X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Kristiansund

Civic Ambassador
    Mmmmmm....., yepp....., that title taste good, I like that

Look forward to seeing you Saturday, and to show you all my spotter places!
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Today, our sundbåt "Nordsuynd" was put on dry land beside Thon Hotel permanently.
      The sundbåt will get the original colours of the Sundbåt company and will be used for meetings, business conferences, museum to show the sundbåt history and more.
      Here's some images from our local newspaper (and I'm sure you all recognize the slipway from other pictures of mine over by the Thon Hotel)

http://www.tk.no/nyheter/article5664000.ece

Here's an image from www.brunsvika.net

Comment

how exciting!...look forward to seeing that!

Comment

A happy Seagull is aboard Nordlys and heading for Kristiansund right now!!!!!

Comment

Yesterday as Nordlys approached Kristiansund, my phone rang!...instructions to stand at the port side of the ship after she'd past under the bridge.
            ....YES!!!!...There was someone waving to me from the top of the multiple storey car park!!!!!

And that was just the beginning...watch out for my photos appearing here in a few days time...I had the most special and personal tour of Kristiansund imaginable!

Comment

As you all know, a seagull landed in Kristiansund yesterday. Infact, she came via hurtigruten "Nordlys"

Lady C, welcome to my city!!!

Here's some images from a memorable and personal/emotional day, and everything was just perfect as the sunny and hot day ended at my home with ice creem, french waffles and coffee.
              Thanks for a great evening and good conversation at my terrace, Cecilia!!

I told her where I would be, at the parking house roof, on the hurtigrutens port side.
              And what do you know..., there Lady C was, mid-ship taking pictures of me

Just below and in front of that MOB-boat there, blue t-shirt

Thon Hotell over at Innlandet, now with a new attraction..., the old sundbåt "Nordsund" put on shore to become part of a sundbåt museum

Comment

After meeting Lady C at the hurtigrute mooringplace, we drove over to the Thon Hotel where her base will be until Tuesday morning.
                Waiting for our Lady to check in and such, I walked around just outside the reception of the hotel, and here's what I found; "Nordsund"

A Morris Mini

View towards hurtigruten from the bridge over to the hotel parking place and lagoon entrance

The lagoon itself. Here was previously a slipway for the nearby small boat repair yard, "Nordsund" occupying the other one.
                To the left you can see the gray sloping roof of the Tahitifestivalen out-door scene, and the red old wooden building to the right, is the very first prison of the city (to be restored).
                So you see, if you want to experience a couple of days of the Tahitifestivalen, Thon Hotel is a co-operator and a very nice place to stay.

Then we drove around to all my spotterplaces, and it seemed like Lady C had a great time. Guess we all have to wait for her own pictures here, as you've all seen mine..., previously.
                I also showed her the old ship yard Mellemværftet, a great place for a photographer.
                Here's only one picture from me to show you one of the best kept boats down there, "Bris"

I took three more pictures I want to share yesterday, but those are posted in the Walking Bjerkestrand-thread.
                Last edited by Sterkoder; July 11th, 2011, 07:16.

Comment

I was positioned on the bridge ready for Richard With to pass beneath and then returned to the hotel to meet up with Svein again, and moments before he arrived I had a quick peep at CVF! just imagine how thrilled I was to see these! ...and there's more in the other thread!

Comment

I hope you are working hard this morning Sterkoder in preparation for your holiday! I am on Nordlandet looking DOWN over your church!
                    Did you work out where I am? Yes, I found my way right up to Stormvarslet!

Comment

...and I had a wonderful rest of day yesterday. I thought I should take full advantage of the cooler weather to continue the UPHILL walks and viewpoints, and so (after a further crossing by the sundbåt) I walked past the impressive Kirkelandet church to the waterworks and up to the tower Varden!

Food? ...Yes! ...at the charming and friendly little Thai restaurant. And of course I thought of our Captain.

And to round off the day perfectly, the older sundbåt Rapp was on duty, so I got to experience that too!

I am writing this at Kvernberget. So soon I am saying Bye Bye Kristiansund, and if one could give a city a farewell hug I most certainly would do so!!!
                      I have a definite feeling that I shall some day return!

Comment

I can assure you, I started work at 06:30 AM and had a long day Monday, today will look very similar.... and it will slow down a bit tomorrow.
                        Then comes Friday...: HOLIDAY!!!

Thought of you when I saw the SAS Boeing 737 landed at around 9:00 or a bit later.

Great to see that you found your way around, and I'm specially thrilled that you visited Stormvarselet, as all of the tourists dont, and Varden.
                        Look forward to your images very much!

Thank you again for visiting, it has been a pleasure!!!

Comment

I read that you have had a prominent guest from Edinburgh on a visit this weekend
                          Seagull appears to have had a fantastic weekend with good company from you who have shown her your city
                          Great pictures from the arrival of "Nordlys" with seagull at the railing. Great to see all the other images too.Nice collection.

Comment

Thank you, Bengt!
                            Had one of my better week-ends, that's for sure...
                            And it is a delight to watch my own photos, just because they are so sharp and DUST FREE...!!

Comment

Seagull starts to post photos of Kristiansund!

Here I am posting in the Kristiansund thread!

I have started with a photo taken from Nordlys as I arrived (look closely and you can see some guy or other on the roof of that orange bit of the carpark!!!!!!!!!!)

And then the fine new building at the Hurtigruten quay.

Comment

Soon I was across at the hotel, and Sterkoder and I were looking across the water towards Nordlys.

While Sterkoder was taking his superb view of the “lagoon” that has been created beside the hotel, I was trying not to get in his way, and so took this different view to the side, emphasising the curve of the stonework.

Comment

Working...
                                X