This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but if she lost/damaged the rudder somewhere in the vicinity of Shetland
    That's correct, they lost their rudder. Don't know if it was around Shetland, but some place in the North Sea, the story said.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Shity weather for a camera today in Kristiansund, as it seemed my lense got filled up with snowflakes whatever way I turned it.
      Anyway, from inside my car, I finally took the picture of "Terneskjær" in the ship spotting thread, a couple of other images and some close-ups of the old steamtrawler (ex. navy vessel "Cailiff") S/T "Borgenes". Uploaded the images in b/w.

Not quite in focus

Just noticed the depth marks

Port anchor porthole

The bow standing tall

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
        Shity weather for a camera today in Kristiansund, as it seemed my lense got filled up with snowflakes whatever way I turned it.
        Anyway, from inside my car, I finally took the picture of "Terneskjær" in the ship spotting thread, a couple of other images and some close-ups of the old steamtrawler (ex. navy vessel "Cailiff") S/T "Borgenes". Uploaded the images in b/w.

Not quite in focus

Just noticed the depth marks

Port anchor porthole

The bow standing tall
        Brilliant details Sterkoder: particularly love the two first one!

Those would be great as a large scale photo, for a hallway or a maritime waiting room!

Very artistic and very well done! Love the idea.... !
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Those would be great as a large scale photo, for a hallway or a maritime waiting room!
          Funny (and a bit scary) you should say that. (You sure our minds are not connected in any way? )

Well, the fact is; when I took that first picture I had the hull of "Nordstjernen" and the new hurtigrute waiting room here in Kristiansund in mind.

You know, due to weather I just had to press the trigger and hope for the best. Should I take a picture ment for framing in a public area, I would have to use a tripod and spend a lot more time to get it perfect.

Comment

Since sundbåten is an icon in Kristiansund, and for a citizen of this city, just as easy to get in love with as hurtigruten might be for everyone else...., I place this under the Kristiansund-thread.

Today, the two sundbåter operating here are "Rapp" and the modern "Angvik".
            In the book about sundbåten, I got interested in two older boats, as their story in that book ended with information which left me with questions about their existencse and whereabouts today.

The two are "Presto", in which the book say it was sold in 1975 to Hamburg to be converted into a pleasure craft on river Elbe, and "Kvikk", which according to the book got rebuilt as a tug and eventually sold to Bergen then Troms.

Finally, today, I got some images of the "Kvikk" as the tug "Tug Odin".
            The images is from when it was used as a workboat in a divers company in Bergen.
            You can clearly see the rimline from the old sundbåt close to the waterline there, and the typical straight down vertical part of the round stern from waterline up.

Now, I'm at the point of my post here, and this goes to you Bengt:
            Latest info is that this "Tug Odin" (ex. sundbåten "Kvikk" ) was sold from the diver company in Bergen to a Mr. Alf Risvik in Kvaløysletta, Tromsø.
            I can't find Mr. Risvik as a private person, but under a firm called Tromsø Friluftsenter close to Kaldfjord. This Mr. Risvik is born in 1953, and my question to Bengt is; do you by any wild chance know of this Alf Risvik and most of all do you know if this tug vessel exist any more...?????

Finally a small question to our Captain, dear Jan-Olav:
            Have you ever been there and even seen the remains of a small vessel wrecked near the breakwater at Nordøyane in Rørvik...??
            If so, do you have any pictures??
            Why this wreck is interesting to me, is that this is the remains of the sundbåten "Framnæs" (3), which is being rebuilt to yet again traffic our harbour.
            Link: http://www.framnaes.no/
            Last edited by Sterkoder; February 8th, 2011, 21:26.

Comment

Now, I'm at the point of my post here, and this goes to you Bengt:
              Latest info is that this "Tug Odin" (ex. sundbåten "Kvikk" ) was sold from the diver company in Bergen to a Mr. Alf Risvik in Kvaløysletta, Tromsø.
              I can't find Mr. Risvik as a private person, but under a firm called Tromsø Friluftsenter close to Kaldfjord. This Mr. Risvik is born in 1953, and my question to Bengt is; do you by any wild chance know of this Alf Risvik and most of all do you know if this tug vessel exist any more...?????
              I have no knowledge of this person, but according to the ship register that it may still be life in this boat.
              I can not recall having seen this boat in the past, but it is perhaps moored a place without that I currently know where it might be.

This is probably the boat you are looking for or??

Vessel Information Updated: 2011.02.08

Signal LM5185
              Ship Name TUG ODIN
              Register NOR
              Status ACTIVE

J. No date information / text
              00280 1974.06.12 MESSAGE
              Ship Name TUG ODIN
              Signal LM5185
              Hometown TROMSØ
              Reg mandatory YES
              Building Location STORD
              Building Land NORWAY
              Year Built 1950
              1974.09.24 00 416 tonnage certificate
              Document Date 1974.09.16
              Nation certificate NORWAY
              Ship Type SPECIAL SHIPS: TOWING / Salvage
              Material STEEL
              Progress MOTOR
              Length 46.750 FOOT
              Width 11.950 FOOT
              Depth 5.500 FOOT
              The greatest length of 50.050 FOOT
              Gross Tonnage 21.46
              1984.01.24 00,035 splice
              Owner Risvik, ALF
              Id 240153
              Address KVALØYVÅGVEGEN 667
              9100 Kvaløysletta
              NORWAY
              Last edited by Azimut; February 9th, 2011, 00:18.

Comment

Thank you, Bengt!
                Yes, I see the vessel listed as 'Active', amazingly in a list updated just today.
                (Do the Skipsregistrene update to the time you click in, or is it in fact the list themselves that are updated??)

Oh, well...., someone told me a little while ago that he has seen a post elsewhere, where a member on that forum said he knew of the vessel, he had worked on board and that the vessel supposedly had recircled to nails.
                (The way this guy expressed it, led me to not belive his story about the recirclement though. It's just because of that it could've been great if someone could see that tug with own eyes and give me a report).

Wasn't it the Rosenborg coach Nils Arne Eggen who said: -"It's hope in hanging snore!"

Comment

I spoke with the former owner Alf Risvik on the phone today and he said that "Tug Odin " was broken up for about 9 - 10 years ago, so the information you received earlier is correct.
                  So that boat is history now.

Comment

I'm so greatful for what you've done, Bengt!! Thank you so much!!!
                    Then we can draw a line and accept that this vessel is history for sure.

Comment

After work this afternoon, I sat for a while surfing on the internet.
                      Then, just outside my office window, I saw motifs I had to take pictures of.
                      As we have our buildings close to a wall of rock, it has to be secured by a net.
                      A small waterfall becomes a nice motif when we have ice cold days like today.

And from my office, the combination of a cliff and riseing moon made a nice ending to a hard day at work.

Comment

Is the colour of that cliff face REAL or is it enhanced somehow???

PS> Looks like sandstone cliff colour rather than granite.

Comment

Yes, that's the colour.
                          But the reason for that sandstone-look might be a low red/orange sunlight shining almost horizontally straight onto the cliff.

Comment

Roofs of the city as seen from Sørsundet bridge. Just so you can place things: the yellow crane in the picture center is the crane down at Kristiansund Mek. in Vågen.
                            In the center you also see the old fire watch tower, and the 'HOTELL'-sign of Hotell Fosna can be seen to the right.
                            Last edited by Sterkoder; February 14th, 2011, 00:49.

Comment

Modelplane pilot Håkon Visnes has been up again, flying over my homeplace Frei south of Kristiansund. Remember fullscreen.....

http://vimeo.com/20040277

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                                Modelplane pilot Håkon Visnes has been up again, flying over my homeplace Frei south of Kristiansund. Remember fullscreen.....

http://vimeo.com/20040277
                                Yiihhhaaa... I will watch this as soon as I finish here on CVF for today! Thanks for the link.... wonder if he could have the fly over of a HRG ship someday?
                                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
                                X