This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    This little friend came up to my car when on a shipspotting "tour" this afternoon.... My special hello from Kristiansund to 'Seagull' then...
    I’m clearly pleased that the smart black livery of my tail feathers was looking good for the photograph!

Comment

Oh, you know....., many in Kristiansund don't like seagulls, mostly because they say the birds are noisy, greedy and what not...

This being some kind of a trademark bird for our town, I like it, and in fact belive it is a rather beautiful bird....., but that's me.
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I called this beautiful bird my friend last time, but now I'm sure.
        This seagull comes up to my car and land beneath the driver window just a few minutes after I park at that spotterplace..., every time.
        I'll call him/her 'Seagull'...., in tribute to you know who....

And we have some nice time together, here spotting the newly painted sundbåt "Rapp" in the afternoon sunshine....

©S. Ludvigsen

Comment

....I'll call him/her 'Seagull'...., in tribute to you know who....[/IMG]
          Well you see, I had to send in a substitute because I won’t be stopping over in Kristiansund on my forthcoming trip . Maybe this one is actually my clone as she’s so clearly appreciating such a nice spotter-place. And you can tell she really fancies “Rapp” – that new paintwork goes so well with her plumage and has a beak-matching funnel . . .

Comment

A very "pretty" bird,your Seagull!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well, the following image is not actually showing Kristiansund, but seen from Frei, the newest part of Kristiansund towards south.
              This is Reinsfjell with its tv-, radio- and com-masts at little over 900 meters getting ready for a summer storm five days ago.
              The storm is getting stronger behind the mountain, with thunder and lightning, and the ocean fog is getting in between me and the mountain. The picture was taken from my home, and 3 minutes after this, the mountain was completly covered in fog and clouds. The weather change fast.

Comment

Don't seem to find the old thread about our homes...., so let me just post this little detail here, since it's growing out of a tree in Kristiansund and more spesific at the terrace of my home

A nice little spruce cone. (Looks very much like there are birch leaves growing there though).
                Last edited by Sterkoder; July 25th, 2009, 14:21.

Comment

I think our dear S has achieved a brand new level in photographic excellence which I certainly like seeing... Congratulations S !
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you so much, Jan-Olav! I try my best, sometimes it's planned and sometims it might be pure luck.
                    This week-end we have all the worlds best skiers, both men and women, here in Kristiansund. They started in the past week in Aure, about 45 km north east of Kristiansund, and now we have the "circus" here...
                    The hole thing is called 'Toppidrettsveka 2009' (I'll try to translate: 'TopSport Week 2009') and for those of you (mainly norwegians) who can receive the tv channel TV2, you can see a report tonight at TV2 between 18:00 and 18:30.
                    I saw the report yesterday, and it was a fantastic report from Kristiansund, in good and sunny weather.

We have some more clouds today, but here are some pictures from the city, with "Viking Lady" in the harbour as a background for the tv cameras

Don't know the capacity (no, really.., I don't), but somewhere in the neighbourhood of 1200-1500m³/hour would be a good guess as any, I would think...

Start and Finish for the rollerskiers was down at the Pier. You see sundbåten "Rapp", former NSSR vessel "Stavanger" (Open Ship today, as she leaves later this evening to sail to Sjøfartsmuseet at Bygdøy to be displayed together with the polar vessel "Fram", "Gjøa", "Kon-Tiki" and others. This is the only totally 100% original vessel left of the old NSSR Colin Archers, so she will be placed on dry land), and former NSSR vessel "Christiansund"

Here's a link to a local page where you can see pictures of her leaving Kristiansund: http://www.brunsvika.net/index.php?o...=5108&Itemid=1

LN-OEN of Bergen Helicopters was hired to take care of the tv pictures from the air. Some spectacular photos from Kristiansund will be used in the intro to the tv show tonight.

My first time picture ever from the Nordsundet bridge

A picture where you see the Nordsundet and the Nordholmen just under me, and a kind of "panoramic"
                    picture of the city and harbour from east towards west

All pictures: ©S. Ludvigsen

Here's a link to Toppidrettsveka (also in english if you push the upper right button once inside): http://www.toppidrettsveka.no/
                    Last edited by Sterkoder; August 9th, 2009, 20:15.

Comment

Superb images... the close up of the bow with water spray is really nice!
                      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Don't know the capacity (no, really.., I don't), but somewhere in the neighbourhood of 1200-1500m³/hour would be a good guess as any, I would think...
                        She has class notation: FiFi 1 so the capacity should be 2400 Cbm/hr. (Min. 2 monitors, 1200 Cbm/hr. each)

Comment

Thank you, 'ombugge'!
                          Didn't find any FiFi info on "Viking Lady", but I see my guess was not far off then...., only forgot to multiplie by 2

Comment

Some fishery took place in the secondary harbour in Kristiansund early this morning. This took place just outside the docks at Vestbase, and without knowing for sure, I belive it could be herring.
                            The boat to the right, M-110-SM is "Ny-Viking" from veidholmen north of Kristiansund. N-110SM is a fishing-ID and stands for M: Møre- and Romsdal county, 110: individual vessel number, SM: Smøla (the local place in the county).

When driving to work at 0700AM, I spotted something I first thought was some kind of a barge, but since I didn't see any tow or tug, I got curious.
                            Since I spotted from about 12 nautical miles, I tried to drive a bit closer, but could only get as "close" as 9 nautical, so therefore the picture is of bad quality.
                            This is one of the 6 Royal Norwegian Navy submarines of the ULA-class.
                            This is a 59x5,4x4,6 meter sub with a crew of 21, able to do 11 knots surfaced and 20 knots submerged.
                            The 6 submarines in the fleet are KNM Ula, KNM Utsira, KNM Utstein, KNM Utvær, KNM Uthaug and KNM Uredd. Obviously I'm not able to tell which one this is.

EDIT : And I belive this edit is a bit interesting. The other red fisherboat there is "Hans R" and they are hunting for herring just a couple of kilometers from the city center, and just 100 meters outside the huge oilfield service base Vestbase. Today they had to release their catch due to small herring, but last Saturday these two vessels got 100 tonnes of herring in that area. They sold it for NOK 2,- pr. kilo to a factory in Ålesund making herringoil and herring dry powder, or whatever it's called in english.
                            Not many cities along the coast that offer 100+ tonnes of 260 gram first class herring in its back yard...
                            Last edited by Sterkoder; August 18th, 2009, 00:44.

Comment

Obviously I'm not able to tell which one this is.
                              I don't believe you

LOL

Why are they all named beginning with "U "??????

Comment

Why are they all named beginning with "U "??????
                                Because 'submarine' is 'undervann' in norwegian, 'vann' obviously being 'water'.
                                So, a submarine is a 'undervannsbåt' (underwater boat) and therefore all names beginning with U.

As for which vessel this is, I can't tell. (Military craft, you know...).

EDIT: Ok then, since it's you.... (but don't tell anyone else): It is u-boat #S300 KNM "Ula". (KNM being the equivalent to your USS. KNM stands for Kongelige (Royal) Norske (Norwegian) Marine (Navy)
                                Last edited by Sterkoder; August 18th, 2009, 09:41.

Comment

Working...
                                X