This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed those so much, Sterkoder.
    Yes, he is a brilliant movie maker, not only in the technicalities of flying and filming from the model aircraft, but a fine appreciation of the music in the subsequent editing.
    Another great ambassador for your part of the country!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
      Impressing! Does he use the camera picture also for steering or is the movie a surprise after the landing?
      Don't know him personally, but reports say that he's sitting in his car looking at a big screen...
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

...that explains the way of steering. If he would see it from the distance, i guess the steering would be smoother, but he would not be able to follow so exactly the lines like the shore, the island and so on. Not far away from real flying, isn't it?
        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

I have now also seen the whole video - in full screen!

Waow, am I impressed... made me fantazise how it would be if he flew like this around a Hurtigrute while the ship for example sailed under one of your bridges... that would be a great idea for him: please pass it on...
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Ralf:
            Nope, this is not far from the real thing (except for the altitude). If you take a look at some of his other videos, from high above Kristiansund, there's no difference whatsoever (except for not sitting in the plane).
            As a pilot myself, I get a cick from his movies, it's just like being there behind the controls in the 'front office' and in some situations, I get the goosebumbs

Pakarang:
            I will pass on your idea about the around-the-ship-flying ASAP! What a great movie that could be, with the right music and all, wow!!!

Comment

Kristiansund early Tuesday morning, lighted up for x-mas...

"Frøyhav"

And our sundbåt "Rapp" seen with the bow of "Frøyhav" in front and the sunrise in the background

Comment

Heeey there S... how-come are these images suddenly so much sharper? Trying out a new camera? Tried new settings? Me = curious....

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Office building of Kristiansund Port Authority and others, bathing in the sunset this Sunday afternoon. Finally, I have a camera that gives me a kind of sharpness all over the image and not only in the center.
                  Could've gotten it sharper though, but I was without camera support, much zoom and freezing my fingers off.....

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                    Heeey there S... how-come are these images suddenly so much sharper? Trying out a new camera? Tried new settings? Me = curious....
                    Oooops, sorry Sir! (Can you belive it; I haven't seen your post here)

The fact is, these are taken with my same old FujiFilm S-1500 that I was not so pleased with. Think I fired off in 'Manual' here rather than 'Auto'...
                    If you look at the picture of "Frøyhav", I'm sure you see a certain "soft tone" in the image, and that is what has irritated me seriously over the past hole year!

But now there's a hole new ballgame out, called PENTAX K-X, as I'm sure you'll understand from other threads...

Comment

Rjånes resurfacing in Kristiansund - only to end up as scrap:

http://www.adressa.no/nyheter/morero...cle1572363.ece

Comment

This story with the old ferry "Rjånes" is nothing else than sad.
                        It could've been a pearl in a ferry county like Møre og Romsdal, and a restored ferry in Kristiansund like the beautiful "Bilfergen" in Ålesund.
                        Now, instead, they will document the remains of the vessel and then destroy it...

Must see if I can drive into town Sunday, so that I can do my own documentation.

Comment

Well, Sunday came with nice weather and it was time to drive into town to see what has become of the recovered sunken ferry "Rjånes" from 1936.
                          I soon, too soon, found out that the days of having a camera set in 'Auto' are finally (or sadly) OVER!!!
                          If I want to take good pictures with my Pentax, 'Auto' is no option at all.....
                          No more talk, here are my pictures, as is, out of focus and everything..., but enjoy....

There's no hope for this ferry. The owner, the national road museum at Lillehammer, want to document via measuring and taking alot of pictures, and then they want to scrap the hull and destroy the remains.
                          But the hull have som really nice lines...., nobody can say otherwise.

This is so out of focus I decided I didn't want to show it to anyone, but then again, I must post an image showing the unique bow, originally from 1936.

Comment

Sterkoder dear, please do not be so hard on yourself. I am very thrilled to see these photos of a remarkable vessel.

Comment

I completely agree with Seagull, take your time with the new camera and within a few days / weeks you will deliver bright beautiful pictures that you are really proud of.
                              I have sent many pictures in the bin because I didn't like the result.

This picture series is more than okay, and the most important in this case was to take pictures while the hull is still available.

Comment

Thank you for nice words!
                                I agree to what you say, but as some of you know, I'm my hardest critic and I am very impatient as to get good results....

Comment

Working...
                                X