This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Kristiansund

WAOW.... I don't think I have ever seen clouds like that. EVER!

At the same time as they are really beautiful, they are also having a spooky edge to them. Like an omen of bad times to come...
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Steinar Melby from Nettstudio AS has made a fenomenal panorama picture of Kristiansund havn taken from Nordlandet and Stormvarselet.
      The panorama is made of 600 pictures of 5 gigapixel each. You can move around in it and zoom like never before and still get clear images.

Click into the link below and move around in Kristiansund harbopur area.
      Markussundet (where all the cruiseships sail in and out to the left), Sørsundet with Sørsundet bridge where hurtigruten sail in and out straight ahead) with Bremsneshatten mountain in the background, and hurtigrute quay and Vågen/Mellemværftet to the right:

http://www.kristiansund.com/

Sample:

Sample of the fantastic zoom capability:
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

What fantastic clouds- what time was sunrise? I'm trying to think how they looked so wonderfully lit?

Comment

Well dear Sterkoder, what can I say…you took some Skyscapes! You were ready to capture the moment...totally spectacularly stunning.
          Like pakarang I am experiencing a “spooky edge” to such beauty…and I think it is because these clouds resemble fingers reaching down….

Comment

In Kristiansund today, we had a visit from...., well...., personally I think it looks like a french flag back there.
            The vessel had an old english classic look too me, her name is "Nirrivik" and she will not be hard to spot at sea

When leaving the docks to go back to my car, I just spotted this log floating around near a boat. Couldn't resist to take a couple of pictures...

Close to my home is Frei church and Freikollen at just over 600 meters in the background

Comment

Couldn't resist an after-lunch peep at CVF...and what fine latest images to this wonderful thread. Well Kristiansund!...Nordnorge is heading in your direction!

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                Steinar Melby from Nettstudio AS has made a fenomenal panorama picture of Kristiansund havn taken from Nordlandet and Stormvarselet.
                The panorama is made of 600 pictures of 5 gigapixel each. You can move around in it and zoom like never before and still get clear images.

Click into the link below and move around in Kristiansund harbopur area.
                Markussundet (where all the cruiseships sail in and out to the left), Sørsundet with Sørsundet bridge where hurtigruten sail in and out straight ahead) with Bremsneshatten mountain in the background, and hurtigrute quay and Vågen/Mellemværftet to the right:

http://www.kristiansund.com/

Sample:

Sample of the fantastic zoom capability:
                indeed a great zoom capability.
                in the harbour is a bleu iveco truck parked for a building,i can read the sign at the building.
                best regards Thijs

Comment

Yes, indeed.
                  Bjerkelund Transport AS is a local company with their head office just some three-four kilometers from my home. Pass them every day to and from work
                  Great thing this panoramic picture. Feels like you're in the city..., in a way...

Comment

you had found that quick
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

A few Kristiansund photos from Summer 2010 to add to the collection. A beautiful place!! Have tried to put the more unusual ones in here.

I've never been anywhere with such attractive drain covers!!

Some beautiful textures on the side of one of the ships parked in the middle of town.

A local - she didn't say much to us.

And the local mass transit system. Apologies Sterkoder - I've managed to remove your 'S' - but I didn't realise the significance when I was there!!

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

A few more K'sund from summer 2010 - boats this time.

Coming off the berth in the high street - looks like he'd run out of coins for the parking meter!

The bus arriving to take us to Molde.

Just loved the riot of colours on Ocean Endeavour.

On the way south.

Last edited by PoloUK; November 10th, 2011, 00:14.
                        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

This video is not exactly from Kristiansund, but it start out at the city airport.
                          New 'brushes' and pilots in our local aeroclub has mounted a camera under the port wing of our plane, a Piper PA-28-181 Cherokee Archer II, reg. LN-NPO.
                          I'm more or less out of the business now, as the cost of flying around with a PPL is rocketing sky high.
                          I miss flying around alone up there, but not at any cost.

Therefore it's nice to se such videos as this.
                          The trip start at Kristiansund airport, flying east via Solheimsundet to the island Smøla with Norways largest windmill park.

Comment

Sterkoder - forgive my ignorance, but what is the significance of the lady that appears in picture 3 and on the manhole cover photo in Post 630? I'm sure I'm the only one that doesn't know!!
                            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
                              Sterkoder - forgive my ignorance, but what is the significance of the lady that appears in picture 3 and on the manhole cover photo in Post 630? I'm sure I'm the only one that doesn't know!!
                              Kristiansund is known for its trade with 'klippfisk' (cod salted and dried on different rocks around the city).
                              This is what made the wealth of the city, and the cleaning and spreading of the klippfisk on those rocks, the handling of the fish in general at that stadium, was very much the responsibility of women.
                              Therefore we say that it was these women who made our wealth, and a woman handling klippfisk were called a 'klippfiskkjerring'. (Klippfish woman).
                              The statue (also pictured on those manhole lids) was erected to honor these ladies.

Here you can see 'klippfiskkjerringer' in work with spreading cod to sun- and wind dry on the rocks in the city

In the process of finding a picture as the one above, I also stumbled over an old post card from Kristiansund
                              Last edited by Sterkoder; November 10th, 2011, 08:08.

Comment

Fantastic - thanks for that. Nice story.

Being married to a Norwegian lady I can certainly believe that the girls were the ones that made everything happen!!!
                                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X