This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    "Oma" mirrored in the sea with raindrops. A bit less rain here, for a change...
    A very nice spot Sterkoder. Love this composition!
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Went down to Mellemværftet and Vågen again this afternoon, but this time I drove down, mainly to take a picture of the cargo vessel "Torvåg".
      Anyway, here are just three images

Belive it or not, I don't remember the name of this one
      (EDIT: Of course, silly me, it's the "Alegra" with the broken bow spear)

But it made a beautiful mirror image in the sea

A brand new lightpole is put in place at my spotterplace at Innlandet. The white building to the right is Thon Hotel with people at the dock tables in the evening sun.

It's a beauty this hotel, and in the high summer, it has the evening sun long after midnight...
      Last edited by Sterkoder; August 14th, 2010, 23:13.
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Such a lot of really interesting and excellent photos from yesterday in various threads, Sterkoder. But as we have been recently shown to have been discussing photography , I must just pop in here to admire these images. That first view is so perfectly composed –the curve of boats on the left, the crane’s right angle defining the corner, and the boat and its reflections in exactly the perfect position on the right. Such a pleasing picture. And in the next one I especially love the colour composition. How good that the boats trim is so similar to the reflection of the warehouse, and then there are the yellows and warm brown details in the boat. Just lovely!

As for the Thon hotel, well that last photo has me practically choosing my room already in anticipation of the day when I get round to staying longer in your city than just “hurtigrute time”!

Comment

Oh, I would guess that Thon Hotel is THE hotel to stay in for harbour- and shipspotting freaks

Today and tomorrow the 'Toppidrettsveka' (Elite Sport Week) has come to Kristiansund. The top skiers in the world, both male and female, are having competitions on roller skis and off-road bikes, and the event is covered by Norwegian Broadcasting (NRK) and Eurosport.
          I post all images I took here, even if a few should've been posted in the "Richard With"-thread

"Tvende Brødre" (old for 'Two Brothers")

Helicopter was filming the sport event, which will be sent by NRK1 tonight at 10PM

Nord62 was the operator

Life in the harbour, and as usual, the hurtigrute (RW this time) was late southbound from Trondheim

Comment

I can just imagine strolling along the harbour in those first scenes . . .
            and the delightful sundbåt really completes that last photo – love it (meaning both the photo AND the sundbåt )

Comment

Nice pictures, Sterkoder.

Compared to Hurtigruta, it is remarkable to see how the offshore vessels have grown in size.
              When I started, the Pattje-type supply boats where the name of the game.

Comment

Thanks for nice comments! NRK1 broadcast from my hometown right now...

Direct web-tv: http://www.nrk.no/nett-tv/direkte/nrk1/
                Last edited by Sterkoder; August 14th, 2010, 12:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                  Thanks for nice comments! NRK1 broadcast from my hometown right now...

Direct web-tv: http://www.nrk.no/nett-tv/direkte/nrk1/
                  Thanks so much for the tip!
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

In this year 2010, Vestbase is 30 years.
                    As one of the way we/they will celebrate the anniversary, Vestbase will have "Open Doors" or "Open Base" if you will, Saturday 18th September.
                    That day you can walk around on the area, talk to different people from all the companies, ask questions and what not, and getting entertained by bands, singers and such.
                    Of course the mandatory sale of coffee, hot dogs, soda and such will take place and for those who visit, taking pictures will be allowed!!!
                    (As last time they arranged "Open Base" five years ago, there were also several offshore vessels along the docks which had "Open Ship")

(NOTE: This is just about half the base, as the other half is outside the left edge of my picture)

Comment

Wow “Open Base –what an absolutely superb idea! And photography permitted!!!!!!! So civilised.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                        Wow “Open Base –what an absolutely superb idea! And photography permitted!!!!!!! So civilised.
                        Yes, well, you know...., Vestbase is northern Europes largest oilfield service base, and working there myself, I'm kind of proud to present the base to all of you.
                        If everyone react fast and decide to use their savings to travel to Kristiansund, this could be a superb occation for a gathering "light" as I see it as absurd for someone from across the Atlantic to travel to Norway just for an Open Day of the oil service base in Kristiansund...

Comment

18th September . . . ummmm – could be a certain car ferry’s fortnightly work rotation is kind of out of phase again –first that sea trials opportunity and now this open base . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                            18th September . . . ummmm – could be a certain car ferry’s fortnightly work rotation is kind of out of phase again –first that sea trials opportunity and now this open base . . .
                            A CV-gathering needs more planning, I know....
                            The thought of mine above was just a result of having a great time at CV combined with a tiny little glas of good cognac after a splendid meal yesterday evening...

Comment

. . . . and the thought of mine above was just a seagullish dream to get you two together on a photo-taking-and-chat-day sometime (preferably with said seagull swooping around, though no totally switching to engelsk takk).

Comment

I kind of know, Cecilia.
                                You know, I want to meet our captain in a "photo-safari" setting, and even if it's a short 3 hours car ride to Trondheim, such a trip has to fit in a family schedule of mine...., but more important, it has to fit the life and job schedule of J-O. That schedule I have no knowledge of whatsoever...., as it seems like he's "always" on job...

Comment

Working...
                                X