Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The famous canons!

Comment

Looking over to Kirkelandet –the best the telephoto end of my zoom lens can offer!

Comment

Walking along the path I passed a fascinating place –the site of former waterworks reservoir dating from 1873. Although now empty, another informative notice board mentions past times when the ponds ”were used for bathing and skating by children and youth living at Innlandet.”

Comment

Re: This is Kristiansund

Walking along the path I passed a fascinating place –the site of former waterworks reservoir dating from 1873. Although now empty, another informative notice board mentions past times when the ponds ”were used for bathing and skating by children and youth living at Innlandet.”
          And I'll tell you one more thing:
          Mr. Frode Alnæs, the man who started the Tahitifestivalen, once said that he has plans of using this former dam as an arena for certain conserts during the festival.

Other than that, it's great to see more images from Kristiansund not taken by me
          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Indeed and it is funny spotting familiar things and ships on these pictures. This makes me think: Aaaah, there it is! I am learning orientation in Kristiansund now...
            I do really love this report!!

Cecilia, is it possible that you like this cemetery, because it looks like a weather station beside a garage???

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Oh yes...., I can see these birds of Kristiansund before me, one late sunny summer evening. Take a look at this YouTube video "The Seagulls of Kristiansund" that I just found! Ain't it great?? Of course, you'll have to like jazz....

Composer and pianoplayer Mal Waldron died in Belgium 2002, so we can never get him to perform again. This vioce of Jeanne Lee is just delightful to listen to, for me who love Billie Holliday, Ella Fitzgerald and Sarah Vaughan...
              Last edited by Sterkoder; July 22nd, 2011, 14:16.

Comment

Ah Ralf…I would never have realised that!!!!! (Do you have a shortcut into my subconscious?!!!)

And Sterkoder…what can I say to thank you for that treat!
                (Perhaps I should repeat to you what I just said to Ralf…for I had just about got the following ready to post when lunch (and F1 live practice on TV) intervened. But you’ll see seagulls were also on my mind just as you were posting that delightful clip….)
                Well, this is what I was about to post:

Here are the two statues that are rather more obvious photo subjects, near the sundbåt quay on Kirkelandet.
                It was starting to rain and I was practically poking my camera out from a half-zipped up anorak, but they are quite acceptable photos nevertheless.

Comment

Close by is the Rådhus

Comment

Here I was understandably attracted to another sculpture…with seagulls! This first straightforward photo shows the sculpture in context with surrounding building, flowerbeds and stones.

…but I tried more artistic detail versions.

Comment

Around the corner there is a pizza restaurant, but if you go a bit further along….

…dodging between the market stalls (where I noticed the strawberries from Sterkoder’s home island of Frei were very popular, and understandably so), you discover a little restaurant which would most certainly appeal to our Captain!

It was closed on the Sunday when I took this and I was dining that evening with Sterkoder in any case, but I returned the following day. The resulting photos are dedicated to pakarang!

Comment

It is very small, more so when weather or season prevents outside tables…

…but there is also a lively take-away trade (“carry out” as they say in Scotland!).

Comment

Charming details:

And this is my meal – Geng panaeng. It tasted as delicious as it looks.

So there is simply no excuse for not having a Sterkoder/pakarang get together photo meet in K’sund… just try to allow a couple of days notice for the seagull to fly in so she can learn how to take a really artistic photo of the city hall seagulls, and hear her food being ordered with the correct pronunciation!

Comment

So nice to see your images from my hometown...., and mmmmmm, does that dish look very tasty!!!!

Now, today the mist and fog was like a lid over Kristiansund...., and in the sad light of what happened yesterday in Norway, and after watching tv news all day and all night...., I just had to get out, in fresh air away from any radio or tv.
                            I grabbed my camera and walked around in the city, mainly in the area farthest away from the harbour, near the main church called Vanndamman. This is some old dams and waterways used in really old times to get water to the citys people.
                            I also took some pictures down in the main park, Nerparken and of some sculptures.
                            I'm ashamed that I can't provide you with any info about the sculptures right now...., I'll have to return to that, as the main reason for me to walk the city just today was to give you something else to watch, and for me just to take some pictures.
                            First of all I took a picture of the old house with the transformer and where the huge electro seacable comes ashore at Innlandet.

The seacable lays over Sørsundet, as the bridge between Kirklandet and Innlandet does..., up in the air then. As we see, the banner from "Hurtigruten - minute by minute" still hangs up there, whiching visitors welcome to Kristiansund

Then it was time to visit Vanndamman and the areas around, where the old ditches collecting water from higher grounds are still kept intact

If you're looking at a map, this picture was taken down J. P. Clausens gate towards the hospital, and this picture show just how foggy it was here today

Just a walk in the park..., so to say
                            Last edited by Sterkoder; July 23rd, 2011, 23:06.

Comment

Also took a picture the other way

One of the dams

They could also make very nice stone walls

The ditches collecting and directing water into the ponds look like this

Comment

It was so peaceful in the park today, there was not as many people out as usual. It felt very good to walk here...

Turned around and took a picture the other way

Then I walked on toward the pond where people feed the birds

Seagulls in a tree is unusual

Then there was this old birch

Comment

Working...
                                X