This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Kristiansund

Wonderful images from the inside... believe it or not, but I have never seen an image nor the real inside of this church!

The tradition of having a sailing ship suspended in churches, I remember learning about in school... but I can't remember what it was...

Also Lundring Church, where my dear belated mother rests, there is a wonderful sailship suspended from the roof.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

As I was going to do some work for the Norwegian Shipping History Society Nordmøre (FOREVER SHORTENED NSSN, FROM NOW ON!) in our new location down by the quay, I parked my car way uptown and walked with my camera the close to a kilometer down to the quay.

On my way there were pictorial motifs, og course..., and here's a couple of ornaments carved in stone on the south wall of our city theatre 'Festiviteten', showing our city shield and Grip lighthouse

Kristiansund Art Society

The park is changing to autumn colours

In the middle of the park is this fountain

The park with Freikollen mountain in the background
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

The little specialized shop on the corner of the City Hall called TOBAKSHJØRNET (Tobacco Corner) sold purely tobacco, cigarettes, sigars and pipes before..., brands from most of the world.
        Now it is a place where we can by imported food.

The S there is the logo of the bookstore Sverdrup. The shop has been there for over 100 years, but did terminate its business a few months ago.
        The remains of the shop has moved down to AMFI Storkaia Brygge shopping mall, so I guess that sign will be taken down shortly.
        Better take a picture before it's too late

The seagull sculpture in front of our City Hall

Finally, I arrived at our new location, and the window exhibition is getting a few more bits and pieces added every day...
        (The large model there is of the 5-mast sailship PREUSSEN)

Comment

A great little walk! I like the stone carvings, and the waterfall motif reminded me of my own walks and coming across the waterfall that was made in the park.
          Good idea to document the changes such as the bookshop moving, and #893/2 of the shop seen through the autumn leaves is also a very good photo with so much in it, yet held together by clever composition.
          Ah the seagulls! (I spent ages trying to photograph details of this splendid sculpture without being completely satisfied with the results!)

And now the latest view of the window exhibition. You must all feel so proud.

Comment

When walking from Mellemværftet to NSSN at Vågekaia, I took this picture of Smia Fish Restaurant.

Comment

Pleasing picture, the building and the tree catching the sunlight at that angle, and such nice memories Sterkoder …I can almost smell the bacalao cooking in the kitchen

Comment

After NSSN moved from our previous location to the new one down by the quays, and me being irritated that our citys parking administration extended the time you have to pay for parking to 19:00, I've begun to park at free places in the upper city or over by Mellemværftet.
                Walking these few hundred meters, make me discover the city in another way and to see different motifs than what I do by driving a car.

You might ask if I can't afford to park my car for an hour and pay NOK 10,-.
                It's not that.
                But why, when the streets are emty and almost all parking spaces are free, does the parking company need to put a toll on a space all the way to 19:00 hours, if it's not to regulate a market, a demand...?

To park away from the meters and not give the company my money is my tiny little protest...

Comment

Amazing what they find behind trees in Kristiansund:

http://www.brunsvika.net/nyhetsarkiv...ker-qavdekketq

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

This image from Rensvikvatnet is so beautiful I had to share:

http://www.brunsvika.net/nyhetsarkiv...meldes-det-sno

Comment

Did you see this Sterkoder?

http://www.adressa.no/nyheter/morero...cle6619931.ece

Comment

Nei du, det der har jeg ikke sett før. Takk skal du ha...!
                        Oooops, norsk nå ja. Vel, får vel skifte over da, av hensyn til våre utenlandske medlemmer...., nope, I did never see that before.
                        The thing is, a new book about the bombing is released here in Kristiansund these days.
                        I've read much about it, basicly due to interest in the German Luftwaffe, what exact aircraft individs and from which squadrons they came which bombed our city and where they took off.

I understand very well why, but as there were a few photographers present in Kristiansund during the bombing, not one pointed their cameras at any aircraft.

Aircraft participating were Junkers JU-87 Stuka and Heinkel He-111, where the 111s came from Kampfgruppe 100 stationed on Værnes and Jonsvatnet those days. Some say planes took off from Århus in Danmark also, and I know one thing: there are many here knowing more about this than me

Comment

The strange thing in that article, is the top big image... it is said it was taken from an aircraft... that must be an aircraft on the ground, or they flew VERY LOW.

Comment

Kristiansund have a handful of bathing places (would not call'em beeches), and one of them is called Kolvika (can not be translated).

It is situated on the very eastern part of the city island Nordlandet, and the view is towards Tustna and the ferry stretch Seivika-Tømmervåg.
                            In one of the pictures, you can see the two ferries BJØRNSUND and STORDAL. Not the best weather, and it became dark very fast.

Anyway, Kolvika was my childhood bathing place, as it was just a 15 minutes cycle ride away from my home.

In the first images you will recognize the lagoon from previous pictures, and in the distance you once more see the runway on the stone filling there.
                            Today the sea came flooding in as it closed in on high tide.

The white old warehose in one of the pictures there is rebuilt as a private home. Must be a paradice in the summer... Enjoy!

Comment

Last two pictures for now...

Comment

Rather a nice light with the weather and growing dark actually in the later images especially. I also liked the semi-silhouetted effect in #903/3.

And needless to say the two ferries in one image.

I can just imagine how I would have liked such a place as shown in #903/6 when I was a child. (Just looking at it I almost have the urge to choose a favourite rock to sit on!)

Thanks for the Sunday outing!

Comment

Working...
                                X