Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Kristiansund

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
    (Swedish military are pretty quiet if I say the least)
    That's because the Swedes are so peace loving...
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I'm happy then, that our air force didn't go for the JAS Gripen...., if they can't be flown (mohahahahahaha)

Seriously, a guy well known from Brunsvika.net has made a 2 hours long video from Kristiansund havn. In the lokal newspapers web-pages, he has made this again into a three minutes time-laps.
      The camera was placed up with that Hollywood-ish letters you should be familiar with.

Take a look (BOUDICCA and hurtigruten among the vessels)
      http://www.tk.no/speilet/article6381637.ece
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

That video is fun Svein - thanks for the link!

Not many offshore boats in that day?
        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

If the time-laps were made on a Tuesday or Wednesday, the situation would have been slightly different.
          Those days are usually the main days for crew change.

Anyway, if anyone ever wondered how the very first place they could by fish & chips in Norway looked like, this is it; Mr. and Mrs. Moe's fish & chips wagon seen here at the Pier in Kristiansund.

Photo: Unknown, via Facebook-group 'Du vet du er fra Kristiansund når...'
          (You know you're from Kristiansund when...)

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
            I'm happy then, that our air force didn't go for the JAS Gripen...., if they can't be flown (mohahahahahaha)

Seriously, a guy well known from Brunsvika.net has made a 2 hours long video from Kristiansund havn. In the lokal newspapers web-pages, he has made this again into a three minutes time-laps.
            The camera was placed up with that Hollywood-ish letters you should be familiar with.

Take a look (BOUDICCA and hurtigruten among the vessels)
            http://www.tk.no/speilet/article6381637.ece
            Very nice video... seen it 4 times already now... love the way the Hurtigruten and the cruise ship pivots around in your port!
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Silvery police station and pink/red hospital in the center of our city 19. January

Comment

If people in the city don't take a second look, and call the police every time they see a tri-pod, it could be difficult to be a photographer in Kristiansund in the future.

A photographer from Surnadal east of Kristiansund, came to the city today on a photo mission.
                He had his camera with an external blitz mounted on a heavy mono-pod, walking around.
                A witness in panic called the police and told them a guy walked around with a big machine gun!

Several policemen/women appeared heavily armed in the city center, looking out for that "machine gun man".
                They found him in his car, pulled him out and handcuffed him before putting him in a cell at the police station for half an hour to sort things out.

I don't find this funny at all, and get a bit pi***d at my fellow citizens, who should use a couple of seconds to take two or three more looks, and then a few seconds more to take a few deep breaths before calling anyone.

The police...? Oh, they did the right thing. What else could they do after getting a crazy message about a man carrying a machine gun around?

Picture from the local newspaper, showing the photographer Nathan Lediard with his equipment.

Comment

People are quite nervous these days. Maybe they shouldn't watch so much TV series like CSI New York, Wallander and such stuff.
                  So if they see a guy with such a cap and jacket...dangerous!

I recommend Hurtigruten or Nordlandsbanen - Minutt for Minutt. Sit back and relax.
                  Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

On our harbour today was one of the slowest and one of the fastest meeting, sundbåten ANGVIK and the ambulance boat ØYVAKT

Someone has been hanging birdballs (wow, what a strange word that became....) to feed small birds on two poles down by the HSC quay.
                    Blurry in the background is Thon Hotel

A brand new towering building soon to open at Vestbase. It will hold engineers from Aker Solutions, among other companies.
                    (My work is behind those two gates with 15 small windows each to the left of that large gray gate down there)

Comment

maybe we should al ware big heads with ''photographer'' printed on it.
                      but with al those crime series with guns made by guys with a great fantasy,so that it would look good on the screen,people don't know anymore what to think.
                      and now it is very popular to shoot around on schools ,cities etcetc with real guns,people are getting quickly nervous.

Someone has been hanging birdballs (wow, what a strange word that became....) to feed small birds on two poles down by the HSC quay.
                      it's always better than ''seedballs'',we call them here ''vetballen'',what should be in english ''fatballs'' or ''greaseballs''

(My work is behind those two gates with 15 small windows each to the left of that large gray gate down there)
                      up to google earth,to find another familymember place
                      Last edited by janihudi; February 17th, 2013, 10:32.
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

Oh what a great image of the birdballs with Thon Hotel background. The grey, browny-beige and yellow colour palette is as much a part of its appeal as the composition and motif.

Great view of Vestbase from that vantage point, (and including the local geology too!!!!! )

Comment

Thanks, Cecilia!

Today saw the first winter call in history of a cruiseship in Kristiansund.
                          BOUDICCA arrived at 0700 and will sail again at 1630...., and here I am at work with my brand new Pentax.

Have a picture though, taken by photographer/journalist in our local newspaper Tidens Krav, Mr. Bjørn Hansen

Comment

Off work, and just in time to get BOUDICCAs departure at 16:30.

These images are also the "virgin images" from my new Pentax K-5 II, and after some turning and twisting on wrong buttons at the wrong time...., I started to get the hang of things...., I think.

BOUDICCA moored at the hurtigrute quay, down by the headquarter of the Kristiansund Harbour Authorities
                            (They can't have large cruise ships to be moored at Storkaia now, due to construction work)

Her moorings are being pulled on board and few RPMs on the shafts start to turn her propellers

The mandatory picture together with a sundbåt, RAPP this time

I climbed down on a barge, and had a panoramic view as she sailed toward the Markussundet outlet

A fantastic bow in front of the Pier and City Hall at Kirklandet

What a great design!!!
                            Last edited by Sterkoder; February 21st, 2013, 22:10.

Comment

Details are always interesting

Out Markussundet she goes...., and on the stern, the party factor was high as the on board band played groovy music and passengers waved 'Goodbye!'

Rather crowded up there...

Kristiansund is built on small islands with 'land' names. We see Nordlandet to the left, Markussundet outlet with BOUDICCA and Innlandet to the right.
                              When she slipped away from the quay, there were hornblowing and cannon shots exchanged

See you 9. March...., so long!
                              Last edited by Sterkoder; February 22nd, 2013, 01:25.

Comment

So glad you made it to the spotterplaces for the departure
                                Well the first thing I want to say is that I’m so very impressed that there you are with a brand new camera in a rather exciting situation being the first cruise ship of the season and everything, and you produce this set of truly fine photos! What a pro!

As the hurtigrute quay is a familiar location for a hurtigrute lover who’s used to seeing the familiar ships there, I find it specially interesting to see a cruise ship in that place, and I like your viewpoints, the angle of the ship, the ship in relation to the nearby buildings, and of course a really special one with Rapp.
                                Also I liked how #949/3 captures the mood of the occasion and the season with the snow on the mountain as a backdrop, and then in the last image doesn’t Boudicca look good against the dark trees –and some bird activity in the foreground to complete the composition

Comment

Working...
                                X