http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ53yO6XIjc

"I may not be able to control the wind, but I can adjust my sails."

Enthusiastically regards
    Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

An interesting website from Brunsvika in Kristiansund for some maybe:

http://www.brunsvika.net/
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

A seagull taking it easy in Kristiansund harbour today....
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Now if I’d been with you today and taken a photo like that it might even have eligible as another entry for this months photo competition???!!!
          Considering all the great ship photos you’ve been treating us with recently from around Kristiansund, that’s for sure the most fortunate of seagulls!

Comment

The old ship yard in Kristiansund, Mellemværftet, from around 1880's...

And what do you think of our way of preserving maritime heritage...? Here represented by the horrific remainds of the interior of the sundbåt "LYN"
            This is nothing short of a shame!!

The yellow thing there is the funnel with the company logo, and along the keel, you can see the propeller shaft.

Here's a picture from some years ago. Funnel still on top of the cabin then, but other than that, it's the same sad sight...

Comment

One more image of Mellemværftet. It was from here RS 14 "Stavanger" left this afternoon...

©S. Ludvigsen

Comment

After taking pictures of ships, I took these two pictures of a couple of inhabitants of the Kristiansund harbour.
                This is what we call in norwegian Ærfugl (Somateria mollissima), and as a little easy sunday evening quiz: Could you tell which is the male and which is the female...?

Comment

Oh, PLLLLLEAAAZZZE, Sterkoder, give the formerly duck-hunting country girl a little credit.....although we don't have any eiders to hunt here......shall I let some one ELSE figure it out?? Hint--it's very easy to tell, if you think of the reasoning behind the evolution of coloring in the bird world.........
                  (might also explain why our captain has gorgeous blue eyes whilst I have plain brown ones......)

and another Norwegian word to make me smile....Ærfugl...

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                    Oh, PLLLLLEAAAZZZE, Sterkoder, give the formerly duck-hunting country girl a little credit.....although we don't have any eiders to hunt here......shall I let some one ELSE figure it out?? Hint--it's very easy to tell, if you think of the reasoning behind the evolution of coloring in the bird world.........
                    (might also explain why our captain has gorgeous blue eyes whilst I have plain brown ones......)

and another Norwegian word to make me smile....Ærfugl...

Well...., excusemoi...
                    I just thought it was something to notice that in the world of birds, it's the males that are worth turning your head to take a second look at. Not so in our world...

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                      Well...., excusemoi...
                      I just thought it was something to notice that in the world of birds, it's the males that are worth turning your head to take a second look at. Not so in our world...

HAHAHAHA you're so funny

It's the old "preservation of the species" thing, I guess, to make the females dull colored. Although my nephew, as a little boy, said it was so it was easier to spot the ones you were supposed to shoot......

I'm typing and sitting here looking out my window at the bird feeder with the antics of plain brown Mama Cardinal and bright red Daddy Cardinal eating sunflower seeds......

still smiling at "Ærfugl"- would you literally translate that as "respected" or "honored" bird????????

Comment

Hehehe...., you might say that. In fact, I don't know what Ær means...., we also call it E (Efugl). (Fugl = bird, but that one you've figured out I guess).

(So much I don't know about birds).

Comment

Not quite Kristiansund, but rather the bridge connecting the city to the mainland; Gjemnessundet suspension bridge in heavy rain.

©S. Ludvigsen

Comment

Love that bridge... beautiful!
                            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Wonderful shot. Rain or no rain, very pretty.

Comment

For you hurtigrute travellers out there, a familiar but not very nice landmark is about to be demolited (or is it demolitized...?)
                                This is what's left of the cargo warehouse at the hurtigrute dock in Kristiansund tonight.

The harbour master and his departement are going to build a new house on the spot, which will cover the need for harbour offices, cargo handling for the hurtigruten, new facilities for the passengers waiting for the arriving hurtigrute, a cafeteria and more.

Comment

Working...
                                X