Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Kristiansund

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    Anyone out there with a deck officer certificate class 5D or higher??

If so, you're eligible to apply for a position as captain on a sundbåt in Kristiansund. They need one fast.

Announcement:

With a D1 unlimited license I MIGHT be qualified....
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

After a sunny day it's snowing heavily here in Kristiansund now.
      I'm so fed up with snow that I'm almost turning sick.
      Here's a picture I took near the bus terminal 7 hours ago of som e daffodils
      Wonderful illuminations from the back and through the leaves of those... great shot!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Yepp..., just spotted the illumination, stopped my car and took the picture.
        Then I drove on. What the drivers behind me thought...?
        Don't care. Like an italian would say: -"Vatt isa behinda, gotta no interest! "

From the parking space over at Thon Hotel, a relaxing seagull could be seen in our harbour
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Ah a relaxing seagull!!!!! That’s my portrait!!!!

Comment

Don't care. Like an italian would say: -"Vatt isa behinda, gotta no interest! "
            hee a quite from the movie gumball rally,when they start the rally.

ho wait, that was;''what isa behind me ,isa not important''
            Last edited by janihudi; May 13th, 2012, 08:56.
            best regards Thijs

Comment

I never get tired of the sharp morning sunlight here in Kristiansund.
              Here's the sea crane "Uglen" of Ugland Shipping at 6:30 AM Wednesday morning.
              (Don't know why it's here, but it might have something to do with the arrival of the oilrig "Borgland Dolphin" )

Nice city, huh...?

(Pictures of "Borgland Dolphin", check the offshore vessels thread)
              Last edited by Sterkoder; May 22nd, 2012, 22:23.

Comment

That is one MASSIVE crane.... !

Comment

That is one MASSIVE crane.... !
                  I belive I've read some place that the two main hooks lift 600 mT combined.

Now, just found a beautifully made brochure of Kristiansund og Nordmøre Havn IKS.
                  Here's the link to the folder, and in the center spread, you can see a map of where the different quays are, numbered and marked.

http://www.visbrosjyre.no/knhavn/WebView/#/0/

(You might need a webview of some sort installed, I don't know).

Another nicely done folder is the one called 'Product Manual - Cruise. Kristiansund - Atlantic Road'

http://www.visitkristiansund.com/Glo..._A4_Lavopp.pdf
                  Last edited by Sterkoder; May 27th, 2012, 16:40.

Comment

Vågen in Kristiansund viewing toward south straight across the harbour, out Markussundet outlet and to Frei in the far back.
                    Nordlandet church to the left, "Kong Harald" and the city center to the right

A roof I pictured while waiting for the hurtigrute to reverse out of the quay

The anchor of "Stella" and the Pier. A veteran Morgan came into the picture, making it a bit better

Comment

Not exactly like the Flatiron building in New York, but we have a small building in Kristiansund that goes under the name Strykejernet (Flat iron)

And could I ever get the background to be just as sharp as the motif in front!!
                      Anyway, here's the colourful sign of a glass workshop in the middle of the city, the same place as the souvenir shop

Not far from this shop, at the Pier, is the chartervessel "Hagbart Waage" (she had the same name when operating as a NSSR-vessel)
                      Last edited by Sterkoder; May 28th, 2012, 21:26.

Comment

Not far from this shop, at the Pier, is the chartervessel "Hagbart Waage" (she had the same name when operating as a NSSR-vessel)

This is my favorite image, and that is because I think this is such an elegant vessel... a very seaworthy yacht, and rescue vessel.

Comment

"Anne Margrethe" crossing the harbour today, and the sign àla Hollywood in the background celebrates Kristiansund Atletklubbs 100 years annivercary.
                          The signal flags on board "Anne Margrethe" is due to the fact that our city received what will be a harbour icon today.
                          The new replica of the old sundbåt ferry "Framnæs" was given her name in a seremony at the Pier.

Today there was also a corps festival here, and here comes the Byåsen Musikkorps down the Kaibakken

From Brasserie Bache Bar & Restaurant towards the Pier

Comment

Then we have "Framnæs".
                            This sundbåt ferry will not be operated as a regular sundbåt, but she will be available for charter and other such occations.
                            Her permanent moorings will be besides the former NSSR vessel "Hagbart Waage" and there are talks now about calling the floating dock "Framnæskaia" or "Framnæspiren".

Last edited by Sterkoder; June 17th, 2012, 13:43.

Comment

Nordlandet as seen from inside the cabin of "Framnæs"

I think someone has mounted this clock in a hurry, or they haven't quite understood the roman numbers. The clock is ten to twelve, not five past three...
                              (And since when did the roman number 4 became IIII??? It should be IV )

The old engine telegraph.

Ship bell. Could be polished for the occation, but anyway...

Fore- or aft (depends on which way shes sailing) drivers cabin

ID of the maker
                              Last edited by Sterkoder; June 17th, 2012, 02:20.

Comment

They do really nice work at Klevset!

Sundbåt "Angvik" which all citizens wonder why had to be designed in Bergen and built in Poland. Look at "Framnæs"...., a small shipyard in a Norwegian fjord is more than capable to built beautiful vessels.
                                Last edited by Sterkoder; June 16th, 2012, 21:32.

Comment

Working...
                                X