Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Kristiansund

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    The local newspaper has made a 360° view of Kristiansund in the link below.
    You'll recognice the city and harbour towards west, airport and mountains toward south, the disc of a VOR (ENKB VOR at frequency 113.80 mHz) an aircraft navigational aid and Tustna toward east and naturally Grip on the horizon toward north and the North-Atlantic ocean
    (Wait until the view loads, then use the arrow knobs to move around, zoom and what not)

Link: http://www.tk.no/billedserier/panora...cle5974430.ece
    Nicely done... I've never been to that viewpoint.

Must admit though, I had a laugh at the photo-bag being caught in the image as well.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I know there's a special Nordic Light thread in here, but as I love my city so much, I'll place the link with statements from world-renowned photographers about Kristiansund here.
      (Other short videos from Nordic Light in the right column inside the link)

http://vimeo.com/36546361
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

The local newspaper runs a competition in making the best short movie from our city.

Here's a video (timelaps) found on YouTube, made by three 8-graders (13-14 years old I guess) and the music is by the vocalist in Dance With A Stranger, Øyvind Elgenes, or just ELG, as he's called.
        (From 3:30 there's much hurtigrute, as "Finnmarken" arrives)

Comment

Harbour boat (sundbåten) "Nordsund" put ashore near Thon Hotel at Innlandet, where the hotel will use it for small gatherings and it is also in fact a sundbåt museum.

In the city center, there is an old music pavillion.
          In bad shape today, and widely used by the cities "loose birds" as a shelter.
          Last consert I saw on this stage, was a show with norwegian singer-songwrighter and showman Øystein Sunde. It must've been back in the 1970s

Comment

The local newspaper runs a competition in making the best short movie from our city.

Here's a video (timelaps) found on YouTube, made by three 8-graders (13-14 years old I guess) and the music is by the vocalist in Dance With A Stranger, Øyvind Elgenes, or just ELG, as he's called.
            (From 3:30 there's much hurtigrute, as "Finnmarken" arrives)

Very nice timelapse from a beautiful city... thank you so very much for sharing Sterkoder... the song on the movie fit so well!

The best part was the Finnmarken arriving (naturally).

PS: That stage, where is that located in Kristiansund...? I do remember it vaguely from my time living in your city, but I can't for the love of God remember where it is located...

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Deleted by self due to double posting.
              (This is a result of fingering with my little IPhone trying to copy image links to paste and so on)
              Last edited by Sterkoder; March 26th, 2012, 22:40.

Comment

PS: That stage, where is that located in Kristiansund...? I do remember it vaguely from my time living in your city, but I can't for the love of God remember where it is located...
                That is located at a place called Kirketomta, where our grand wooden main church stood before it got destroyed and we built that white swany one further up towards the Vanndamman in 1964.
                The old wooden church were bombed by german planes in April 1940. Looked like this before that:

You find the pavillion by driving down Langveien, turn right at the trafficlight to go up Olav V's gate to face Festiviteten.
                But don't drive all the way up, take the first left into a parkinglot at Kirketomta just after the trafficlights.
                (I suspect it's better if you use Google Earth or something).
                Last edited by Sterkoder; March 27th, 2012, 06:49.

Comment

I like that small time-lapse movie. It captures the most aspects that I love with small cities. Especially about small cities located at the sea.

Comment

You find the pavillion by driving down Langveien, turn right at the trafficlight to go up Olav V's gate to face Festiviteten. But don't drive all the way up, take the first left into a parkinglot at Kirketomta just after the trafficlights. (I suspect it's better if you use Google Earth or something).
                    Thanks Sterkoder... found it by using gulesider... not exactly where I THOUGHT I had seen it... my memory is not what it used to be...

Comment

Just had to get out today..., had to!
                      And luckily, the nature had desided to give us a few hours of sunshine here in snowy Kristiansund today.
                      I parked my car down at the sundbåt dock at Innlandet, down by the Dødeladen/tahiti-area not fra from the Thon Hotel, and walked my way up to the Bauta with the cannons you might remember from the "Shtandart" visit a couple of years back.

A heavy snowshower is passing out in the ocean, making this dark blue colour in the background

Vestbase as seen from the Bauta.

Comment

Just had to get out today..., had to!

A heavy snowshower is passing out in the ocean, making this dark blue colour in the background
                        And I'm glad you did, because this is a beautiful shot! Love the dark clouds behind the city... you should send it to Brunsvika.net as well!

Comment

Did a short walk in the city again today, this time just a couple of hundred meters around the area of the bus terminal in the city center.
                          On the hill there, barely visible, are two norwegian flags on the Bauta (where I was Friday). Today is a national flag day, Easter day, so that's the reason.
                          In the foreground, "Island Challenger".

Bus terminal quiet today

As you can see, a rather quiet city. After almost 10 days off, I'm kind of looking forward to get back to work Tuesday....., get rid of the snow, and make way for SPRING!!!!!!

Comment

The group, or should I say man, behind "Borgenes", the last surviving steam trawler in the world and originaly built as HMS "Cailiff", has disided to get rid of the vessel.
                            The Riksantikvaren visited a couple of weeks ago, and after a thorrow inspection, they desided that the project would be too expencive and that they would now plug the hole for this one.
                            The vessel is up for sale for the sum of NOK 1,- (one) or it will be sent away for cutting
                            A couple of pictures taken today, monday 9th April, to show the sate the miserable boat is in.
                            (If anyone from the Canadian Navy Heritage Society reed this, I guess all you have to do is to come over and collect the remains. I seem to remember a two-page article in the norwegian Maritime Magazine in 2007 that you were very eager to get it).

Comment

you see this more and more, they want it,they want restore it,but mostly there is no money for it,and want to get rid of it.

they ask just a simbolic price for it,because they know it will cost them much more for quay, towing and scarapping.
                              but there is just one who cries,the vessel.
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

The group, or should I say man, behind "Borgenes", the last surviving steam trawler in the world and originaly built as HMS "Cailiff", has disided to get rid of the vessel.
                                We have the Lydia Eva at Great Yarmouth, Svein. She's the last surviving steam herring drifter but also trawled for other fish. I went over her last year, but it was too difficult to take photos as there were too many people about to get a decent shot, and she is very small. But I'll go again soon.
                                http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1890755
                                http://www.angliaafloat.co.uk/herita...mouth_1_860615
                                Last edited by wherrygirl; April 9th, 2012, 23:41.
                                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Working...
                                X