No announcement yet.

This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just as I kind of get the hang of it, our Captain comes to a period when nothing is certain because although the new company take over the route on January 1, clearly these things don’t just happen overnight and there will be ships getting into place and courses and familiarisation with new ships and so on. (Also he has been doing some overtime on Sogn recently which is probably why he seems to you to have been always working.)

Comment

Hottest place in Norway at time 2:00 PM today was Kristiansund (25,2 official grades celcius).
      And at work, we filled a unit type JKB with water and dived in. Great pool....
      (No, it's not me jumping. If so, it would not have been much water left)

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
        Hottest place in Norway at time 2:00 PM today was Kristiansund (25,2 official grades celcius).

Not a bad idea!!!!!!!

ps. You are having too much fun at work. This is not allowed. It no longer becomes work.

pps-good to see that Renecks are alive and well in Norway.......
        Last edited by ehp; August 18th, 2010, 17:57.

Comment

Oh, you know..., I'm SO HAPPY that this is allowed and that I finally found a place to work where things are this great. My last employer had horns, a huge black tail and inside the factory there must've been at least 2000 degrees
          Last edited by Sterkoder; August 18th, 2010, 22:16.

Comment

Yiihaa... this is the new way to make a workplace a great place to go to.

As I always say, you should not look forward to go to work, but you should also not detest your work. There is a significant difference there. I love being off duty also, but with the great colleagues I have, I also love being at work with them.

I'm thrilled that you are having a good time at work as well, Sterkoder, we spend a lot of time of our lives there after all.
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Dødeladen Café over at Innlandet. Dødeladen is the base for the annual Tahitifestivalen, and alongside the floating dock of sundbåten is an old vessel owned by a relative of mine...., son of my mothers uncle....
              Nice place this, not only during the festival, but year around.
              The sad thing is that if you decide to have a great meal here, this is the place in town which will set you back most moneywise. But it's in such a great atmosphere, and since we only eat here just a few times a year, it's worth it. And by all means, the food is superb!!!

Comment

Love that curvy roof!
                The place looks very interesting, so I thought I’d indulge in a little virtual dining and study the menu!
                Ummm, bacalao! . . . or how about the herb baked cod!!!!
                My appetite is so miniscule though, I might find the main course portions too hearty. But I’m sure they would be happy to serve me the creamy herb soup, followed by Mocha crème brulee.

Comment

Wow! In your added link to the menu, I see that they have both got a new webpage design AND gladly..., (or rather 'they just HAD to') I also see that they have cut a bit back on their prices
                  An addidional and important info:
                  Innlandet, (Dødeladen/Tahitibrygge and Thon Hotel) is the place to be if you like evening sun in the summertime.
                  In the midst of June, I guess you can also have nice sunny late evenings at the SMIA Fiskerestaurant in Vågen

Comment

Are you reading this E (aka “I miss Norway”) ???????
                    Doesn’t it sound nice?????? Even PRETTY
                    How about The CV Lady Commodores Tour visiting Kristiansund and Trondheim (that’s just our minimum itinerary if time is limited).

Comment

And in Kristiansund today, afternoon, we're visited by a superb sailing yacht S/Y "Polski Hak".
                      I was in a kind of hurry to pick up my daughter after her karate training, so these images ar all I got...., from my car window

And I liked the dove/angel-like anchor

Comment

It is always good to have some fun at work, so many work places these days would never allow something like this. Such diversions from daily tasks can only lead to high moral in my view. Having happy staff can only be a good thing!
                        Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

'Steve.B' :
                          You are so right!
                          We also enjoy the company of each other in activities in our off-work time now and then, and we could have a party both with and without our "better halfs" from time to time.
                          This is very important and thankfully, the Swire Group and the branch Swire Oilfield Services understand that quite well
                          (To employers who might read this: the "swimming pool" were only use during the lunchtime, so no harm was done toward customers ).

'Seagull' :
                          So much for the menu over at Dødeladen Café. They close their doors for whatever reason I don't know tomorrow 27th August
                          But, as far as I know, there are a couple of stakeholders on the field and the owners of the area hope to open the restaurant again as soon as possible
                          Last edited by Sterkoder; August 26th, 2010, 07:39.

Comment

....So much for the menu over at Dødeladen Café. They close their doors for whatever reason I don't know tomorrow 27th August
                            But, as far as I know, there are a couple of stakeholders on the field and the owners of the area hope to open the restaurant again as soon as possible
                            I most certainly hope that some new people will reopen the restaurant soon as it seemed to be an integral part of these historic and attractive surroundings.

Comment

And finally, almost after a year, the gang from my workplace who visited the then up and running ice field in Kristiansund, are out on YouTube.
                              Haven't laughed so much in a long time.
                              Who am I...? The guy with blue jeans, black jacket and black cap

Comment

We've all seen postcards with breathtaking sunsets from Caribbean islands, Hawaii, Fuji or where ever.
                                Today I want to show you a picture taken at 9:00PM yesterday evening towards north-west from Kristiansund.
                                This beautiful image is taken by Tom E. Feldberg and I've borrowed it from www.brunsvika.net.

Don't have to travel far to watch the art of nature, huh...?

Comment

Working...
                                X