No announcement yet.

This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess you've seen this building before, but almost ready for the opening ceremony, the new head quarter of the harbour authority looked great in the evening sun.
    This building will also house the passenger waiting room for hurtigruten.
    As my doctor for may years retired now in August, I just got aware a few days ago that my new doctor will start a medical center together with three other doctors in this building
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Love the skating video, but, at the end of summer, you miss the winter??
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

If I miss the winter...? Well, I might, if I experience hot nights where I can't sleep due to the heat.
        But for now, let us enjoy the rest of a late summer suddenly passing through Kristiansund this week end

Anyway, today at 11:00 o'clock local time, Norsk Skipsfartshistorisk Selskap Nordmøre (Norwegian Shipping History Society - Nordmøre) here in Kristiansund opened their brand new meetingplace.
        Times for 'drop-in' to get coffee, waffles, a ship-talk and more, is Tuesdays 18:00 to 20:00 and Saturday 10:00 to 13:00.
        Members are mostly people who had their work at sea, like captains, 1. officers, pilots, navigators, engineers and all other kind of crew.
        As you also can see from the pictures in the added link, is that "sadly" (for the future of the society and lack of a more suitable word) there seems to be a lot of elderly people being members.
        That's very nice if you think about the experience and stories they all might have to tell..., but how will that affect the "flow" of new younger members...?

Anyway, this looks so good and interesting, I might just go for a membership

Link from the opening via Brunsvika Nytt: http://www.brunsvika.net/startside/a...-medlemslokale

Link to the homepages of Norwegian Shipping History Society:
        http://www.skipet.no/

Comment

Sterkoder Mek. Verksted is gone for ever as a ship yard here in Kristiansund, and so is Storvik...., but there's one left; Jemar Nordpower AS.

They signed their biggest contract ever today, for 17 seismic workboats to CGG Veritas!!!!

Congratulations guys and girls over at your base under the Sørsundet bridge!!!

From our local newspaper: http://www.tk.no/nyheter/article5305022.ece

Comment

Congratulations... not big coastal steamers exactly, but still...

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
              Congratulations... not big coastal steamers exactly, but still...
              When most of our maritime industry is gone, one will grab on to what comes along you know....

Comment

This weekend a veteran boat meeting has been arranged at Mellemværftet Fartøyvernforening in Kristiansund.
                Here's "Frimann" coming in as nr. 2 in the Saturday regatta

Nr. 3 was "Bris"

And the winner was "Grønningen"

"Grønningen" about to cross the finishline under Sørsundet bridge, and we can see "Frimann" in the background

Across the harbour from where I sat, this is a section of the police station.
                (If you look on the windows for a period of time, it seems like the row of windows are horizontaly curved..., in a way)

Comment

Fun, fun, fun... boat races are indeed fun.

But now, I'm dizzy after watching the windows of the police station.

Comment

Panorama of Kristiansund harbour from the top of the parking house of AMFI Storkaia Shopping Mall, looking from NE to the left, via E to SE.
                    I'm at Kirkelandet looking at Gomalandet to the left, the bridge over Nordsundet, Nordlandet with the church and Marcussundet outlet and Innlandet with Dødeladen Café to the right. Great view!

Comment

Indeed a great view, AND, a great city!

Comment

Perfect light and crisp air at around 10 AM on a quiet Saturday morning in Kristiansund.
                        Have already posted some images in the offshore vessel thread, and here are the rest, showing the docks for visiting pleasure crafts, the workboat "Kompass", "Gripexpressen" and the red "Sanco Spirit".
                        Visible in the distant background is the superstructure of "Havila Mars" moored at the hurtigrute dock
                        (Note: My footprints in the morning dew at the wooden dock)

Just had to take this one

Finally, the view from the festival area of the "Tahitifestivalen" over at Innlandet by the Dødeladen Café.
                        This is outside the festival area and usually packed with people without tickets to the concerts because the sound is just as good as being inside.
                        (Note: The galleon figure under the small upper left window of the white house )
                        Last edited by Sterkoder; September 25th, 2010, 13:57.

Comment

You might have mentioned this before, but normally what time of the year is this festival?

Is it a pure music festival?

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                            You might have mentioned this before, but normally what time of the year is this festival?

Is it a pure music festival?
                            Usually it's the last week of June..., and yes, this is a pure music festival with conserts from the main outdoor scene and smaller intimate matinée conserts inside the Thahiti-brygge.
                            There are also music from a small scene in the "beer tent".

Link: http://www.tahiti-festivalen.no/

Comment

Excellent, thank you so much...

The "Cruise Dagan" (the cruise-days), are they still held during the summer also?

Comment

The "Cruise Dagan" (the cruise-days), are they still held during the summer also?
                                Nope..., there are no such thing anymore, mainly because they could not manage to arrange the Cruisedays when there was a cruiseship present...
                                I'm also glad those dayse are gone, as the city only filled with the sale of "juggel" and overpriced gas-balloons.
                                There has alwayse been some sort of "days" in Kristiansund, and after calling them all kinds of things, I belive now they have a couple of days or three called "Kystdagan" (Coastal days)...., whatever that is.
                                It has nothing to do with boats/ships, shipping, maritime activities or anything else.
                                I'm usually not in the city during such "events", because there are nothing happening of interest.

I would've loved to arrange some sort of a "Harbour Day" here, with focus on our harbour, what it has ment for our development as a city, focus on ships (old and of today), Open Ships, salesfair with focus on real maritime and coastal goods, food and other things.
                                "Juggel" (can't find the english word) and gas-balloons would be banned!!

No, the "Cruisedays" only worked one time, and that was when the two cruiseships met in the harbour in the 80's, or was it early 90's?

Sorry for appearing negative, but one has to be honest, doesn't he...?

Comment

Working...
                                X