This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Kristiansund

Why is the song "Movie Star" ringing in my head this morning....
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
      Why is the song "Movie Star" ringing in my head this morning....
      Haven't got a clue..., but like any other huge star, it's quite ok to hide the face every now and then

(But honestly..., how many seconds was that again??)
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
        ....(But honestly..., how many seconds was that again??)
        Doesn't take many to spot the star...
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I know the time difference can seem confusing Svein, as you alluded to in the Seagull away thread...but it's evening just before dinner as I write this, and that means TOMORROW is the day of your lecture! So just to wish you the very best...your audience are very privileged indeed.

Comment

Yes, you're correct.
            My lecture will start in about 30 hours...

Thank you for thinking about it

Comment

My lecture tonight at the Norwegian Shipping Historical Society, called 'Walking along the docks of Kristiansund with a camera' (direct translation), was a complete success!!

I had made a lecture about ship photography and some additional pictures and info to last for 35-40 minutes.
              Of course, I could not stop talking, and there were so many questions from old captains, and other seamen, that I was not finished until 1,5 hours had passed....

Many showed interest by contacting me afterwards, to get detail images, images shown on the lecture, info, and so on.
              One old captain (Cecilia: the charming old guy) would like to get a certain picture of "Shtandart", as he would like to try and build it in a bottle...

Y'all should've been there...., it was great!
              (I'm not selfishly talking about myself, but the hole setting)

Comment

Congratulations!! It seems you establish yourself in town as a person interested in the history of your surrounding. I think this can be so interesting in the future, because there is more to come like this. And with the cooperation of other interested people you will have a stunning time and i expect, that you all will have a big influence on the cultural life of you town. I could even see you organizing a veteran ship meeting in your town...
                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

I could even see you organizing a veteran ship meeting in your town...
                  Thank you for nice words, and yes, I can see myself together with others organizing such a meeting.
                  In fact, we talked about it over coffee last night, as the 4-5 'hard core' people sat behind until almost midnight.
                  We talked about doing something to involve our harbour, and used Havnedagene in Haugesund as an example.
                  In Haugesund, several members of the local dept. of Norwegian Shipping Historical Society - Haugalandet, participate in the Havnedagene arrangement.

But, this will be a large task and a dream one can have for years to come...

Comment

So i suggested right...

I have made the experience that it is so much fun to meet people with high engagement for their hometown and it's history.
                    You have a common interest and searching for old facts is a bit like detective work. Most people are really open for question about their background.

Yes, and you need that dream and it will sooner come true as you think.
                    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

I'm thrilled to hear that the lecture was such a success....but I must add that I am not at all surprised! it pleases me enormously to see how your enthusiasm for ships has combined in this way with your newer enthusiasm for photography, Svein. And now I am also sure that this is just the beginning of many more śuch exciting things in the future, as Ralf has also said. CONGRATULATIONS!

Interesting you mentioned that harbour day in Haugesund, because when I was there last year at the time of Korsfjord's arrival, some people in the hotel were telling me about that, and then when I visited Kristiansund I actually thought there should be something similar. The harbour is so absolutely the centre of the city and is so central to local history and culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                        Thank you for nice words, and yes, I can see myself together with others organizing such a meeting.
                        In fact, we talked about it over coffee last night, as the 4-5 'hard core' people sat behind until almost midnight.
                        We talked about doing something to involve our harbour, and used Havnedagene in Haugesund as an example.
                        In Haugesund, several members of the local dept. of Norwegian Shipping Historical Society - Haugalandet, participate in the Havnedagene arrangement.

But, this will be a large task and a dream one can have for years to come...
                        It seems that you've had a smashing evening! That seems so nice, because that positive feeling can really hang on for a long time afterwards.
                        The discussion afterwards seems also that you all have something in the pipe, and I wouldn't be surprised if that really turns into a real happening coming up.

One kind of similar happening that I have thought of visiting is the Hamburg Hafenburtstag in may. That's a really big event, but there might be something there that also could be used in Kristiansund.

Comment

Funny you should mention Hamburg Hafengeburtstag, Tommi.
                          This is an event I've linked to my favourites on my pc, together with Harbourday Hong Kong and Havnedagene i Haugesund.

This is done not for comparison to anything that might surface here in Kristiansund, but to get info and tips on how to do things and so on.

And of course, an event starting from scratch like anything here, (should it happen any time), would have to build in size and might not be much the first time.

Thanks for nice words!
                          Last edited by Sterkoder; November 26th, 2011, 14:06.

Comment

I am so happy to return to this thread this evening with yet more positive feedback from Tommi headed back Sterkoder direction...believe me, it is from such moments and (at the time) apparently random thoughts that THINGS become reality...

Comment

Some pictures of Kristiansund taken when we were passing by for a couple of weeks ago:

Is this perhaps downtown?

Eeh, Svenssons gatukök?

And finally some moodfull harbor lights.

Comment

Fantastic moods from Kristiansund! Thank you so much for captureing it and showing us all, Tommi!!!

Here's a couple of images not quite ment to promote my home town, but since we've talked a little bit about my lecture in Norwegian Shipping Historical Society...

Just finished one hour later than originally planned

And the chairman of the society ment that it all deserved a round of applause

Comment

Working...
                                X