Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some local architectures and buildings in the city:

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Two scenes from 'Havgapet': unfortunately, the weather was too fine:

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Kristiansund harbour scenes:

Comment

A few more shots from Kristiansund before we finish off:

Comment

Final image, dedicated to Sterkoder, which calls this city his home: Normand Ferking at Kristiansund harbour:

Comment

Fantastic images, Jan-Olav!!!!!!

Local city architecture from the city of Kristiansund:
              This street with all the houses with the same architecture, is called Vuggaveien.
              Kristiansund is widely known as "The Polychrome City", because there are so many different colours on the houses.
              This type of house came as a friendly aid to us from Sweden after the war in 1945.
              They came finished in sections and were put up in a couple of days.
              Another street is also filled with such houses; Sveggaveien at Gomalandet.

The special church was built in 1964 and drawn by the architect Odd Østby. The special effect of this architecture is seen clearly when going inside.
              The floor is flat as the ocean, but it seems like you go downhill towards the alter. Very special...

I notice you upload pictures as I write here, so I'll just wrap it up with saying: Yes, of course, I like the picture of "Normand Ferking".... This must be taken from the dock at Norpower/Jemar under the Sørsundet bridge. Nver taken pictures from there myself, but looks like the spot works well

Thank you very much for showing so many nice pictures from my city!!!

(Just so sad we didn't get to meet this time...).
              Last edited by Sterkoder; February 2nd, 2009, 20:44.
              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Thanks for the comments Sterkoder... so happy you enjoyed the images.

Comment

As usual, just wonderful photos, J-O!!!! I am determined if the weather is better this week to get out and take pics around here!!!!

Comment

Wondeful pictures Jan-Olav! Thank you for sharing them

PS. Love the frames and the text on the phtos.
                    "I may not be able to control the wind, but I can adjust my sails."

Enthusiastically regards
                    Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Elizabeth: Please do go out there and use your camera! Can't wait for your pictures....!

Torbjørn: Agree....., those frames made Jan-Olavs pictures look like professional post-cards. Real nice!

And what amaze me after looking at the pictures, maybe because I have been blind to it when living here every day, is that (sadly) there are too many houses and buildings in this city in urgent need of some painting. The church too....

But, as we approach springtime and a more stable period weatherwise for outdoor paintwork, I'm sure the buildings in need will appear in a more maintained way when the summertime and all the tourists come....., I hope...

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                        maybe because I have been blind to it when living here every day
                        You're into something there, Svein.

I love to see pictures taken of my own town by others, because they see things in a totaly different way then myself who lives here.

Enthusiastically regards
                        Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Don't remember if I've posted these pictures before, but if you scroll up to find Jan-Olavs picture of Vestbase, you'll see a hill/small mountain in the background.
                          That one is about 175 meters high and is called Kvernberget (the Kvernberget Airport is down to the right on J-Os picture).
                          Just remembered some pictures I took some years back from the top of Kvernberget, showing how my city is positioned compared to the sourrounding area....., like the North-Atlantic in the background). Please enjoy....

Please note: The church that Jan-Olav took a picture of is visible to the right (the two white peaks).

Finally, an image I took from my plane (viewable in the lower right corner) of a totally beautiful city!!!!! In the center you can see the harbour, and around it, the small islands on which Kristiansund is built, where I drive around like crazy to get different angles on my shipspotting pictures....
                          Last edited by Sterkoder; February 3rd, 2009, 01:28.

Comment

Great photos, looking forward to the other 997!

Comment

Kristiansund is such a lovely city....

Comment

Nice pictures. I don't believe I have seen Kristiansund from the air before

Enthusiastically regards
                                Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Working...
                                X