No announcement yet.

This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An image that sums up my delight in wanderings and sense of place, so typical of the imaginary landscapes I “made up” and mapped in childhood…and perhaps also a metaphor for life –two paths… which way to take…

Comment

Mellomdammen

Comment

Vesterdammen

Comment

Comment

Kirkelandet Church, built in 1964, architect Odd Østbye.

Comment

The church was not open and I attempted this photo through a window…I had been about to delete it, but now I am rather liking this image.

Comment

Comment

Re: This is Kristiansund

Really beautiful images from you both, Svein and Cecilia. They bring the city to life for someone who has never seen it.
                  And, Cecilia, I'm glad you kept and posted #506.1, it is delightful.
                  Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                  Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Thank you, Cecilia!!!
                    It's like we're walking Kristiansund together once again...., to be more spesific..., last time we drove.
                    So great you did not delite that interior picture!!
                    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I have spread some old analog SLR images I found in a box a little bit around in different threads tonight.
                      24. July 2000 (11 years yesterday), "Club Med 2" visited Kristiansund. I was abroad that day, so this image is taken by my father....

Comment

Oh YES!!!!! Sterkoder has discovered his “shoe box” (as pakarang would say…though I do have some old photo prints myself actually in a shoebox!!!!!!!) “Treasure Trove” might be a most accurate description of Sterkoder’s! And so soon after my visit to Kristiansund there couldn’t be a better time to see these.

I’m now heading for those other threads, but not before saying how nice that you all seemed to appreciate my photo looking into the church. It didn’t seem likely to turn out at all in the circumstances, and the first attempt didn’t look at all promising on the small screen of the camera either…but then I thought “pakarang would have taken such a photo …now what would he have done exactly?…."). So you have pakarang to thank for that photo!

And that brings my ever rambling thoughts back to Sterkoder’s old film prints…remember deciding whether to get a 24 or 36 photo length film in those days?…and the cost of processing ?…I would never have attempted to take anything so unlikely of success as that view into the church back then!

Comment

remember deciding whether to get a 24 or 36 photo length film in those days?…and the cost of processing ?…
                          Oh yes, I remember! Holy...., what days those were....

Remember I did not process my films locally, but sent them via mail to a huge processing company in Oslo, 'PostFoto'. They could do it for much less money.
                          The drawback was that it took two days for the film to reach Oslo (in those days), a couple of days in the processing line and then a couple to three days back.
                          First I could not see the images as I took them, and then it took over a week (if a week-end came in the way of processing) to see them after I took the film out of the camera.
                          (And then half of the images on the film were out of focus, dark or blurred in any other way). Puh....!

I started out taking pictures with an AGFA instamatic camera and 24 images films.
                          And the day the first 36 image film came in the shops..., WOW!!!...., we could visit airshows with 2-3 such films, and think that we could return home with spare frames....

Nevertheless, I claimed I would never get a digital camera, because I enjoyed so much to sit down with my albums, a stick of glue, scissors, tape and a pen to write comments (more or less funny) under the cut images glued in the album...

THANK GOD FOR THE DIGITAL CAMERA!!!!!!

This was a bit OT, but funny to think back on those days

Comment

Holy crap! There have been a lot of new images added to this thread I must say.... someone is certainly trying to sell this beautiful city.... .

KSU is a wonderful destination and when I see all the new images, I really want to go back here some day for a day trip or more.

The Thai restaurant naturally makes it even that much better (thank you Lady C!).
                            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Finally she got seawater around her hull, the new "old" sundbåt being built at Kleivset AS in Halsa for the Sundbåt company in Kristiansund.
                              The boat is a replica of the 1917 version of the sundbåtferry "Framnæs".

Link: http://www.brunsvika.net/startside/a...amnaes#content

Comment

Beautiful lines on this boat, this must just be fantastic to have in the basin of the KSU to the delight of all who live there and visitors who want a nice cruise around the harbour

Comment

Working...
                                X