Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Kristiansund

Thanks, Ivy!
    I've looked into the Borgenes "new" web-pages, and I see they now say Norways last surviving steam trawler, so...
    But anyway, "Borgenes" was never a drifter, so who knows.
    "Lydia Eva" looks like a nicely restored vessel though

Link (and going through 'Bildealbum' top left column, I see they'd have a huge job, had they desided to carry on): http://www.steamtraaleren-borgenes.com/22262998
    Last edited by Sterkoder; April 10th, 2012, 07:16.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Mount Reinsfjell (994 meters), snow covered, bathing in evening sun.
      Antenna towers are used for tv, radio and communication.
      This is in this thread because it is a very destinct view from the city toward south. Picture taken with a 200mm lense from my house.

Could this motif be framed and put on my wall...? Hmmmm, yepp, think so.

Comment

Yes definetely, that would make a great wall panorama.

Comment

I love the views of Reinsfjell, and it’s specially lovely in this evening light with the colours of the snow. And it’s a very me kind of image…in fact I was just preparing one of my daily photos showing the local hills here after a recent snowfall, in similar light.

Yes definitely frameable…just a bit afraid it might be replacing Pooh Bear though….

Comment

The nice weather continued today here in Kristiansund, and it was time for yet another walk together with my Pentax.
            Here's the stern of supply vessel "Far Seeker" in front of the building housing the Nordmøre Museum and Petrosenteret (Ducomentation center for the oil and gas age in Kristiansund)

From Mellemværftet ship yard from the 1800's, the more modern ship repair yard Kristiansund mek. across the bay looked like this today, with parts of the old fire boat "Slukk II" in the foreground to the left. On the slipway is the fishing boat "Trønderhav"

On the slipway at Mellemværftet is the cutter "Tvende Brødre"

Over at the quay at Arnulf Øverland Gallery near the Thon Hotel at Innlandet, I got the first sign of spring

Lifting my eyes from the quay concrete to the harbour, I spotted "Kong Harald" through the rigging of "Anne Margrethe"

And what do you know...., the sunlight was just about right to finally get a picture of our locals from the outside in Hauggata. The place belongs to Norwegian Shipping History Society Nordmøre, in which I got elected the societys secretary Thursday

Comment

Great compositions Sterkoder ! I especially like #745:1, 3 and 6. Congratulations to the secretary ! That's a honourfull post.

Comment

#745/1 Like Far Seeker against the blocks and shapes of the buildings
                #741/3 Great angle of buildings and mast
                #741/6 Absolutely the right moment for this light on this!
                …and secretary!…always a most crucial role in any club and organisation and, as Tommi says, a great honour. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                  Mount Reinsfjell (994 meters), snow covered, Could this motif be framed and put on my wall...? Hmmmm, yepp, think so.
                  odd,this on your bedroom wall ,while you hated winter.
                  i rather go for a spring or summer vieuw.
                  that there is still snow in norway ,while we can sit outside already
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

Well, I'm not the one connecting the image to my bedroom wall.
                    Anyway, I belive Pooh will be around for some time after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                      Well, I'm not the one connecting the image to my bedroom wall.
                      Anyway, I belive Pooh will be around for some time after all.

….but I’m glad to hear it!!!!! To quote a favourite line from AA Milne:
                      "Are we going to be friends forever? Asked Piglet. Even longer, Pooh answered."

Comment

"Our" lighthouse here in Kristiansund is Grip.
                        This lighthouse was built in 1888 and is 44 meters high, and the distance from the city is about 16 kilometers.

Just as far from the city the other way, towards south, is Gjemnessundet suspention bridge
                        Last edited by Sterkoder; April 27th, 2012, 22:20.

Comment

Kristiansund has just seen the last day of Nordic Light Intl. Festival of Photography 2012, and during this years festival, leader of the office of concept and innovation of Nokia in nSan Francisco Hans Peter Brøndmo, showed the telephone Nokia 808 PureView.
                          The camera in the phone can be zoomed digitaly without loosing quality, and Brøndmo made the 360 degree view from the Pier in Kristiansund with it. Mr. Brøndmo is the man sitting down with his orange shoes

360 link: http://www.tk.no/billedserier/panora...cle6037412.ece

Comment

Anyone out there with a deck officer certificate class 5D or higher??

If so, you're eligible to apply for a position as captain on a sundbåt in Kristiansund. They need one fast.

Announcement:

Last edited by Sterkoder; April 30th, 2012, 23:05.

Comment

18mm on my 18-200 lense make it possible to take images like this of Vågekaia to the left, via Nordmørskaia, Kystekspressen HSC quay, to Devoldholmen and the hurtigrute quay to the right.

Turning the other way it lloked like a youth invation. Managed to get 4 of the 6.

Comment

After a sunny day it's snowing heavily here in Kristiansund now.
                                I'm so fed up with snow that I'm almost turning sick.
                                Here's a picture I took near the bus terminal 7 hours ago of som e daffodils

Comment

Working...
                                X