This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Kristiansund

I got good advice on how to do things from a member in here last night (Thanks, J.! )

It was time to do a test shot or two after work, and here they are.
    (Camera set on AV, ISO200, F8 and F11, and of course the tripod)

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Jan-Olav and Tommi:

Thanks guys, for valuable tips...., which helps me learn more

I must say, I had a conversation with Joakim on FB last night, and as he has been a student of Master Tom, he gave me a concrete and great tips.
      I will try it out more later, but for now; Thanks Joakim, it seems like your tips is moving me in the right direction

Comment

You amaze me Sterkoder you old night-owl you! :-) I like the ones of the Nordsund and the gallery and tapas restaurant especially, and also the “panorama”, (which I personally wouldn’t want to look any sharper). You put me to shame, taking on these exciting challenges. I actually take less night shots than I used to with my old simpler Panasonic camera, and I guess it was all those reasons you mention –it was easier to just to set up, by feel almost, to a setting and focus that gave passable results.
        Can you hear my shouting "more please, more!"

Comment

Thank you, C!!!
          Here I am in my 'blushness' listening to your shouting.
          And now that I got those tips from Joakim, making it possible to close in on him and Toms superb nightshot quality, is rather tempting to use the tripod even more.
          I like it also when you comment on each image, if I haven't said that before, Cecilia!

Comment

After a fat meal, it was time to take a walk out in the city and bring the tripod.

Taken from the sundbåt quay at Goma towards the harbour with Kirkelandet and Innlandet in the background

Taken from a hill at Goma, and we see LOFOTEN as the Christmas hurtigrute this year..., moored from 16:15 on the 24th to 17:00 on the 25th, when the southbound voyage is taken up again

Live stock fish carriers in for the holidays

Sørsundet and the bridge between Kirkelandet and Innlandet, opened in 1964, in the sunset

From the main sundbåt quay, the Pier, we see some boats in for the holiday
            Last edited by Sterkoder; December 26th, 2012, 00:12.

Comment

Nordlandet, as seen from the Pier. We see the bridge over Nordsundet between Nordlandet and Goma

At Nordlandet we have the Hollywood-looking sign saying Merry Christmas these days

And as seen on previous pictures, the Moon over Kristiansund

Innlandet

Innlandet, up on the Bauta, they have also got a Christmas sign (blurry, sorry)

Kaibakken, running from the Pier up to the Kongens Plass
              (The statue to the left is the Sildegutten (Herring boy) and City Hall to the right)
              Last edited by Sterkoder; December 26th, 2012, 00:14.

Comment

From the spot of our Klippfish-woman statue at the Pier, our harbour looks like this not exactly an impressive emergancy-boat for a harbour like ours, but anyway, we'll play with what we've got)

From the bank building we see over Langveien down Kaibakken and down towards the harbour. The square is Kongens Plass

At Kongens Plass we have a Burger King restaurant

At Kongens Plass is also our main Christmas tree

Now I've moved up into Langveien, just across the road from our main church, Kirkelandet church. Looking down towards Kongens Plass

Walked over to the same side as the church and just 50 meters down the road

Comment

Same spot as the last picture in the previous post

From the Christie memorial on top of Hauggata, the hurtigrute quay, traffic station, Nordmørskaia and Goma looks like this

From the same spot, Nordlandet looks like this

And finally a picture pointing in the east direction, looking towards Nordsundet and offshore vessel ISLAND VALIANT moving toward the quay to be moored down

Comment

awesome images Svein,specially the last 3 and of those 3 the middle one.
                    that tripot was it's money worthed
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

Dear SVein,

Those latest images are superb... taken at the very perfect time: not too late to make everything "black" and not too early to not get the blue-feeling...

I like those latest works, that is the perfect time of day these days of the year.
                      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you, J-O!! Always nice to get comments like this from Masters (of photography)

Found at YouTube, from Nordic Light Festival of Photography 2006, a welcome movie from Kristiansund (and Nordmøre) in english:

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                          Thank you, J-O!! Always nice to get comments like this from Masters (of photography)
                          You make me blush... I don't think I'm anyway near Speedbird and Nikon-Tom! But thank you so very much anyway!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

RNoAF 338 sqn. at Ørland Main Air Station had some sort of an exersice south of Kristiansund today.
                            I took this photo from work with my iPhone. Looks like there was some air-to-air work done, and in my mind, I remembered pictures I've seen from the Battle of Brittain skies above London.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                              RNoAF 338 sqn. at Ørland Main Air Station had some sort of an exersice south of Kristiansund today.
                              I took this photo from work with my iPhone. Looks like there was some air-to-air work done, and in my mind, I remembered pictures I've seen from the Battle of Brittain skies above London.
                              I saw it above Trondheim as well today... Adressa has also written about it online as well.

I didn't take any picture though....

Comment

Hey wow, do you have an Airforce in Norway that actually flyes with their planes?! So exotic!
                                (Swedish military are pretty quiet if I say the least)

Comment

Working...
                                X