This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Kristiansund

The arriving hurtigrute POLARLYS looks like this from the spot at the place called Bjørnehaugen. (How could I never have been here before...???? ).

Had to try my Samsung 10-17mm fisheye. Then it all looked like this...
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

The large yellow building there is Allanengen elementary school.
      It's built in jugend style in 1919.
      You can also see the white sharp roof constructions of Kirkelandet church built in 1964 and the Varden tower.
      The first concrete tower at this hight was built in 1892, but was dismanteled in 1976. Todays tower was built in 1982.

The Kaibakken main street, Pier and to the right, the City Hall.
      If you need a coffee (any type, as the place has a barista employed) or snack, the Onkel og Vennene Hans (Uncle and His Friends) is in that green building there on the left. Aplace with a great harbour view!

POLARLYS is departing southbound on time

Meet up with GRIPEKSPRESSEN, the boat taking visitors to and from the famous small society far out in the ocean outside Kristiansund; Grip.

Comment

Gee, that's a fantastic spotter place, and Kristiansund looks splendid from up there. Promise to show us more!
        Looking forward to see some more tele of the incoming ships.

Comment

Yes, Tommi..., it was (is) a great place to view the city. Thanks!!

I hope to use this spot more frequently in the future, and when the numbers are soon up this year, cruiseship arrivals and/or departures will be obvious images.
          When they arrive early, the low morning sun illuminates the city in the most beautiful way...., as you might have seen from early morning pictures from Kristiansund before.

Comment

It is so exciting to see the views from your new spotterplace! In that area, I found my way up to the storm signal when I was visiting last year, but I don’t seem to have posted the photos!!!…(I’m a bit puzzled as I know I had an interesting link to info about the storm signal, but I can’t find that either!). Anyway, I will at least look up the photos (they are more the interesting walk to get there than the view as the weather was not the best that day).

Comment

i hope you had ask Swire to place a cabine there for as workoffice?
              a place where you wil never go there.
              is Kristiansund also lighted Svein?
              best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                i hope you had ask Swire to place a cabine there for as workoffice?
                a place where you wil never go there.
                is Kristiansund also lighted Svein?
                Yes, the sign is illuminated..., and you can see the spotlights (5) in image 4 of post #800 (if you count the symbols meaning as an image).
                As far as that cabin from Swire is concerned...., that will be harder than to bring world peace to the humanity....

Comment

i didn't seen the lamps,but i was more revering as if the latters are lighted by themself,such as those from the
                  just name one the ss NORWAY.

so there is no chance the we wil see you as a contender in a beauty contest.
                  (they always go for world peace)
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

so there is no chance the we wil see you as a contender in a beauty contest.
                    (they always go for world peace)
                    Hahaha..., nope. But you see, beauty comes from within, so...
                    (I guess I have an ok enough deal, when my boss say I can have time off if a cruiseship has an 8 o'clock arrival..., and I really need to take its pictures).

The letters are all cut in steel (or maybe aluminium), so there's no chanse of internal light there.

Comment

a great boss,be frugal at him.
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

A walk in Nordlandet

Here are my photos from Nordlandet which were taken on 11 July 2011 which I now realise I haven’t posted earlier.
                        I had taken the sundbåt from the island Innlandet where I was staying, but the first photo that morning was taken on Nordlandet and shows an interesting looking fish shop!

My first objective was Nordlandet church, which Sterkoder has told us about and which is so familiar to you all from photographs around the harbour or perhaps when viewed from a visiting hurtigrute. Although the church was not open, it was a wonderful experience for me to walk up to and around it. The church was built with stone that was quarried from the site. Yet it’s as if it is perched on a pedestal when you get up close to it.
                        Last edited by Seagull; August 5th, 2012, 08:10. Reason: oops, corrected date!

Comment

A reminder that the church was consecrated in the year 1914 is seen above the door, a fine example of sturdy Norwegian “jugendstil” architecture.

Comment

Comment

Heading back along Nergata, I past a charming sculpture surrounded by colourful flowers, though I like this detail photo of it best.
                              The road turns uphill into Dalegata, and soon on my left is the small park where I took my next photo, which is also of a sculpture. Bears! Donated by Arne O. Hansen, it’s dated 1970, the work of sculptor Tore Bjørn Skjølsvik.

Comment

I am in my element walking along Dalegata! Some might think just an ordinary street in many ways, yet with a wealth of interest. More on my return…

Comment

Working...
                                X