• Show
Clear All

Re: This is Kristiansund

Oops!!!!...now corrected!!!!!!
    It must be my subconscious saying that I wished I had returned this summer

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
      You might also be fooled by the first line of text in post #811. The year there should say 2011....
      I saw that too... and thought it was very strange... well, there is an explanation behind everything...

Maybe Lady C tried fooling us making us think she had been here this year, so that she doesn't seem too far behind on her photos....
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Hahaha that would NOT have been a good strategy at all!!!!! If I HAD been in Norway I would now be even FURTHER behind that I already am!

Actually I am not feeling at all stressed by “behind” –it is very nice to just dip into my photo files and choose to do something for CVF that fits with my mood. Before I get distracted by NX once again I’m preparing more Thailand next, pakarang.
        Ummm now I’m really OT in the Kristiansund thread of all places, having posted the Thai restaurant photos here already!

Comment

Kristiansund saw the next to last call from a cruiseship this year today.
          This time, as last time, it was BOUDICCA which payed us a visit, and as she came in 11:30, and my lunch wasn't until 12:00...., it was just one thing to do; grab my camera and leave work (Thanks, boss!! )

I always like it when our little sundbåt RAPP comes into the frame

And the famous view

I've edited the pictures at work, and even if I use the same programme as home, the pictures looks like they are of a slightly lower quality than usual.
          I suspect it has to do with the type of screen...., I don't know.
          Last edited by Sterkoder; August 22nd, 2012, 21:52.
          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

On her stern, BOUDICCA had an orcestra playing lively music as she came sliding into our harbour. One gets in good mood when something like this happen!!!!

Comment

Nice pictures in difficult light conditions. And yes! Rapp definitely must be part of a Kristiansund-Cruise-Ship-Picture!
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Anyone want to be a sundbåt driver in Kristiansund??
                The company, started in 1876, is in urgent need of captains, or boat drivers, as would be more appropriate.
                Certificate D5 is needed, but have a go..., talk to them to find out if you can do the job. They also need substitute emloyees for holidays, sickness among the ordinary emloyees and so on.

Article from todays newspaper (only in norwegian, but pull out your dictionaries)
                http://www.tk.no/nyheter/article6202688.ece

The sunbåt company is the oldest company in the world for public transportation in continuous service, it is the only company registered as an honorary member of the Norsk Rederiforbund and sunbåten is an icon in Kristiansund (and Norway).
                (Take away the sundbåten, and you have ripped out the heart of Kristiansund)

Comment

Excellent images of the Boudicca Sterkoder...!

The second shot seems to be a bit off, on the focus... but they are all telling images of a time that might not be too common in the near future.

The first image reminds me of a postcard from Kristiansund, that I have somewhere in my boxes.... it was of one of the Royal Viking ships at almost the same place.
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

The second shot seems to be a bit off, on the focus...
                    Yeah..., saw that too..., at least the right part of the picture.
                    I used 5 focus-points on this one, mainly focusing on her stern and Sørsundet bridge.
                    That should explain the blurry right part....

Comment

Kristiansund is situated on islands. The smallest one, Innlandet, is called Tahiti..., and we had our Tahitifestival in July.
                      The largest island, Nordlandet, is called Marokko...., and this week-end we have the Marokkofestival going on.
                      (Tonight, Chris Thompson of the Manfred Mann Earth Band is performing)

Comment

Thursday afternoon we opened the meeting season 2012 2. half in the Norwegian Shipping History Society Nordmøre here in Kristiansund.
                        The first meeting took us to Mellemværftet yard and 5 of the veteran boats were open for us to take a closer look.

RS ERIK FARUP

Drivers position

Wheelhouse windows

Owner

Comment

FRIMANN

Forecastle entrance of FRIMANN

FRIMANN as seen from ERIK FARUP

REIS

Comment

RS CHRISTIANSUND

Nicely restored interior of CHRISTIANSUND. Except for a beautiful picture of the Norwegian legend Erik Bye, this was how the crew lived

Comment

Then we have one of Kristiansund icons, fireboat SLUKK II from 1939.
                              This is not a boat, rather a huge firepump with a hull around it..., as they say.

Comment

After this we had coffe and stories inside the Mellemværftet. Quite a successful meeting

Comment

Working...
                                X