Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
    A few more shots from Kristiansund before we finish off:

What a lovely place, and peaceful. I hope someday go there. I haved travel, to Europe and Spain. In Spain lives one of my sisters. Gisela

Comment

Originally posted by Gisela View Post
      What a lovely place, and peaceful. I hope someday go there. I haved travel, to Europe and Spain. In Spain lives one of my sisters. Gisela
      Tragic death is always sad, because yow never imagine It could happen to yowr family and friends. And more sad when the persons are chid's. I am praying for the girls,family and Kristiansund. Gisela

Comment

Little Nicoline had her funeral today.
        Almost 900 people payed her a last honor in the church. This is so sad, I'm lost for words. I belive many citizens cried today....., as did I....
        Tomorrow brings another sad day, as her little friend Mona will have her funeral.
        I have never before felt such a huge "togetherness" as we have in the hole city these days. People not knowing each other are sad together, and that's a sign of a strong and united population, when needed.
        I'm proud of Kristiansund!

Link to an article and video from the seremony in the church today:
        http://www.dagbladet.no/2010/03/15/n...ykke/10862230/
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

What a wonderful population in Kristiansund!!!
          Wish I could give all of you a great big hug!!!!

Comment

Thon Hotel at Innlandet in Kristiansund

Israelsneset Mekaniske, an old ship yard in Kristiansund. No longer in service, and the white former administration building to the right are a private house today. It has nothing to do with the state Israel, rather an old guy called Israel.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
              Thon Hotel at Innlandet in Kristiansund

Israelsneset Mekaniske, an old ship yard in Kristiansund. No longer in service, and the white former administration building to the right are a private house today. It has nothing to do with the state Israel, rather an old guy called Israel.

Cute location... that guy does have a great view from his house!

Location, location, location....
              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Since my community Frei became a part of Kristiansund a couple of years ago, I'll post a picture from the far south side of Frei...., down at a place called Kvitnes. Here was one of our two "contact points" to the outer world before we got our bridges and tunnels in 1992.
                This is Kvitnes car ferry dock 18 years after it finally got out of service, and this dock was the one to use if one wanted to go south towards Molde, Ålesund or connect to the main road E-6 via Romsdal. The ferry dock on the other side was Høgset in Gjemnes and the crossing took 20 minutes.

Comment

Kind of spooky... but still so ... intriguing.

I learn something new, I had no idea there was a ferry dock in that area.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thursday 25th March, norwegian TV-channel NRK1 at 20:45 :

A 10 minutes long (I'd rather say short) program about the sundbåt in Kristiansund
                    The series is called 'Glimt av Norge' so I guess that's the title to search for at NRK WEB-TV for you who don't get norwegian tv.

Comment

Thursday 25th March, norwegian TV-channel NRK1 at 20:45 :

A 10 minutes long (I'd rather say short) program about the sundbåt in Kristiansund
                      The series is called 'Glimt av Norge' so I guess that's the title to search for at NRK WEB-TV for you who don't get norwegian tv.
                      With the word "glimt av Norge" maybe it'll be a 10 second shot of sundbåten?

Comment

I hope not..., even though only 10 minutes might be regarded as a "glimt" in the tv-world

Comment

And in the link below is the short documentary.
                          The talking is of course in kristiansundish, but I belive also foreigners have great pleasure in the programme, as the pictures and scenery are stunning (can I say anything else?) .

http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/klipp/623412

The documentary starts after 1 minute 30 seconds.
                          Last edited by Sterkoder; March 26th, 2010, 08:37.

Comment

Scrolled through my picture archives just now, and thinking about "my own" mooring pillar I pictured a week ago, I just realised we also have our own pedestal for seagulls in this city
                            This is an ancient sideway support for the old sundbåts that used this dock.
                            (Måse=seagull, stativ=pedestal)...., so as a 'hello!' to our member 'Seagull' in here, let me just post an image of our seagull pedestal over at Innlandet

Comment

....I just realised we also have our own pedestal for seagulls in this city....
                              So proud! My very own pedestal in Kristiansund! Another “must see” location when I visit.
                              Yes, that’s a when, not an if! – just need a new financial year boost to my allocated “travel funds” – though I have a feeling that Captain will not allow me to set foot anywhere in Norway until I have posted dozens, if not hundreds, of images in the Thailand Section of the forum . (Don’t remind him that Travels in Norway 2009 haven’t appeared yet either).

Such a good photo with the beautiful light on the water. Look how lovingly that rope feature is wrapped around the name board! And you know, Sterkoder, I’ve always been attracted to those sundbåts past and present whenever they’ve featured in your posts.

Comment

Today, I had to rush to get a vessel with my camera, bringing me to a spot I've always have had in the back of my head for use as a spotterplace when needed, but which I've never used before.
                                I got the vessel, presented in the ship spotting thread, but let me just show you the place I used first.
                                This is the old bridge into Kristiansund, Omsundet bridge, built in 1939 and 1940, 200 meters long and ended service as the new bridge came in 1981:

And there were small ponds of water

Felt like b/w would be right here

Old and new times meet

The new concrete bridge is far from the old one in beauty

You can also relax, enjoy a cup of coffee you might've brought in a thermos, light up a small fire and enjoy the silence or sight of the few vessels using this narrow strait

It's crazy to think about this being the only road into a city of 18.000 up until the modern times of 1981

Comment

Working...
                                X