This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Kristiansund

What a story, starting off with the storm warning signal, then that great view looking across the harbour through the salty mist, and then the views from water level showing this wind situation when the harbour is not as sheltered as usual! I like the rope in the foreground, and then the waves splashing against the quay in the last photo. Super photo-essay Sterkoder!

Comment

Not usual to see waves in that harbour I believe?

Comment

Thanks, Cecilia for those kind words.
        I had just that in mind; to start at the top of Bjørnehaugen (at the Stormvarselet and the Hollywood-ish white letters), then show you what a SW storm looks like down by the sea level. Great that viewers see it that way, and understand what I'm doing

Tommi:
        Nope, it's quite unusual to have waves as "large" as these inside the harbour. That goes for winds from any direction.
        The strong wind is coming towards me, so naturaly the harbour is close to calm over by Kirkelandet, as you can see in the picture.
        A good help for making harbour waves large and sharp in these conditions, are harbour sea current due to tide.
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

The rope you see in the foreground, C, belongs to that grey large docking barge moored to the sundbåt quay at Nordlandet.
          You can see this on the picture from PRINSENDAMs arrival in 2009. It was on the outside of this barge I stood when taking pictures of BOUDICCA 21. February this year.

Comment

A fantastic day in Kristiansund today.
            BOUDICCA visited for the second time this year, and due to her late departure, she met up with the southbound hurtigrute FINNMARKEN.
            There were hornblowing exchanged, but I had my camera on stills, so no video from that. This day really put a smile in my frozen face

The sundbåt RAPP said goodbye...

No doubt in which city this is

Comment

Then FINNMARKEN came, and three shots as goodby to BOUDICCA were fired from the salute cannons on Innlandet

Three cannons loaded

Next BOUDICCA visit is 24. March, welcome back!
              Last edited by Sterkoder; March 9th, 2013, 23:08.

Comment

This is not at all as I remember Finnmarken, where are the enormous amounts of snow???

Comment

Great day of photos, and blue skies too –not at all like the dreary weather here. I loved seeing Boudicca along with Finnmarken, having watched them following each other around on AIS so much of yesterday!
                  Oh, and not to forget to say how impressive that telephoto shot of the cannons is from so far away. Nice memories of sitting a while up there when I visited.

Comment

As I've said in a couple of other threads already, I was out to try out my new lense today.
                    My old Tamron 18-200mm gave edges out of focus from time to time, so when I bought my new PENTAX K-5 II I also ordered an original PENTAX 18-135mm lense, and a remarkable better quality is noticed.
                    Almost no adjustment needed when editing images, only cropping and resize. Both camera and lense are weather and dust sealed, so I really look forward to the photo season this year.

Propeller and rudder in one end of the sundbåtferry FRAMNÆS

From Thon Hotel at Innlandet, the Pier and quays over at Kirkelandet looks like this, and we see Bryggekanten Bache Bar & Restaurant to the left, sundbåtferry FRAMNÆS, the blue twin-hull boat which transport tourists to and from the small island of Grip, for the time being floatel MILJØDRONNINGEN, cargo vessel VARGØY and small tanker GRIP SOLAR to the right.

Comment

Went out in the ice cold wind we have here right now to try out my new equipment in darkness.
                      Worked out ok for me, but of course there's always one or two things to learn.
                      Had the camera set to what Joakim told me a while back, and it seemed to work.

Car ferry TUSTNA at the old ferry quay in Kristiansund, last used by the ferry to Averøy before the road tunnel came

Over at Innlandet one of the citys oldest houses, the Lossius farm from 1780. Funny thing is, that above the old house, there are funkis houses, modern living quarters from 2011.
                      The Lossius family was very large on klippfish export.

In the light from the Kystekspressen HSC quay, we see the small tanker GRIP TANK with Vågekaia in the background

Piren, sundbåt quay at Kirkelandet and Onkel og Vennene hans coffee bar, to mention a few things

Thon Hotel at Innlandet

City center with Innlandet in the background
                      Last edited by Sterkoder; March 20th, 2013, 07:48.

Comment

Small coastal cargo boat ØYFRAKT (ex. NUPEN) and MILJØDRONNINGEN alongside Vågekaia

Norwegian Shipping History Society Nordmøre in Kristiansund has their base at Vågekaia.

Left window

Right window

Comment

That really worked out well!! Bravo!
                          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Had to take my camera out for a walk again today, this time in bright sunshine.
                            In the leisure craft harbour in Vågen, a thin ice layer was no challenge to a small boat going out

Made a nice S

The Pier seen from the City Hall. Looks like Scandinavia is gathered on the flagpoles over there today

The city and harbour as seen from behind one of the three salute cannons on top of Innlandet, the Bauta area. View due north.

Comment

Replica of the old sundbåt FRAMNÆS crossing from Gomalandet to Kirkelandet. Grip lighthouse can be seen far out in the ocean.

Beautiful city, at least to my opinion...

Vågen with the harbour authority building to the left of the inlet. We see several car ferries over at Krimek for mantenance

The Pier and Vågekaia as seen from the Bautaen at Innlandet

The Hollywood-ish sign over at Nordlandet. Island of Smøla seen far away in the background
                              Last edited by Sterkoder; March 24th, 2013, 12:29.

Comment

The area of the annual Tahitifestivalen at Innlandet

Hope someone use a bit of the festival income on paint...., for the big warehouse

Sørsundet bridge

A detail study of the bridge

Kirkelandet church from an unusual angle

Cemetery, a private one, called Alders Hvile.

Comment

Working...
                                X