No announcement yet.

This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great atmosphere... wish I could participate, see, this festival some day.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

You're right, it's a great atmosphere at the Tahitifestival
      Everyone are smiling and kind to each other, no matter drunk or sober

The festival have no guards, security guards or something negative loaded like that, they have a lot of "Trivselsvakter" (Welfare Guards) walking around looking after the visitors and making it sure they all have a great time!!

The conserts are from an open stage, where the most eager fans take place in front and others mingle to talk to people they meet, have a beer or something and have great music in the background.
      For the majority of the visitors, the music is not the main reason for buying a ticket.

The festivals slogan is "Norges triveligste festival" (Norways most thriving festival)

And no matter who's there, either for the Tahiti Conference or for the concerts, they are mingeling with the ordinary visitors.
      One year I said hello (just as we passed) to our Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg, Manchester United star Ole Gunnar Solskjær (but of course, his born here), I've thanked musician Øystein Sunde for a cd (he was visiting just one evening from his summer house at Averøy), foreign minister Støre can be found walking around, as can NRK journalist Geir Heljesen and wednesday evening former PM Torbjørn Jagland.

Tahitifestivalen is a casual and relaxed festival with great names on stage playing good music...

Festival link: http://www.tahiti-festivalen.no/

Here's two of the "Welfare Guards" (But don't be fooled. The guards can easily be "Security Guards" if you do something stupid)

And two more, checking that people arriving with the sundbåt got tickets

Photos: Bernt Solsvik/Tahitifestivalen
      Last edited by Sterkoder; June 27th, 2010, 14:07.
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Here's an image from 27th June last year. Belive it or not, it is possible to mingle

Photo: Vigdis Wollan/Tahitifestivalen

Same evening, a bit earlier. Cosy, isn't it?

30th June 2007. Mmmmm....., SUMMER!!!!

View from the top floor of the old Tahitibrygge same evening

My friend the cannoneer from the "Shtandart"-visit, seen here opening the festival in 2006

And it's always nice weather during the festival...., 11 years in a row (except for a little rain friday, and when Kim Larsen visited in 2008)

NOPE...., I'm NOT the festival PR consultant!!!

Comment

Those images does indeed sell me! I'd love to participate in the festival some day, but only if you will be my guide!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I'd love to participate in the festival some day, but only if you will be my guide!
            Of course I'll be your guide!!
            We've always visited the festival Friday or Saturday..., or many times both, and despite we went there Wednesday, I belive in the future we will go there on a week-end evening.
            (And please be aware: I drink beer...., but when the beer makes its impact on my system, I only get happy).

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
              .....but when the beer makes its impact on my system, I only get happy).
              Not a bad thing at all... I love happy people!

Comment

On this day, 29th July 1742, Kristiansund got its status as a city..., so that means my city has its birthday today!!

268 years...., young and beautiful...

Comment

Oh.. I do remember the founding days.... it was hard work, but we eventually made it... can't eve imagine it's been that long already...

Comment

Comment

Ohhhh....., isn't it beautiful, this city...???

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                        Ohhhh....., isn't it beautiful, this city...???
                        Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You know perfectly well which town was voted the most beautiful in Norway, don't you.

Well, Aalesund is also the host of the second most ugly building in Norway.

For those not familiar with local in-fighting in the area, this is called "Fogderi strid". There is a lot of friendly competition between the three major towns and districts in Moere & Romsdal county.
                        No bonus points for guessing which town and district comes out tops though.

Comment

"Fogderi strid".
                          It's a long time since we've had any kind of "fogderi strid" between Sunnmøre and Nordmøre.
                          The "war" now is between Nordmøre and Romsdal, and in many cases, that is far from friendly and cosy.
                          It's been something going on for a long time, so long that it's impossible to even begin to write about it here. Check in with the local media from time to time, Tidens Krav (Kristiansund): www.tk.no and Romsdal Budstikke (Molde): www.rbnett.no
                          The main issue now is that a board of staff of the regional hospitals wants, (to say it short and brutal), to take away our hospital in Kristiansund and build a new hospital in Molde for all of us, also we living in Nordmøre.
                          That is the same as declareing a "war".
                          That's only one thing, then there are the airports, roads and much more.

(I'm glad Norway is not like what Jugoslavia was...., then we might have had some pretty ugly scenes here).

Comment

Vestbase with the mountains at the island Tustna east of Kristiansund in the distance. Omsundet bridge, pictured earlier here, can be seen to the right.

A little zoomed in, and you can also see the control tower of Kristiansund Airport above Vestbase. The flat area to the left of the tower is the runway running east - west

Comment

Remember the old warehouse from post #17 in Vågen....?
                              Here's Jan-Olavs picture from that post:

Here's how it looks today. Beautiful!!!

Comment

WAOW.... nice restoration work.

I'm thrilled to see such an improvement, that looks really good... thank heaven they didn't choose to just tear it down, but a full refurbishment instead. After all, there is still some justice in the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X