Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Kristiansund

Seagull:
    Thanks! You know, when I first saw my own picture of that buoy, it seemed like I used an offset blitzlamp.
    Of course, I did not. The thing is, the sun was covered by a cloud layer, shining on the bright white wall of the building which in its turn reflected the light onto the buoy.

Pakarang:
    Thanks to you too! There are jobs here, but I belive you should have an apropriate maritime job.
    I also hope that my message in this long thread goes out to other people in the world, that Kristiansund is a cosy coastal maritime and shipping city, with a huge oil industry.
    I don't say that I have, but if there are an agenda here, it must be that I hope peopole, tourists and what not get aware of this place.
    I really hope I have managed to show you my hometown in a positive way
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Sterkoder, you have really shown the city and surrounding areas in an excellent manner.
      Beautiful images and great composition, I must admit that I really liked the image of the mooring buoy, nice photo work.
      You are truly a great ambassador for your city.
      Thank you for the walk.

Comment

Sterkoder, thank you for all the great photos. Beautiful colors, nice details, splendid compositions. Kristiansund really seems to be a great town of shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Asimut View Post
          Sterkoder, you have really shown the city and surrounding areas in an excellent manner.
          Beautiful images and great composition, I must admit that I really liked the image of the mooring buoy, nice photo work.
          You are truly a great ambassador for your city.
          Thank you for the walk.
          Please let me return these words of yours, and add a huge thank you!!!
          I really like when you grab your camera and show us all other things than ships also, and as we also have members walking around in Trondheim, I would also love to see more than a tourists view of in example Bodø, Bergen, Stavanger, Kristiansand, Horten, Fredrikstad and so on.
          But me too understand that to make that happen, we must have members with some spare time on their hands there.
          Anyway, I love to experience Norway via CVF!! Thank you all!!

Comment

Dear Sterkoder,

Never underestimate the power of photography (and CVF... ).... as humans, when we decide to go somewhere, we often end up going to the exactly same places as we have seen in photos or films.

I definitely know that... I have been to many cities around the world, and suddenly I remember a photograph I saw from that place, and I end up going there to "see it for myself" too.

I know, if someone is planning on a visit to Norway, and are looking for places, these kinds of shots will always tempt people to explore the place more. It might as well also tempt to make people do that extra effort to get there, because they saw your images.

In my mind, you are an excellent ambassador for Kristiansund, and I can clearly see the love in your heart, the love for your city. I have many times seen your images and thought to myself, what if I ended up in that city too....
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

what if I ended up in that city too....
              Hahahaha...., it would be overexposed...?? (Just kidding).

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                Hahahaha...., it would be overexposed...?? (Just kidding).
                That wouldn't be a bad thing.... well, it depends on what is exposed....

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I could use a couple of other threads, b ut as I call my serie of photographies 'Morning at Vestbase'....., I post all in here. Hope it's ok.
                  It was such a beautiful sunlight at 07:30, so I just had to drive down to the quays again.
                  Here comes "Viking Queen".

Couple of seagulls, "Viking Queen" and Freikollen mountain in the background

Early morning light on the bridge of "Polar King"

"Ìrafoss" in head on (almost) sunshine, with tanker "Navion Norvegia" in the background

You've seen "Navion Norvegia" in another thread yesterday, I know, but I couldn't help taking her pictures again in the bright morning light

Oppositeof the view we know so well

Comment

Some detail shots for those who like that

Hullside is impressive. She will haul 868.030,1 barrels of oil, equivalent to 138.006 cubic meters oil

Port bridge wing

Comment

The early morning light is so beautiful and indeed it is often written (as I’m sure you’ve seen as you are more of a reader about photography than I am) that such times of day are frequently the most wonderful opportunities for taking pictures. Whereas bright day sun and deep shadows forced some compromises the other day (for example at the Viking ship) you just seem to have understood the early morning light like a master. Perfect, every single one…I’m totally ooohhhhing and aaaahhhing at the soft yellow light on the dark hull of Irafoss, the perfect view of Navion Norvegia at the end of #598, the rich orange gold and composition of the detail image #599/1.

Comment

Some detail shots for those who like that
                        Thank you. ;-)

I look at these pictures from the city. That is so amazing. Don´t find the right word.... I must see it with my own eyes.

Matthias

Comment

I could use a couple of other threads, b ut as I call my serie of photographies 'Morning at Vestbase'....., I post all in here. Hope it's ok.
                          It was such a beautiful sunlight at 07:30, so I just had to drive down to the quays again.
                          It's indeed a wonderful sunlight, and you have seen to had a nice morning too. Awesome.

Comment

"Far Seeker" was the only vessel in the harbour this afternoon. This image is taken from Gomalandet sundbåt dock

Someone have placed this anchor at a small lawn by the sundbåt dock at Gomalandet. Innlandet is blury in the background and the sundbåt "Rapp" is on its way from Nordlandet to Gomalandet.

Couldn't resist
                            Last edited by Sterkoder; September 24th, 2011, 21:09.

Comment

I really like this one! Well done!

Comment

Thanks!
                                Me too liked this one. Came out much better on the pc screen than on the screen on my camera.
                                (What is it with me and old rusty stuff...?)

Comment

Working...
                                X