Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Kristiansund

Beautiful picture of the rusty anchor
    Hmm ... there is something special about these rusty items that you see around, and they all have a story to tell

Comment

Yepp, rusty stuff is interesting..., specially in different sunlight, early morning or late evening light.
      Now, yesterday a big storm passed out in the ocean, and as Tuesday and Wednesday are the usual days for change of crew on board many offshore vessels, we had our quays packed with ships these two past days.
      Yesterday I placed myself at a spotterplace at Nordlandet, waiting to top it off with the incoming hurtigrute "Polarlys" at about 4:45 PM, but she sailed straight pass Kristiansund! Anyone care to know why???
      Anyway, here are some images from Tuesday in Kristiansund

"Fugro Symphony"

"Skandi Inspector"

"Siem Amethyst" and a Havila vessel (could be Borg)

Fishing vessel "Rogne"

Packed at Storkaia.
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

At my spotterplace at Nordlandet, you could (when weather permits) actually use one of the communitys benches to sit down and watch it all

If you ever use the sundbåt from the main dock Kirklandet, you can take this means of transportation to Innlandet, Nordlandet and then disembark at the Goma stop. Then you can walk over to the klippfish and bacalao museum at Milnbrygga on the east side of the Vågen inlet.
        (If you know of the old vessel "Borgenes" and where her remains are moored..., that's the place).
        In the summer season, the sundbåt even has a stop at this museum. You see Innlandet and Freikollen in the background, and in fact also the small platform for the sundbåt.

Last edited by Sterkoder; October 5th, 2011, 22:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
          Packed at Storkaia.

That looks like a busy day!
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Yeah, we had about 20 vessels in that day, moored all around in harbour, at Vestbase, ex. Sterkoder ship yard and fishery terminal at Goma.
            At the picture quoted above, we see from left to right:
            Skandi Skolten, Far Saga, Havila Venus, Viking Queen and Olympic Hera.

Comment

Shall we go cave-exploration some day, Sterkoder?

http://www.vg.no/reise/artikkel.php?artid=10090503

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                Shall we go cave-exploration some day, Sterkoder?

http://www.vg.no/reise/artikkel.php?artid=10090503
                That seems to be a very cool place!

Comment

Yes, and after that, we can go to the Nilsen Museum in the same area.
                  Click into the link below and scroll yourselves through the pages, and in particular click into 'Bilder' in the left menu. They have a serious ammount of equipment stored!!

http://www.naaskalk.no/hXGXyTwZjK2Y.23.idium

Comment

Drove down to the new quays at Vestbase during my lunchbreak today.
                    I knew there were nothing much to see, but as I was about to drive back to work, a red danish cargo vessel came up the fjord.
                    I will spoil you and give you all my six pictures of this one, because I'm so happy most of the danish cargo vessels I see in our region are not former flat european riverboats, but nice looking classic designs.

Here's "Saturn" with the mountain Stemshesten in Eide and Bremsneshatten at Averøy in the background

A bit closer, and at this point, I honestly thought she would turn starboard to dock at where I've seen her a few times before, Bolga in Frei

But then, she turned to port, and headed directly for the quay I was standing when shooting my first picture of her

A close-up for those who like that

Just before docking at Vestbase

And finally, they reached their destination and fastened their starboard spring rope. Notice those nice lines and her good looking classic stern!!
                    Last edited by Sterkoder; October 15th, 2011, 00:17.

Comment

That is a perfect panorama, Sterkoder!
                      Photo 3…that sky, those elegant lines of Saturn…delightful.
                      So glad she came to meet you! Your lunch breaks are really something!

Comment

Your lunch breaks are really something!
                        Yepp..., some days there are a lot to see, some days there are nothing. The latter was also the case Friday, but then, in a matter of ten minutes, "Saturn" came and made my day.
                        I'm so fortunate to have my job with Swire, as the lunch breaks are a great deal of fun itself, and if there are something special along the docks or the lunch break is quiet and ordinary for any reason, I'm just a one minute drive away from all of the Vestbase 9 docking sites, where I usually have between 15 to 20 minutes to spend after my own meal.

Comment

My comment is placed in the amazing maritime thread for the reasons I mention there:

http://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/...2325#post72325

You have created a wonderful shot based on my opinion and as many as three factors!

Congratulations Sterkoder!

Comment

Wonderful!! Here some ships info by 7seasvessel.com:

Built by NV Scheepswerf ‘Vooruitgang’ Gebr. Suurmeijer, Foxhol, Yard-No.213
                            299 BRT, 770 dwt – 51,31 x 9,32 x 2,18m ‑ Dg.3,30m
                            Engine:Mot. Werke Mannheim AG, 550 bhp, 10 kn
                            Launched:22-12-1965.Delivered:16-02-1966
                            1966 WILMA FRANK Braker Küstenschiffahrt Ges. Konrad Frank, Brake, Deu.(DDFK)
                            1969 WILMA FRANK “Maris” Küstenschiffs GmbH, Brake, Deu.
                            1969 WILMA FRANK Reederei Fox & Co., Brake, Deu.
                            1969 WILMA FRANK “Njörd” Maris Küsten Schiffahrts GmbH, Brake, Deu.
                            1972 DOURO STAR PR “Hundested I”, Hundested, Dnk.
                            1973 DOURO STAR P. L. Jensen PR, Hundested, Dnk.
                            1976 DOURO STAR PR “Douro Star” (Wonsild & Søn.), Hundested, Dnk.
                            1979 DORCA H. C. Grube, Marstal, Dnk.
                            1982 DORCA H. C. Grube IS, Marstal, Dnk.
                            1989 DORCA PR Douro Star (Marstal Shipping), Marstal, Dnk.
                            20-07-1989 SATURN J. Andersen & Co., Norresundby, Dnk.
                            1991 SATURN PR Saturn, P. & J. N. Nielsen, Marstal, Dis.
                            1996 remeasured, now 627 BRT, 772 dwt
                            Dec.1998 SATURN MS Saturn Norresundby ApS., Norresundby, Dnk.
                            *Status of ship:In Service.Last update:11-10-2011(*Equasis)
                            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Above Kristiansund at 8:30 this Wednesday morning were the most beautiful clouds I've seen for a long time.
                              Created by very strong south-easterly winds at altitude, this is what it all looked like from the window at work.
                              I have no additional comments, just posting them all...

Comment

Those clouds look really dramatic.

Comment

Working...
                                X