Don't be surprised if I one SUnday some day soon show up in your neck of the woods!

I wonder if that very small car park is big enough for my Titanic-sized car?
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Finally, me too was able to find a hidden place in Kristiansund with what I want to call natural magic light.
        Last edited by Sterkoder; May 6th, 2013, 21:05.

Comment

Details from the city hall with the city shield mounted

Two small excavators near Kristiansund airport, where work is well under way to build a new passenger hall and parking for the airliners

After coming out from the Steve McCurrys exhibition, I spotted these two on the roof of a parked car

The old weather shelter of the ex. Langveien high school

An entrance/exit to the school

A strange guy near the cinema
          Last edited by Sterkoder; May 6th, 2013, 22:00.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
            I wonder if that very small car park is big enough for my Titanic-sized car?
            It's four wheel drive, just park it outside the lighthouse!

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
              Finally, me too was able to find a hidden place in Kristiansund with what I want to call natural magic light.
              Hey wow,
              now you've actually found a completely new approach to your photography. I've never seen this kind of images from you before.
              The light in #998, niiiice! I would have omitted the pillar on the left hand side, but that's minor. Otherwise a very nice composition.

#999:2, the excavators look a bit like miniatures, nice perpective and light.

#999:3, ain't they posing or what?

Nice graffiti shots all three, but i like the gray and neutral approach of #999:6 most.

Comment

Thanks, Tommi!
                I like your comments here

now you've actually found a completely new approach to your photography. I've never seen this kind of images from you before
                Needless to say, Nordic Light Intl. Festival of Photography just ended here in Kristiansund, and I guess I got inspired to park my car and take a walk around in the city with my camera.

I think the festival, lectures and exhibitions have inspired me, but I can't say.
                Hope so, anyway

(What you say about the column to the left in the back yard image there is true. But I was affraid it would be too narrow, too thin and high).

Comment

My boss had granted me some time off to let me take pictures of THOMSON SPIRITs early arrival to Kristiansund Thursday 30. May 2013 at 07:15.

Sundbåt (the newest, but best and oldest looking) FRAMNÆS on her very first leg of the first harbour roundtrip to the four 'land', seen here before the action brake loose between Kirkelandet and Innlandet

Then, 45 minutes early according to pre-info time, THOMSON SPIRIT rounded Innlandet to sail into our beautiful harbour via Markussundet inlet

I think she's a great looking ship

Great light conditions at this time of the day. This is at around 07:20

Comment

FRAMNÆS meet up with the cruiseship guest

Got rather spiritual down by the docks when THOMSON SPIRIT met incoming HIGHLAND SPIRIT...

The cruiseship stand tall alongside Storkaia. Bryggekanten Brasserie & Bache Bar in the foreground
                    Last edited by Sterkoder; May 30th, 2013, 19:23.

Comment

Easy to get in good mood in the morning with funnels like this

The new 'spottermobile' mine is the rear one...

Nice and relaxed mood in the morning
                      Last edited by Sterkoder; May 30th, 2013, 19:56.

Comment

My new-found tree near one of my spotterplaces at Innlandet makes such a nice frame

From Thon Hotel and the sundbåt museum vessel NORDSUND, the Spirit looked like this

Comment

Details...

View from Bjørnehaugen and tha Stormvarselet (you know, near the Hollywood-ish city letters)

Sundbåtferry FRAMNÆS is so beautiful

Glad I live in Kristiansund

Sitka spruce at Bjørnehaugen

Comment

And from behind the vegetation at Bjørnehaugen, THOMSON SPIRIT looked like this

From Nordlandet quay...

...where a ship rope has hung for a very long time. But rather decorative.

I started with FRAMNÆS, and end my report in the same way. Have a further nice day, evening, week-end....!

And compared to the pictures from our local newspaper Tidens Krav, I'm rather satisfied with myself.... I suppose it's ok to say that.
                            Newspaper images of the Thomson Spirit visit: http://www.tk.no/nyheter/article6682685.ece
                            Last edited by Sterkoder; May 31st, 2013, 00:15.

Comment

Nice compositions, and several classes better than the newspaper shots too. Such nice new spotter places too.

Now to a very personal opinion, please exucuse me: that ship has the ugliest cruise ship stern ever...

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
                                Nice compositions, and several classes better than the newspaper shots too. Such nice new spotter places too.

Now to a very personal opinion, please exucuse me: that ship has the ugliest cruise ship stern ever...
                                But STRAMNAES is cute.
                                And what can I say about #1008 3? Great.

Comment

Working...
                                X