X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Kristiansund

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
    Beautiful images S!

You have really become an ambassador to your fine city by the sea! You have no idea how much this kind of reports from Kristiansund (Christiansund) means in the world of advertising: the city should pay you to continue your endeavor!

Well done!
    Thanks! I'm only posting my own images together with an explaining text....

That said, and far from trying to put myself in front:
    It would be so nice to get a hint whenever, and if, someone visit this city and region on the basis of my "work".
    In that case, it would make my day....

Other than that, it's a pleasure posting pictures from here...., as it's always nice to see reports from other places, for me.
    So folks, keep up the good work and let's make some traffic here...!
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
      A very big congratulations to you... you see, good things will always fall to good people!

Can I be there for the presentation too... ?
      Got the programme for the autumn today, and it seems like I have misunderstood a bit:
      Open to public is the '2nd Thursday of the month' meetings (the story about Nordenfjeldske will be such)
      The gathering I will have is called 'Last Thursday' meetings, and ar only open to members. Sorry...

Comment

When I took the last image from post #539...., this one;

...., I looked like this

The photographer (the boat owner) commented that it was great to see wind in my hair at 30 knots.
        Of course I agree, because I'm very happy to still have any hair to have wind in...

Comment

I so like that!!! …the professional at work…such a steady strong grip…

Comment

FINALLY..., THE WEBCAM ON THE FIRESTATION WATCHTOWER IS UP AND RUNNING AGAIN!!!!!

I've missed this for over two years now, and as the Kristiansund Kommune now got their new webpages, a maintenance on the different webcams were also done.

It's so great, I'm lost for words...!
            (Even if it seems it's not a 360 degrees moving camera anymore).

Link (and give me a hint if you can't see anything. You would need an AXIS Control installed, but that takes exactly 2 seconds).
            http://85.221.20.19/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=10673

And there are more cameras
            http://www.kristiansund.kommune.no/E...d1=1585&EDef=1
            Last edited by Sterkoder; August 26th, 2011, 16:22.

Comment

Great to see this working in your home port,Sterkoder
              I was watching the south coast express on her way to the pier.
              Fantastic camera.
              I see you have the same nice weather as we have in Tromsø too.

I got a nice picture of "Kong Harald" too.

Comment

Holy, how scary is this!!!
                I pushed the button 'Print Screen' at time 16:16:55!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I can't prove it. Did it on my job pc, and the image were deleted.

That said, we got two or three webcams now with good quality. The sad thing is that no camera cover the Markussundet inlet and the southern part of the harbour where cruise ships normally operate. The cruise quay is also not covered.

Comment

It is amazing that we almost have pressed the Print Screen button at nearly the same time with only 1 second intervals.
                  But there are incredibly nice to be able to check port traffic via webcam like this.
                  Maybe it comes webcam that covers those missing areas later?

Comment

Brilliant, I do remember this webcamera from before.

I bet we can get some good shots from it again!
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Today, different salesmen/women going around to different shops selling whatever we need, drive modern cars.
                      Before, they (some of them) had so called "saleboats" (salgsbåter or selgerbåt, in norwegian).
                      In Kristiansund we had a few, and here's the one which is left, for private use today...., named "Reis". Picture taken 20th August 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                        When I took the last image from post #539...., this one;
                        I keep on returning to this picture-perfect summer image. Love it.
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Remember the "Hollywood-sign" in Kristiansund spelling TOPPIDRETTSVEKA when the huge sport event was here, and MAROKKO when the Marokko-festival happened...? (Page 27)
                          Well, now it was time for the people behind those events to say 'Thanks!' to the public and people in the city. The norwegian word for thanks/thank you is TAKK, a small, nice and powerful word

Kristiansund harbour authorities built a new building a couple of years ago. It was a good sized building, but compared to the "Maersk Launcher", it might not be so huge after all...

Comment

To quote myself from post #408 at page 21 of this thread:

On shore for maintenance at one of the many leisure craft harbours in Kristiansund, is an old beauty. Don't know its name or age though...., but might find out...
                            And now I've found out.
                            It's a very rear boat, a Chris Craft 40 ft. DCEB model 1947.
                            (DCEB: Double Cabin Enclosed Bridge).

This particular Chris Craft is one of 182 produced.
                            Of these 182, about 30 survived, and the one in Kristiansund was bought in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada in 2010.

This is how the boat looks today:

Photo: Owner, Kjell Inge Hansen

Comment

You know what..., I just HAD to go down to the leisure craft harbour to get a closer look at that Chris Craft model 1947 today.
                              I really enjoy these/such classic boats, and as the owner have plans to rebuild the interior to the original 1947 standard, I really hope he reach his goal.

Comment

Have to post the last image also. Nothing less than impressive.

And I know you are fed up with this "Maersk Launcher", but I can't help getting impressed by its size.
                                I promise, if I don't find another spectacular angle, these will be the last two images of this vessel. Promise...

Comment

Working...
                                X