Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Kristiansund

Very interesting...
    ...pictures, paintings and posters on the walls behind you!
    There's a drawing of something that seems to be a military ship? And a old photo from past days showing a lot of smaller sail ships. Seems to be a great place.

Comment

Yes, Tommi, it's a rather interesting location we got there. Now it has become too small, and we're on the look out for a bigger place preferably down by the docks. The location is filled with pictures, paintings and drawings and we have the largest library of maritime and shipping books and magazines. The drawings there are from a submarine and what I remember must be the 'Tirpitz'.
      I'll take some pictures next time I'm there...

So, to your post #664:
      We don't have a downtown here. What you see there is the main island of the four on which Kristiansund is built, Kirkelandet.
      Now you must find the book and learn about the other small islands
      In that case, I guess you could compare Kirkelandet to a downtown.

Then you spotted the gatukök of mr. Svensson. Don't know if he has swedish blood in his vanes, but I can guarantee his fish & chips!!!
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Stormy and snowy weather in Kristiansund this 4th December.
        Many vessels in harbour, some presented in own and suitable threads, some here...
        Behind the bow of "Fugro Searcher", a selection of vessels alongside Vågekaia

"Havila Borg" sailing from the hurtigrute quay to Vestbase.

"Coastal Enterprise" of Den Helder. (Thijs, the flag is to your honor)
        Last edited by Sterkoder; December 4th, 2011, 20:16.

Comment

"Norden" (built in Hardanger in 1891 as a sailing vessel) just off the slipway at Kristiansund Mek.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
            "Coastal Enterprise" of Den Helder. (Thijs, the flag is to your honor)
            thank you svein.
            i wonder that they go with such a little ship al the way to Norway

al i have to do ,is wait for the ''south'' coming to Rotterdam
            Last edited by janihudi; December 4th, 2011, 20:35.
            best regards Thijs

Comment

Hello Svein
              I just wanted to congratulate you with a fantastic presentation, and as I've mentioned before, you're a great role model for your town.

Beautiful pictures as well.

Comment

So super to see the photos of you at your lecture. Sterkoder.
                And also to see the latest picture posts from you and Tommi. I think it was only when I actually stayed a few days in Kristiansund that I really appreciated fully just how much the harbour itself is the real “city centre”. Oh, and just look at Svensson’s…now there’s another reason to return…well, having been brought up in the best fish and chip town in the north of England, I really ought to sample this!

Comment

I'm crawling around in my old on-line galleries and I think that I have not posted these shots from Kristiansund before.

A classic Hurtigruten wide-angle approach photo.

Slow boating.

Old stuff.

New stuff.

The steam trawler Borgenes.

One of the local ferries is racing with Trollfjord while that route still was operated.

Comment

Nice addition to this thread, Tommi...., thank you!!!
                    Strange, but automatically I look around in your images to see if I spot the 'Sterkoder spottermobil'.

When that ferry from Kristiansund to Bremsnes (Averøy) was operational, she was scheduled to leave the city at 17:05. As the hurtigrute (when on time) had their departure at 17:00, there were often a "race" out Sørsundet
                    Last edited by Sterkoder; December 21st, 2011, 08:04. Reason: spelling error discovered

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post

Old stuff.
                      Is this dock-house still there Sterkoder?

The steam trawler Borgenes.
                      What is the latest news on this old veteran....? I remember Sterkoder wrote about it, but it's been a while since I've seen any update on her current status.

Hopefully, she will be, or have been saved from a much less glorious fate.
                      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I'm crawling around in my old on-line galleries and I think that I have not posted these shots from Kristiansund before.

A classic Hurtigruten wide-angle approach photo.
                        This image works very well, Tommi... very interesting - and very appealing - perspective!
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

About post #675:

Yes, the dock-house is still there...., also the yellow one. These are together with Hjelkrembrygga (Klippfish museum) part of Nordmøre Museum.

As far as "Borgenes" goes....., it's a sad story.
                          For one, all here understand that this vessel should have been restored and taken care of. It's this countrys only remaining steam propelled side-trawler AND it was registered in Kristiansund.

The thing is, the ship is handed over to a group of private persons and there are no economical fundings around.
                          The Riksantikvaren is interested, but only gives small sums each year, enough to usually cover for one visit on the slipway.

There's not a person in this city who dare to be a part of this restauration, because the Kristiansund kommune has also pulled out and they proclaim that IF the ship sink when moored, the private persons involved would be responsible in every way to bring it afloat and get rid of it.
                          To say it in a short way: "Borgenes" has been the 'laughingstock' of this city.

Comment

Went out to buy some Christmas presents today, found only one, and had some time to use my camera in the darkness. Or rather; try to use my camera...
                            Not completely satisfied myself, but here are a few images from Vågen starting with the two Christmas decorated car ferries "Bolsøy" and "Veøy"

The central leisure craft area of the city

Vågen viewing south towards the harbour

Former sundbåt "Nordsund", now put ashore close to Thon Hotel and is now a Sundbåt museum and a place where the hotel can have small conferences, meetings, kick-offs and such.
                            Opened by the Mayor last week.

City center with the AMFI shopping mall and its parking house (marked red HM in the middle, hardly readable)
                            Last edited by Sterkoder; December 20th, 2011, 23:30.

Comment

Great mood pictures from the christmas darkness in Kristiansund, Sterkoder

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                                ....Or rather; try to use my camera...
                                Not completely satisfied myself, but here are a few images from Vågen...
                                Dear Sterkoder…I did look at these stunning night shots while I was away, but thought I should wait to see them big screen before commenting…but I STILL can’t understand what on earth you aren’t “completely satisfied with”!!!!!

You even got the starburst lights!

Comment

Working...
                                X