No announcement yet.

This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t worry, my friend, I promise not to take you there when I eventually get round to spending a few days in Kristiansund!

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
      Don’t worry, my friend, I promise not to take you there when I eventually get round to spending a few days in Kristiansund!
      Thank you, my friend!
      You know, it might be me being touchy, but I don't like places like that...., and what in heavens name has sunglasses, the coooolest one, with enjoying tapas?
      Nope, I'm a come-as-you-are kind of person.

Other than that; you are much welcome to my city by the sea!!
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

The reason for me being at Bremsnes when taking these pictures, you can read in the thread about offshore vessels.
        This is how Kristiansund looks like from the shore of Averøy. You see Sørsundet with the Sørsundet bridge between Kirkelandet and Innlandet, the characteristic Kvernberget in the middle with snowy mountains at Tustna far back, and Vestbase to the right side. In this image you can in fact see all three bridges in Kristiansund, Sørsundet, Nordsundet and Omsundet to the far right.

Looking through Sørsundet, we can see a red offshore vessel moored at Storkaia in the harbour of Kristiansund. The name is "BB Troll".

And looki here...., I've never pictured a hurtigrute arriving Kristiansund via Sørsundet inlet from this angle

(The hurtigrute is "Nordlys"..., by the way...., but I guess you knew that)
        Last edited by Sterkoder; March 14th, 2011, 22:18.

Comment

Beautiful images from a beautiful day in a beautiful place... taken by a bea..... great supporter! Thanks so much Sterkoder.

Love the new angle of that last one!
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

No hotel has got more PR from me than the "new" Thon Hotel in Kristiansund. It must be because it's so beautiful and built at that exact spot.
            Anyway, here's a couple of images from yesterday evening just before sunset.

Dining in the evening sun. And in the summertime, you can bring a drink or whatever out on that quay there, and enjoy the sun well past midnight...

But for now, using ski's are still possible....
            (This is in Kristiansund, but on the island Frei, just a few yards from my home. Yes Cecilia, the "fishbones" are Vilde's)

Comment

Well what can I say!!!!!! Actually you can probably hear my delighted reaction all the way across the North Sea! And just wait till pakarang sees this! You know, Svein, I am mentally placing your snow scene amongst some of what I call his “blue” images in my virtual CVF picture gallery and it looks so good.

Next I am laughing to myself, thinking “if you don’t see a motif, make one” ….hugs to Vilde for making your image so special.

Comment

Thank you so much, Cecilia! Vilde told me to say 'Hi!!'

Today I did something only my friend Jan-Olav knows about yet.
                See if you spot what I did in these images from my beautiful city by the sea...

Here's Mellemværftet Shipyard from the 1800's seen from across the Vågen (small bay), and the ferry "Veøy" is looking out behind the building...

Another place in Vågen is "Tor" with the first fishing registery of Kristiansund on the hull: M-1-K (M: Møre and Romsdal 1: number of vessel K: Kristiansund).
                "Tor" was built in 1922

Largest low tide of the year (I guess due to the large full moon) gave some great motifs.
                Here's seaweed close to the Sørsundet bridge

A small boat waiting for spring on the breakwater under the Sørsundet bridge

On the same breakwater is this small lighthouse for navigating into the harbour via Sørsundet inlet (I'm only 150cm away from the structure!!)

The church where I'm christened and confirmed (if that the english word), Nordlandet Kirke built (finished) in 1914. Lense: 10-17mm

Lense: 18-55

Frei kirke, the church 5 km from my home

And I couldn't resist zooming in on the top spear...

Comment

I know, I know, I know.... and (AND) .... I love, I love, I love...!

Very great shots, without saying anything more...
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                    I know, I know, I know.... and (AND) .... I love, I love, I love...!

Very great shots, without saying anything more...
                    Let us invite other members in on this little happening:
                    I went bananas in the photoshop Saturday, in the way that I bought a Schnider 10-17mm Fish Eye lense and a Tokina 100mm Macro lense.
                    Now....., both me and the dealer must have been in some sort of transe, because the Macro lense did not fit my Pentax.
                    And upon reading the small letters on the box, it said: 'To Fit Nikon'....
                    Guess you would have to wait for my macro-images...

Comment

great images svein.
                      sometimes i ask myself why did they so much work on a topspear,while you bearly see them.
                      the tower of the yellow church look nice,with the ''woodwork'' in it
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

Oh my, oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have only just seen all the posts from yesterday in the various threads and could hardly believe my eyes….for a tiny instant I thought J-O must be in K’sund and couldn’t wait to put his characteristic border frames on his piccies in his eagerness to share them! But then of course I could see these images were wonderfully typical of our Sterkoder too, and then I was thinking “he must have borrowed someone’s lens” …..but now this post, and you’ve been SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just so un-experimental where any kind of wide angle lenses are concerned.
                        Svein, you put me to shame!

Comment

Hehehe..., thank you!!
                          Jan-Olav must be happy to see that quality pictures automatically are concluded to be his
                          Anyway, the lense salesman told me I would not regret buying it, and that using a 10mm fish eye would be very funny.
                          'Funny'...., I thought by myself...., 'funny'??

I can assure you, he was right. Have not had so much fun in photography as I did on Saturday. And I'm only in the very start of useing it.

Comment

Congratulations with your new lenses, Svein
                            Really looking forward to seeing pictures from these two new lenses.
                            Macro lense = exciting....
                            Very nice pictures

Comment

Thank you, Bengt!
                              I haven't taken too many pictures with my Fish Eye-lense yet, but am very pleased still.
                              The first Macro the dealer sold me was wrong, so he ordered a new one today which I hopefully will have Thursday or Friday.
                              Hopefully it will be a Pentax 100mm f/2.8 macro. A lot of fun, I've heared...

Comment

The head photographer of our local newspaper Tidens Krav has been out flying again, and made a series of 30 pictures of the city from the air in April 2011.
                                You can find the pictures in the below link, and at pictures #5-9 and 10 you can see the expantion of the airport, and in images #24 and 25 you can see the new docks at Vestbase.
                                All of these 30 images is for sale and protected by copyright, and without highlighting myself or any other great photographers in here, that led me to think (after looking on them) : If the "head photographer" of our local newspaper, a pro, has taken these pictures, I'm convinced like never before that CVF has some of the most professional photographers around without being pros!! We have nothing what-so-ever to be ashamed of...

Now, here's the link: http://www.tk.no/nyheter/article5572508.ece
                                Last edited by Sterkoder; April 19th, 2011, 14:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X