This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Kristiansund

Oh, due to some mobile phone browsing last week I missed to comment your nighttime shots.
    They all start to look pretty good, ain't they?
    Focus seems to be very nice on all pictures, you got perhaps some minor unsharpness due to camera shake? Some of the exposures could perhaps be slightly adjusted up or down, but those are quite minor problems.

Nice weather today!
    I specially like the composition of #978/2 and #979/1.
    I didn't quite realize that Grip actually was so close, and the telephoto effect makes it look even closer.

#980/4, interesting bridge detail.
    Last edited by Tommi; March 24th, 2013, 01:03.

Comment

Thanks, Tommi! Your comments are always highly appreciated

#975/5 and 6 have a blur, yes. I used a tripod and 2 sec. delay on the shutter. Camera set to Av, f/5.6, ISO100, shake reduction off and fully zoomed at 135mm. I also cropped on the pc, making it even more blurry.
      Rather satisfied with the rest though, but they might (or are) a couple of notches too dark.

Photography is fun
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

i'm surprised of the clearniss of the water in 974/1,just if the propellor is above water.

great nightshots,but my favorit is 976/1 the orca vessel.

SENNA's S in the ice,marvelous,and that it stay in that shape,very wel captured.

978/5 and 979/1 are the same images,but with another text. (while on FB you show us another image)

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
        Beautiful city, at least to my opinion...
        yeah rup it in,i know that i'm living in a stupid windy flatland village with no harbour.

i like the bridge,would like even see more detail shots of it.

the privat cementry,as in privat for only members of the (former) Alders family,or as churchcommunety.

al in al, love the images

that church is that a leftover from the olypic games and was the ski jump,and now rebuild as church?
        Last edited by janihudi; March 24th, 2013, 11:06.
        best regards Thijs

Comment

978/5 and 979/1 are the same images,but with another text. (while on FB you show us another image)
          Thank you for noting this. I was so tired yesterday evening when I posted, and doing so both on Facebook and CVF made this happen.
          Picture in #979/1 is now corrected

yeah rup it in,i know that i'm living in a stupid windy flatland village with no harbour.
          I know you must be joking a bit here, because you should try to "love" the place you live...., or otherwise move to another place
          I for one is always curious to see pictures of where people live, so please continue to post, also from the docks you've posted before

I will continue to brag about Kristiansund to the end of the world

Comment

I know you must be joking a bit here,
            not really,you can ask Ivy about this,nothing to see here

I for one is always curious to see pictures of where people live
            just google Giessen Holland,not much show up,a little piece at wikipedia,and hardly images of Giessen on google images,a lot of those are from other villages which have giessen in there name.

also from the docks you've posted before
            as long i drive containers there wil be images of them,and sometimes a sunday when i go to rotterdam.living there would be nice for the hobby,but i don't like to living in a city.

I will continue to brag about Kristiansund to the end of the world
            keep dooing that,and maybe i'll start a thread of Giessen,will be a short thread though.
            best regards Thijs

Comment

Here I am… after watching an F1 Bull fight from Malaysia on TV this morning… what’s that – me OT?!?!?…anyway back in Kristiansund, here’s what I enjoyed:
              - The S curve
              - The one I call K’sund, capital of Scandinavia
              - #979/3 …because it’s a bit different one from this viewpoint, because of all the ferries, because of making the yellow building and crane centre picture, and because of how the horizon emerges above the trees there in the centre. (Would I have been tempted to crop away the trees and boats on the extreme right hand side?…still undecided about that…)
              - the view of the Hollywoodish sign; horizon/trees feel perfect me in this one as do the houses/foreground trees relationship, and I love the feeling for the hillside rocks, with that plantation of evergreens I didn’t really notice previously
              - how EXOTIC the Tahiti art looks; it could have been taken…well…in Tahiti!
              - #980/4 a stunning viewpoint and angle of the bridge
              - and my favourite EVER view of Kirkelandet church…
              …with the bonus of your second triumph at the church – the contrast of that old wooden gate with building’s modern shape and materials

Marvellous Svein - how to make the most of a blue-sky day with not a cloud in sight!

Comment

(Would I have been tempted to crop away the trees and boats on the extreme right hand side?…still undecided about that…)
                Thanks for constructive critiques.
                In fact I thought about it for a second, to do just that cropping, but decided not to, due to the fact that I then would have cropped too close to the large white building (the ex. main NSSR-base for mid Norway back in the 70's) , and the sundbåten RAPP to the right there.
                But I know what you mean about the trees vs. the horizon line at the top right side.

Thijs:
                That cemetery Alders Hvile is hard to translate (Alders mean Age and Hvile means Rest).
                The cemetery was established for the family Brodtkorb and relatives in 1800 after getting permission from the King in a Royal resolution.
                The Brodtkorbs originally came from Sachsen in Germany in 1643 and soon became three different branches in Norway, where Eilert Christian Brodtkorb (1721–1806) was head of the Kristiansund branch.

Comment

Dear Sterkoder,

As I may have mentioned on FB, you have come really far in your ability to capture light and take great pictures. Some of the new images that you have posted is both interesting in the way they are composed, and I can also see that you have tackled the problem of blurriness that you had some problems with earlier. Keep on your path: you are absolutely heading in the perfect direction!
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

and I can also see that you have tackled the problem of blurriness that you had some problems with earlier.
                    Thank you so much!

Yes, much of the blurriness had to do with "you get what you pay for" optics in my Tamron 18-200mm.

Now I've got a new original Pentax 18-135mm and also a monopod, which I use more and more.
                    Blurriness is the most irritating thing I know, and I have been aware of it in my own pictures for a while.

Comment

Thank you so much!

Yes, much of the blurriness had to do with "you get what you pay for" optics in my Tamron 18-200mm.

Now I've got a new original Pentax 18-135mm and also a monopod, which I use more and more.
                      Blurriness is the most irritating thing I know, and I have been aware of it in my own pictures for a while.
                      Ditto.... blurriness and tilting horizons are annoying... sad but a fact.

I also went through a wide angle lens, a Tokina, rather fast and eventually ditched it... crap. As you say, you get exactly what you pay for. I have come to learn that trying to save by buying a cheaper alternative, normally ends in having to go for the quality item later on.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

From the same spot I photographed the thin sea ice a couple of weeks ago or more, I took a picture of a circus today.
                        Circus Zorba is Norways smallest, and its homeplace is Frei in Kristiansund

From the roof of the AMFI shopping mall parking hose we see Innlandet with Thon Hotel, 629 meters high Freikollen and cargo vessel SOLFJORD

Shell is a major sponsor of a handball cup for kids in Kristiansund this weekend

Modern offshore vessels acompanied by the new replica of the old steam sundbåtferry FRAMNÆS
                        Last edited by Sterkoder; April 14th, 2013, 22:43.

Comment

Shell is a major sponsor of a football cup for kids in Kristiansund this weekend
                          As you may have seen on trondheimsfjorden.net, I really wish we could have a sign like this in Trondheim too.... !

Comment

On her way from Lofoten with salted cod, the old sailing sloop ANNA af SAND delivered her cargo at Milnbrygga klippfish museum.
                            As I understand, she will deliver her last cod in Stavanger upon her arrival there.
                            Today she was moored in the city and there were an 'Open ship', which I didn't get at due to other appointments.

ANNA af SAND is photographed here resting at the <mellemværftets floating quay, while the crew and invited guests have a bacalao dinner at the main house down there.
                            The sailing vessel were built in Hardanger back in 1848.

Note the drying of fish in the rig. Dried fish is a very, VERY good snack...., together with beer, belive me.

The snow melting is at a rapid phase now, luckily
                            Last edited by Sterkoder; April 17th, 2013, 00:13.

Comment

Wonderful ship and imagine, how fine it would be to take part on such a traditional voyage!
                              Eating dried fish, drink a beer, smoke a traditional Petterøe...
                              Aaaah! Hard to continue work now!
                              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Sterkoder, could you please refresh my memory, but do you have to take a boat out to the Stavenes Lighthouse?

http://www.brunsvika.net/nyhetsarkiv...r-for-sesongen

Comment

Working...
                                X