This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, both!

I feel like Kristiansund is "fotografert ihjel" (as we say in Norwegian). You guys must help me find a suitable English expression.
    Therefore I feel the need to go more into the details of the city, and try to find motifs none of the "hundreds" of photographers in Kristiansund has yet to discover.
    It's getting more and more difficult.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
      Thank you, both!

I feel like Kristiansund is "fotografert ihjel" (as we say in Norwegian). You guys must help me find a suitable English expression.
      Therefore I feel the need to go more into the details of the city, and try to find motifs none of the "hundreds" of photographers in Kristiansund has yet to discover.
      It's getting more and more difficult.
      My pleasure.

Just look at the Trondheim-thread! It's dead, well, apart from my own posts. I have "photographed-to-dead" most of the threads I post to.

You keep on sparking interest with your photographs, and your techniques are really great. Keep at it, my man, you are doing very well.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

YEEEEEEHAAAAAAA!!!!!! I won my very first serious photography contest!

We have a few "icons" in Kristiansund which we have to take care of to let the picture of the city be unfractured; sundbåten, the fireboat Slukk II, Varden, Bautaen and our old 'brygger' (sea warehouses) along the waterfront of the harbor.
        An hour ago I got a phone-call from the jury in the photography contest 'Bryggene i Kristiansund', telling me that there were two ladies on third and second place, but I got away with the first price.
        I will receive words from the jury as to why my picture won, the price (whatever that may be) and nice words with applause at Dødeladen café Thursday at a seminar from 09:30 to 10:30 about how to take care of and use the warehouses in the future, where the Minister of Environment and Culture Mr. Ola Elvestuen will hand over the price.

What a day can bring if one get out of bed!

What picture won?

Well, it is from the roof of the Jonas Eriksen ware house in Vågen, and I called it 'Stairways to Heaven', as Master Photographer Morten Krogvold once said; "when you walk around with your camera, look 5 or 10 meters up from where you usually look. Discover your place, city, town in a new way".

And here it is:

jonas-brygga by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

You guys at CVF are the first to know
        Last edited by Sterkoder; June 26th, 2019, 15:03.

Comment

• Ralf__
          Ralf__ commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations!!! And that picture is really good. Nice focus on the centre, while sharpness is fading away in all directions.

• Tommi
          Tommi commented
          Editing a comment
          That's great news!
          Congratulations, good work!

Congratulations on a price well deserved.

So very happy for you!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Oh my ...what wonderful news Svein! Congratulations indeed! And so well deserved, not only for this image but for the serious and dedicated way you have taken up photography, and especially how you have used your aptitude and skills in praise and support of your city.

Comment

Thank you, thank you.
            Latest; a christian school further south asked me if they could use my picture in a biblical education setting. They see something religious in it. Of course I said yes :-)

And I almost forgot; the Minister and Photographer ;-)

Last edited by Sterkoder; July 2nd, 2019, 08:40.

Comment

And here are the article on the citys web-pages:

(Norwegian only)
              https://nyheter.kristiansund.kommune...62rE4KfQpngpOY

Comment

Oh my, this is so thrilling and makes me feel so proud of our Sterkoder! . So many photographic achievements, not to mention a talented photography student daughter!

I think this is definitely the moment to suggest something to our admins here on CVF.
                It's about time (=long overdue) that I relinquished that Official Photographer rank here on the forum and appoint Sir Sterkoder. Then with DS Lyngen in the North, Captain in the middle, and Sterkoder farther south along the "Hurtigruten Coast" we are well and better covered with real photographers

Comment

Hi Svein
                  Congratulations on the first place in the photo competition.
                  It is a well-deserved honor, with all your contributions from Kristiansund and the surrounding area.
                  Best wishes from Bengt Domben

Comment

Sundbåtferry FRAMNÆS on her way from Gomalandet to Kirkelandet and the Pier, with HSC TERNINGEN in from Trondheim and a large sign in the background
                    IMGP3156 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Sunday afternoon at the city square in front of the City Hall. If hungry, you can buy taco and other Mexican take-away from that colorful caravan down there
                    IMGP3163 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

RS 82 HJELM WAAGE at her base with Innlandet and mountain Freikollen (629 meters) in the background.
                    (Fun fact for you hurtigrute- and NORDSTJERNEN lovers out there: this vessel is privately owned by Captain Reidar Berge on board the MS NORDSTJERNEN)
                    IMGP3146 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Vågen, a unique area in Kristiansund. Near the picture center you see the stone built Nordlandet church from 1914. The white large building/sea ware house with the orange roof is the Milnbryggen where the Klippfish museum is located. The new building with flat roof to the right there is the brand new Kranaskjæret Restaurant, and the new brygge/sea warehouse being built there (with the temporary golden looking roof) is to become the main office and headquarter for LERØY Salmon fishfarm company in central Norway. As you see, it is fully possible to build new nice looking buildings to fit into the environment. We don't have to erect square blocks every time we build new buildings/houses.
                    IMGP3115 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Two helicopter eggs (haha) at the port cargo terminal near the hurtigruten quay. When cracked, they will become Aerospatiale AS-225 SuperPuma (now Eurocopter EC-225) helicopters.
                    They came wrapped from Africa to be stored on long term basis at the airport. Someone delivered (and someone received them) wrong, and instead of unloading at Vestbase near the airport, they were unloaded in the middle of the city.
                    So now some vise guys discuss how to get them in a safe way to the airport through narrow streets and under bridges...
                    IMGP3142 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
                    Last edited by Sterkoder; July 10th, 2019, 09:38.

Comment

ohhh.... my helicopters have arrived! Not!

You have a beautiful city, Sterkoder, it will always have a special place in our hearts.

I must say, Hjelm Waage is a beauty. Such a classical and well proportioned shape. The perfect rescue vessel and private yacht, or whatever you wish to use it as.

Comment

More pictures of the Seven Seas Navigator in the Cruiseships in Kristiansund-thread, as these are just some pictures I took while out 'cruise ship spotting'

This is the small tanker GRIP BUNKER
                        ​​​​​​IMGP4020 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP4021 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Oh...., forgot; here's the mandatory funnel picture
                        ​​​​​​IMGP4010 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A small buddy watched all my moves when taking pictures at Nordlandet.
                        IMGP4023 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Car ferry TINGVOLL is stand by as a reserve ferry should any other one in the area break down..., and THEY DO!
                        IMGP4018 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

The old ferries have been a saviour many a time... they don't build ferries like that anymore. She is not a beauty in the right sense of the word, but she is ..... ehhh... charming(?).

Comment

• Sterkoder
                            Sterkoder commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Oh, I belive TINGVOLL, the car ferry, has nice lines (she even got spring) and I like her.

A city wakes up to a sunny day, Monday 23rd September
                          ​​​​​​IMGP4582 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

After several days in her moorings, car ferry SVANØY got a visitor from far away
                          ​​​​​​IMGP4587 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP4598 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Oh i like #1649/1, how often do we have the opportunity to see three ships with round sterns on a harbour picture today. This is really nostagic.
                            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Working...
                            X