Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Kristiansund

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    This video is not exactly from Kristiansund, but it start out at the city airport.
    New 'brushes' and pilots in our local aeroclub has mounted a camera under the port wing of our plane, a Piper PA-28-181 Cherokee Archer II, reg. LN-NPO.
    I'm more or less out of the business now, as the cost of flying around with a PPL is rocketing sky high.
    I miss flying around alone up there, but not at any cost.

Therefore it's nice to se such videos as this.
    The trip start at Kristiansund airport, flying east via Solheimsundet to the island Smøla with Norways largest windmill park.

OH, Sterkoder, please let me express my gratitude for finding this one and for sharing it with me (and all of us).

I loved it VERY much.

Being the same camera as mine, I can clearly see that I can also make a lot more films in the future (especially after reading Ralf's encouraging words in the Trondheim thread today).
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

This post will be dedicated to Sterkoder himself.... did you hear this song, see this video?

http://www.kjendis.no/2011/11/09/kje...ideo/18957223/

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you, thank you!!!

Yes, I saw the programme last night and laughed good

Drive by that place every time I'm going to Averøy, and that is quite a few times during the summertime.

Re. that "aviation video" :
        This is the very same aircraft I used when flying, so if you use your imagination, you can sence that you're out flying with me
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Tomorrow, a large exhibit about the klippfish history of our city open in Kristiansund to be open this Saturday and Sunday and next week-end.
          Entrance fee is NOK 20,- which will be given to the Redningsselskapet in total.

Link to norwegian text about it all and a couple of images:
          http://www.brunsvika.net/startside/a...i-bystyresalen

Special for me, I'm hired to take pictures of the opening ceremony with the vice major and all...., so I guess I would have to brush up on in-door photography
          Last edited by Sterkoder; November 12th, 2011, 00:56.

Comment

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
            Being married to a Norwegian lady I can certainly believe that the girls were the ones that made everything happen!!!
            Yeah, but how to find one?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
              Yeah, but how to find one?
              Mine found me many years ago!!

Then I learnt about Hurtrigruter, the stunning coastline of Norway, Finnmark, reindeer, 1500km drives, King Crabs for tea and the wonderful Scandinavian people!!

Funny how things can change all at once!!
              Last edited by PoloUK; November 12th, 2011, 00:15.
              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Quoting myself from my post #639:
                Special for me, I'm hired to take pictures of the opening ceremony with the vice mayor and all...., so I guess I would have to brush up on in-door photography
                Well, the Mayor nor the vice-mayor showed up today to officially open the exhibition "Med klippfisk under lukene" (Klippfish under the cargo hatches), but a good representative and stand in was the City Councils Mr. Bjarne Elde, who had many nice words to say to the society behind the exhibition, the work being done and message from the Mayor about a surprice from the city to the Norsk Skipsfartshistorisk Selskap - Nordmøre (society making this exhibition)

So, let me start with a picture taken during Mr. Eldes opening speach, and we see th NSS - Nordmøres chairman to the left, Mr. Thor Olav Olsen

The visitors came in big numbers, also while the opening speach was held

An overview of the exhibition from the public area of the City Council

Had to try my 10-17mm fisheye

I have a great respect for the job being done in the NSS - Nordmøre, a society were I myself is also a member, and I want to mention this old captain specially.
                He's doing a great job with waffles and coffee everytime we meet, and it's never 'No' in his mouth when asked to take part in happenings like this.
                Here he sell coffee, older copies of Skipet magazine, theme leaflets, calendars, society memberships and what not.

A map showing the different routes going out from Kristiansund since the dutch Jappe Ippe started the export in 1691 and up until the last ship sailed out from the harbour in the late 1960s early 1970s.

Comment

The bow decoration, gallion figure, of the old schooner "Oscar" which sank on her way to Kristiansund in the early 1890s. Five of her men lost their lives.

Old klippfish boxes of different companies selling this fish here in Kristiansund.
                  These boxes are these days high priced collectors items and very, very hard to get for people interested.
                  Up on the wall to the left are the city shield of Kristiansund, as I thought it would suit the image of these boxes well...

The painting showing the work of klippfish workers on the rocks around the city is for sale. One can bid on it during the two weekends of the exhibition, and the starting price is NOK 4.000,-.
                  Made by a local artist from Kristiansund, Mr. Johan Berthelsen

A selection of exhibition boards, running for a good 50 meters

Black funnels; steamship...., yellow funnel; motorship

Comment

With great gratitude to the two guys from the society behind all this, I end my report from this exhibition with the huge artist handmade carpet on the south wall of the City Council hall

Comment

After my "job" as a photographer in the City Council hall, I went for a walk down by the Storkaia before driving back home.

The channel between the Storkaia road (Arnulf Øverlands Gate) and the quay itself, looking west towards the Sørsundet outlet, Rica Hotel and Jemar-Nordpower boat yard

Turning 180 degrees looking east, we see "Viking Queen" moored

The city cannons on top of the city island Innlandet, on the Bauta area

A mini wooden supply vessel and 'Syver' the Sundbåt for children to play in
                      at Piren (the Pier) .
                      The real sundbåt, "Rapp" in the background

'Syver'

Comment

The real life 'Syver', the sundbåt "Rapp" from 1956 is just starting its way towards Innlandet.
                        Nordlandet, Nordsundet and Tustna in the background

Kristiansund harbour as seen from Piren towards east

Comment

Congratulations on your assignment Sterkoder!

I can easily understand why you were asked, you do have a big talent and you have a keen eye to photographic detail.

You dare to try things and you experiment like a growing photographer: it's always an honor and pleasure to see the results from your daily trips.

Comment

I was enthusing in another thread earlier about the great PR you do for your city, Sterkoder, and here’s more! So interesting to read about this klippfisk exhibition. Those boxes are a delight.
                            And from the point of view of photography, I’m speechless. I would have been terrified if I thought everyone was depending on me to record the occasion in photos. Use of flash and indoor photography in general is definitely not my strong point (amply demonstrated on the recent trip where the others have all taken better photos than mine!). So I’m extra proud of your achievement on this occasion. Practically a professional now!

What a charming old guy manning that stall…altogether I can see what an enthusiastic bunch of folk you have in this society.

Comment

What a charming old guy manning that stall
                              ...and he's in charge of the coffee and waffles during our regular meetings. We're all 'stuffed' when we drive home, so we are that retired captain greatful!!!

Comment

And today, the local tv-channel TKTV had a broadcast from the exhibition.
                                I'll place the link under here, and hope you're all able to watch the video on your pc/mac's.
                                (After about 15:07 minutes, an eager photographer can be spotted in a black jacket in the upper left side of the video frame, close, or rather behind that painting there, and you can spot my white Adidas shoes on the floor there towards the end of the video ).

TKTV (I belive the exhibition start after 13 minutes or so, after the handball broadcast) :

http://www.tk.no/tktv/article5807504.ece
                                Last edited by Sterkoder; November 14th, 2011, 23:37.

Comment

Working...
                                X