No announcement yet.

This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have plans to ask him one day, about him flying alongside and around a vessel some day with his model plane.
    Expect I have to pay him a fee of some sort, and since I want to plan the flight (almost like a director; weather, wind, sunshine, what vessel, where to fly, permission needed if flying under the bridge and into the harbour etc., etc.) , I'm not quite ready to get in contact with him yet.

Was out to buy myself a camera rucksack today, and went to my different spots to try out my Pentax further more.
    If you see this post first (or not), all pictures from me posted from this time onwards tonight are taken with the Pentax in 'AUTO' (Found out I could still set the EV in 'auto' you know...)

A duck in the harbour, not razor sharp though (the image)

Some vessels alongside the Storkaia dock, with the bright and shiny "Viking Queen" as a huge eyecatcher

"Edda Fauna" about to sail into the Markussundet inlet. Never pictured Markussundet from the south side before, and here you'll see straight into Vågen

"Anne Margrethe" makes a great object to picture.
    (This is a very popular sailing vessel to charter for companies or small private groups wanting to celebrate in special environments. Vikaneset is the owner, and the vessel can be chartered via their website I guess).
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

A beautiful day in Kristainsund: so happy to see you went out to try your camera.

The next step on your ladder now would be to try avoid using the AUTO function...
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

The next step on your ladder now would be to try avoid using the AUTO function
        I'm fully aware. Today was the first time I used the 'auto' setting in all my images with the Pentax.

Sometimes I almost regret not buying a Canon, and use you as my mentor...

But to everyone: Don't be alarmed!!!! I will not have second thoughts and talk negative about my camera this time...., as I might have done to your boredom earlier

Comment

Remember the Tahitifestivalen from page 11 of this thread?
          Well, I just ordered some tickets for me and my better half again to this years event, as the Tahitifestivalen 2011 will go from 22.-26. July.

This year we will attend the legends Nazareth with the support band and norwegian music legends Stage Dolls on the 23rd July, and the fantastic singer/songwriter Beth Hart on Friday 24th.

You must tune in to Beth Hart on YouTube, and just listen to 'Leave the light on' below!!! Great!!!!

Comment

The old sundbåt "Norsund" is supposed to be lifted onto dry land and become some sort of a 'sundbåten info center' close to the new Thon Hotel. Therefore I wanted some last images still in its right element, so here's "Nordsund" for you, moored just 25 meters from the stage where Beth Hart and the other artists will perform when the Tahitifestivalen comes.

Then sundbåten "Rapp" came from Kirkelandet to arrive over at Innlandet, and after some hasty 'fiffling and foffling' with the camera buttons, I managed to get the two in the same frame

Comment

Great shots.... !

Will it be placed on land under a roof?

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                Great shots.... !

Will it be placed on land under a roof?
                Thanks!
                I don't know much about the plans about putting "Nordsund" on land.
                In the newspaper they said it will be completely maintained and fresh painted, then it is plans to hoist it on land on a specially prepared spot near Thon Hotel.
                They are very affraid that this will be looked upon as yet another "Lyn" (you know, the worn down wreck of a sundbåt at Mellemværftet in Vågen) so "Nordsund" will get status as an official "museum" and "info-center" of the Sundbåten i Kristiansund.
                About a roof or not, it's hard to say, but I don't think so at this stage...

Comment

It would be best for her to come under some kind of roof, maybe something similar to the seal-hunter in Tromsø?

Weather has a tendency to create a lot of problems for aging ships, just think of Finnmarken which the Government doesn't find any money to protect (that is, after having spent billions on a new ski jump and plans to use another couple of billions on a new national museum in Oslo)....

Comment

just think of Finnmarken which the Government doesn't find any money to protect
                    Tend to agree with you.

And had "Finnmarken" and other similar projects only been old stabburs and old big farms, the money to preserve would've poured in...(dunno)

Comment

Kristiansund just got its first thai restaurant yesterday.
                      We've had thai-food for a long time here, but now the girls have moved into the basement of our City Hall.
                      They will continue to make take-away, and now they will also continue into the catering market and their location also opens up for a place for people to sit down, as they have 16 seats around tables.
                      The new thai restaurant also have cooperation with a chef making sushi (the same I uploaded pictures of a while back), so I take it this will be a popular place in Kristiansund.
                      The owner, Thurian Photong, is the sister of a colleagues wife, and I can tell you that the food is very good!!!!

Comment

WOHOOO.....

Excellent.... a good incentive for me when and if I ever need to live in Kristiansund again in the future!

Can`t wait to hear about your Thai food encounters!

You should ask them for SOM TAM if you like spicy food!

Comment

A few hours of dry, almost sunny weather, gave me a reason to take my camera for a spin again.
                          Here's a picture taken from the Thon Hotel over at Innlandet towards Kirklandet.
                          We see, from left, "Gripexpressen", "Eidsvaag Polaris" and the HSC in Kystekspressen

"Eidsvaag Polaris", "Havila Crusader" and the hurtigruten docking place seen from the top of Hauggt. and the statue of Mr. Christie

Over by the Thon Hotel, looking east, we see the peak on the roof of Nordlandet church far back, then the distinguished roof of the outdoor scene at Tahitifestivalen, and the entrance to the Barcarole Tapas Restaurant and Arnulf Øverland Gallery

Barcarole Tapas: http://www.barcarole.no/

When making space for the surrounding areas of Thon Hotel, the Riksantikvaren (The Directorate for Cultural Heritage in Norway) demanded that the building and slipway of the old Furseth Slip & Mek. should remain in the area, and so on the top of a rock almost cut into the walls of the house, it was preserved for the generations to come.

And finally, come March 24th, the men in this city will go bananas, as Clas Ohlson will open at AMFI Futura Shopping Mall.
                          Clas Ohlson is for guys what shopping clothes, perfume and nipstips is for women.
                          This Clas Ohlson shop is filled to the rim with gadgets, and guys belive they have come to Heaven!
                          (Nope, not me! I prefer bookstores and such)

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post

And finally, come March 24th, the men in this city will go bananas, as Clas Ohlson will open at AMFI Futura Shopping Mall.
                            Clas Ohlson is for guys what shopping clothes, perfume and nipstips is for women.
                            This Clas Ohlson shop is filled to the rim with gadgets, and guys belive they have come to Heaven!
                            Here in Oslo Clas Ohlson, which is a Swedish chain of stores, is called "Gubb dagis", Swedish for Day-care centre for elderly men.

Meaning: Ladys take their men to town, "place" them Clas Ohlson, and can so go shopping by themselves whitout nagging husbands.
                            Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

LOTS of GREAT images from Kristiansund recently in various threads!
                              Love the views, and also just had to pick out the wonderful mix of colours in 377/3.
                              (Oh, and the Tapas restaurant is duly noted, along with the Thai previously featured!!!!!! )

Comment

Oh, and the Tapas restaurant is duly noted
                                Never been there myself. They proclame to be in the upper class of prices, and they also say that they don't sell beer, with wine and champagne being their main liquors.
                                Nothing for a man like me, so my way is more ordinary restaurants...

Of course, it all may have changed when they discovered that there are not too many really upper-class citizens here to pay their bills, but I'm not in a hurry to find out.
                                (But they are making distance to certain people (like me) when they write on their web-pages: 'you don't find any better place in Nordmøre to sit down and cool off with your coolest sunglasses...' ).
                                That way, they are telling me they are after a certain kind of people.. Don't like such places. Sorry!
                                Last edited by Sterkoder; March 14th, 2011, 13:54.

Comment

Working...
                                X