No announcement yet.

This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing in particular happened. As I said, it just have to give way to a new hous...., as the owners just wanted a bigger and easier hous to live in.
    The original structure of the old house is from early 1900s, so for a modern family, I would guess it's a bit "difficult" to live in...
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Detail from Mellemværftet, a ship yard from late 1800s

Remains of MV "Fausken". This was usual vessels in the harbour in the old times. They were mainly used as tugs, hauling big barges of export fish out from shoreside warehouses to big steamships at anchor in the harbour. They could also take passengers. (Short summary of norwegian text at sign below)

Comment

If, and when, I visit Kristiansund again, you really have to go to Mellomverftet with me Sterkoder.

The composition in the first image, of the lamp, is actually quite exiting. Well spotted!
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Cool photos you've taken there. Did the old wooden boat

Comment

Cool photos you've taken there. Did the old wooden boat
            Did the old wooden boat what...??

Just a test-image of "my" church

And one of the building over at Sterkoder Shipyard. The mountains in the back is at Tustna and the bridge is Nordsundet bridge between the two small islands Gomalandet/Kirkelandet and Nordlandet in Kristiansund

Comment

Reinsfjell (994 meters) with its radio-, television- and other communication masts on top, bathing in the February evening sun earlier this afternoon.
              By the way, this is a part of the view from my living room

Sørsundt bridge in sunset. Offshore vessel "Skandi Stord" barely visible at Storkaia

Innlandet with the Thon Hotel, old sailing vessel "Anne Margrethe" and the Tahitibrygge
              Last edited by Sterkoder; February 27th, 2010, 22:39.

Comment

Beautiful sunsets... I saw we also had a red sky above Trondheim, but I was so busy updating the SS Norway timeline on the main page, that I completely forgot to go out for a walk.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Such lovely skyscapes and sunsets Sterkoder, love them, and you seem to be getting the hang of your camera .
                  And to think that such a mountain can be seen from your room too!

Comment

Kristiansund is a coastal city of about 25.000 citizens, and today we are all sad......, so sad....
                    Yesterday evening we lost two small 9-year old girls, when they were taken by a huge wave when playing on the rocks near the ocean.
                    Originally they were three, but one managed to grab a hold and so she survived.
                    The sad thing is that one of the girls taken by the wave was her little twin sister.
                    Our main church is open and everybody, from school children to elderly are visiting just to have a quiet thoughtful moment, light a couple of candles, share the sadness, and be together in this difficult time. I didn't go to the church tonight, but I've cried. I got a daughter of 10 years myself, and that sort of trigger some thoughts.
                    The article from the local newspaper is in norwegian only, but nevertheless...., for you who read this language, here's the link:

Link to the local paper: http://www.tk.no/

Link to the national paper VG: http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/a...p?artid=598374

NRK: http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/m...sdal/1.7028585
                    Last edited by Sterkoder; March 8th, 2010, 23:30.

Comment

Indeed a most tragic accident. When I heard the call on the radio last night, I was hoping for a long time that they would be saved.

But then, just after midnight, the news broke that two of the three girls had passed.

Unbelievably tragic, even though I have no knowledge of them. It was actually so hard to even read the newspaper articles about this.

My most sincere condolences goes out to those that are affected and to those that knew the two girls. This was not supposed to happen, but young children may not have the same knowledge of the dangers sometime.

Comment

Through work I know the father of one of the girls. That makes it a bit harder....

Comment

Such sad sad news Sterkoder. What a truly tragic thing to happen. My heart goes out to all the friends and families of these young girls. I can understand what a hard and sad time this will be for everyone in your town. My thoughts are with you all.
                          Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

This meaningless thing is so hard, so unfair to those it happens to. After becoming a parent myself, these things really get to me and I can only imagine the pain and grief the closest family of the two little girls feel.

Comment

How well you put it, "Little S"...... it's one of the added burdens/benefits of being a parent...you feel things like this so much....

It constantly amazes me how things around the world can now touch our lives. We are all interconnected.

My prayers not only to the families, but to all of you in Kristiansund, Big S, as you all struggle to learn ways to cope with this....

Comment

It was a tragic message to get when the hospital and police announced that they could not save the poor little girls lives.
                                Now we all are trying to get prepared for the funerals....., little Nicoline on Monday and little Mona on Tuesday. It's so sad.
                                We're all thinking more and more on the little sister who stood on the rock watching her sister and friend taken by the wave. We can't imagine what's going on inside her and what feelings she will struggle with in her coming life.

I've noticed one important thing, and I want to tell all of you out there, that when needed...., a citizen from Kristiansund have a big heart and we all stand shoulder by shoulder either we know eachother or not. That's a comfort.

Comment

Working...
                                X